Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony 1272 Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:16 am    Post subject: Sony 1272 Problem Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Sony 1272-
Turned on the pj tonight and I have two short green and red lines near the bottom of the screen. 4 inches long or so. Not straight lines either, sorta of jagged . And if I look real close, a vertical green & red line runs from bottom to top of the screen, lines look like they are perfectly centered on the screen. These lines extend from the top of the jagged lines. Make sense?
Any ideas?

It also is acting up when powering off. It clicks a few extra times after pushing the off button, fans slow down, then the picture turns into vertical colored lines. lines then shrink and it finally turns off
Never had this happen before.
Crying or Very sad
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this unfortunately ended up being tube burn caused by deflection failure. I've never seen that in a Sony before.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. Sorry, Larry.

If there's a bright side to this, it's that these projectors are essentially worthless at this point, which is a good thing if you want to stick with CRT and want to buy one. I've seen a local XG listed for several months at $200. I have no doubt for as long as it's been sitting there that I could buy it for $100... Maybe even less if I didn't have a conscience.

Here's a 1272 on Minneapolis Craigslist for $300 with an electric screen. Maybe get him to separate for half.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/ele/5413784106.html

I know a guy in northern Iowa that I sold one of my old Sonys to... He may still have it (and another) and may even be willing to give it to you for cheap or free. Just thinking out loud.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the projector could be worth a ton of money since the problem is very rare! A one of a kind! Nobody has one like it. Maybe the crt museum will pay a good amount for it!! Maybe Sony would buy it back?? Very Happy

I bought it in 1999-- use it as my "TV" so I can't complain. Got Many years of pleasure out of it. Only put 1 board in it since I got it. Got it from a place in Wisconsin that was a popular dealer at the time. I remember the guys name was Eric.

I do have a spare 1272, ordered a blue board for it from Curt, need to see if I can get it up & running. Been in storage for several years. I'm no tech, so setting it up will be a nighmare. A crt tech set up my present one.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Larry, setting up the 1272 series is one of the most strait forward experiences. The control keys are set up logically across the bottom of the controller. You start with the centering and work your way across. There is a little back and forth.

The most important thing is getting the projector in the right place and square to the screen and set all the controls to mid point. That's 128 for most of them.

All in all the Sony 1272, once you get the hang of it, is one of the easiest projectors I have set up.
I've done 1252/1272/1292
Ampro 4000
NEC 6PG
NEC XG

On the 1272 I can go from dropping the projector to a watchable picture in half an hour. You should give it a try. We can help you out.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: