Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Edge blend 2 x Barco 919 tryout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Yes Panoramix has the buttons to do colour calibration of the zone. So I could place my i1pro on the zone and adjust till I got it right. With a measuring tool it seems possible to me. If there is drifting I have to change components with the other 6 Barco's I have till I find two stable Smile

TV/Projector: GJAKY modded VDC marquee 9500lc ultra

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as I read it you only need plugins if you have special video formats. So maybe you could use software to change the video format into something Torsionblend understands and therby avoid the plugin?

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

koldby wrote:
Well as I read it you only need plugins if you have special video formats. So maybe you could use software to change the video format into something Torsionblend understands and therby avoid the plugin?

I will try the tryout version. I am now into windows 10! I skipped from xp/7 to 10. Windows 10 looks nice except those stupid tiles. Why do I want to know the weather or stock exchange all the time. Very Happy

TV/Projector: GJAKY modded VDC marquee 9500lc ultra

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my 10 after I removed all the useless tiles and replaced them with usefull ones Wink

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I tried but the software crashes on 10 I tried compatibility mode with 7 but still crashed. I even had the 64 bit version.

But I have done some reading on the blending with a pc thread and it seems to me the Nvidea cards had an option to horizontal span across multiple screens. That is basically all I need. Than running a player like vlc or mpc-hc it should be ok.

The nvidea quatro's are to expensive but there is the new NVS line that has cards for dual monitor support at 150 euro.

The nvidea software should offer some usable options to try out. Perhaps my 750ti also has the right software. That would mean to use a real dedicated pc and not a laptop.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For as far as I know Windows 10 supports the display stretching as well. You could easily configure that in display settings but calibration is a little harder I think. After that I recommend using an application like ultramon that makes it easy to scale all applications to full size. Good luck, looking forward to pictures!
tschaeikaei

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
seems to me the Nvidia cards had an option to horizontal span across multiple screens.

That was an option with Windows XP, Vista and 7 didn't support it.
I don't know about Win10, but I don't think so.
Afaik, horizontal span did not need any special hardware (graphics card) support,
it worked with every dual head card in WinXP.
So maybe you have an old pc with winXP and could try it?

Regards, Julian

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a lot to try out and that is the fun.

Good thing about VLC is that it is open source so it should be possible to get my programmers skills into action again Smile

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just found out that these beasts have brand new controllers. I thought only the software was updated but they did not have a machine serial number and they have R76321255-03 as part number. Even the controller from my Cinemax had the number R7632125 that is older. From the documents I already knew they had replaced controllers in 2009! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
So these controllers are brand new from 2009 with something like 650 hours.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name another section in electronics where 2009 is brand new Smile
Alright, did you try spacers between lenses and C-element ring?
People with programming skills are highly welcome Smile mostly at the blend via pc section
in my eyes.
Going to get my second 9500 into life.. 2 weeks and we could work in parallel.
What about fan noises at the 909? Did you think of modding the cooling system?
Do these projectors control the fans or are they just spinning at full speed the whole time?
Regards, Julian

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tschaeikaei wrote:

Do these projectors control the fans or are they just spinning at full speed the whole time?
Regards, Julian

Temp. controlled.
There are a lot passive components that get hot (e.g. SMPS: main transformer, HD: few ceramic resistor). Just lower RPM=> lower m³/h would cook the boards @1080p. Replace with PC-fans is risky if they can't deliver same amount of airflow at given pressure difference. So hushbox would be the best solution.

I'm also planning edge blend with 2 909. During looking for blending software I came across this programm http://www.fly.elise-ng.net/immersivedisplaypro (30 days test full functional).

regards
Marcus
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tschaeikaei wrote:
People with programming skills are highly welcome Smile mostly at the blend via pc section
in my eyes.
Regards, Julian

I found them surprisingly quiet. They certainly do not spin at full speed. Perhaps my CineMax was a little more quiet but I am not sure. There are ways to make them more quiet. I can experiment with the fancontroll board from my Max and I found that putting cork between the fans and the chassis helps too. Together with a hushbox the noise will not be a problem I guess.

I am getting more and more serious about this blend as I feel it might be the way to experiment with 4k or UHD. An upgrade of the video boards will be mandatory. Someone with skills is going to help with that I will tell later. Else Eisseman is an option for mods.

First thing will be a white projection screen. I have painters cloth that is available for cheap gain 1.0 or else simple titan white latex on the walls.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeV wrote:
tschaeikaei wrote:

Regards, Julian

Temp. controlled.
There are a lot passive components that get hot (e.g. SMPS: main transformer, HD: few ceramic resistor). Just lower RPM=> lower m³/h would cook the boards @1080p. Replace with PC-fans is risky if they can't deliver same amount of airflow at given pressure difference. So hushbox would be the best solution.

I'm also planning edge blend with 2 909. During looking for blending software I came across this programm http://www.fly.elise-ng.net/immersivedisplaypro (30 days test full functional).

regards
Marcus

Interesting. It seems my geforce 750ti can support 2d surround with 3 monitors.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/surround/system-requirements

NVidia 2D surround mode

The manual geometric correction and soft-edge blending can be completely automated by using a standard off-the-shelves webcam. A HD webcam is recommended for the best results (Ex: Logitech Webcam PRO 9000, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, etc.)

Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
MeV wrote:
tschaeikaei wrote:

Regards, Julian

Temp. controlled.

regards
Marcus

Interesting. It seems my geforce 750ti can support 2d surround with 3 monitors.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/surround/system-requirements

NVidia 2D surround mode

The manual geometric correction and soft-edge blending can be completely automated by using a standard off-the-shelves webcam. A HD webcam is recommended for the best results (Ex: Logitech Webcam PRO 9000, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, etc.)

Oooooo VERY interesting

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been testing controllers to see which one is the quietest. Seems the new controllers with v3.12 are the best. Even my Cinemax controller with v2.13 was a little more noisy. But the difference is very small not worth taking more time for this.

The fancontroll board in the tray was not that obvious quietter but I know it will work when the Barco gets hotter.

Last edited by redfox001 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:02 am; edited 2 times in total
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also scored a LUG green on ebay. I now have two complete LUG sets.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
tschaeikaei wrote:
in my eyes.
Regards, Julian

I found them surprisingly quiet. They certainly do not spin at full speed. Perhaps my CineMax was a little more quiet but I am not sure. There are ways to make them more quiet. I can experiment with the fancontroll board from my Max and I found that putting cork between the fans and the chassis helps too. Together with a hushbox the noise will not be a problem I guess.

I am getting more and more serious about this blend as I feel it might be the way to experiment with 4k or UHD. An upgrade of the video boards will be mandatory. Someone with skills is going to help with that I will tell later. Else Eisseman is an option for mods.

First thing will be a white projection screen. I have painters cloth that is available for cheap gain 1.0 or else simple titan white latex on the walls.

Youre completely wasting your time if youre not going to put up at least a half decent screen. Especially if you think youre going to go UHD.

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ agreeed For testing purposes a white wall is fine but I can attest that the difference from a matte white wall to a good screen, in my case a Stewart Studio Tech 1.3, was immense! No comparison.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True but one thing at a time. I was looking into the blackdiamond screens because there is one for sale not to expensive. That might solve the other problem that might make this a waste of time and that is the white walls. But than again I would like to watch from the couch on the side. Would that be possible with a blackdiamond?

There is also the possibility that once the blend works I will take it to my darkened HT. At this moment my Marquee 9500 with MP mods hangs there.

I have also done experiments with all the different neckboards that I have (8x3=24) but have not yet found the miracle neckboards one person here has Sad They all perform exactly the same. Good thing is that together with Gjaky we might start a bandwidth project. I will send him the boards he has the measuring equipment to identify objectively bad points. The other modificators we know of often work with a limited eletronics background in my opinion and that causes a lot of nonsense in their mods things they think they see but are not measurable.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed about Blackdiamond screens a few times before i got a response, at which point they told me my Cine 9 was too old to be worth the effort, so i left them with it Wink

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9
Jump to: