Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Use HDFury to convert 1080i HDMI to analog 1250i/50hz HD-MAC

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusfriend

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Use HDFury to convert 1080i HDMI to analog 1250i/50hz HD-MAC Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello, does anyone remember the European HD-MAC format ? There are early nineties projectors and CRT televisions that come with a golden scart plug that takes the analog 1250i HD-MAC signal in 50Hz.
Basically the scart connector has rgbhv signals. Would it be possible to use the HD Fury to convert a HDMi 50hz (euro) or 60hz (us) 1080i signal in a compatible analog HD-MAC signal ? Would 1080i work, or does it have to be identical 1250i ? Can you configure or alter the HD fury settings to generate the compatible signal ? Maybe someone has the signal specs (pulse width, front porch, back porch) and we can configure HD Fury accordingly, like you could do in Powerstrip on the PC. Your help is greatly appreciated. Regards, Christian
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You posted this question 4 times in various spots in our forum. Please don't do that. The other 3 posts were erased.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you name any television that is known for accepting 1250i HD-MAC signal? RGB on Scart uses sync-on-green. You'd need something more powerful than a HDFury, namely a video processor.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
dusfriend

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To name a few CRT tvs from the early nineties:

* Sony KW-3215HD (European model supporting HD-MAC) similar to the KW-3210HD and KW-3200HD (both supporting
the Japanese Muse HDTV)

* Nordmende Space System

* Telefunken Cinevision 1250

The SCART plug was called "golden scart" and supported 35Khz component signals (R,G,B,H,V).
In French it was called "Péritel d'or". If you google, you can even find the pin-out of this connector.

HD-MAC never break-through, as they pulled the plug, to move on to the digital tv formats like DVB-S and DVB-T.

Regards,
Christian
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are going to need a scaler to do this I'd bet.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: