Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Debate Tonight

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UncleWill

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Debate Tonight Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Anybody watching the candidate debate tonight??
View user's photo album (21 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the stomach for it, but I might tune in if Trump is there just for the entertainment value.
View user's photo album (2 photos)
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it.

Trump is an ass-hat. I'll admit he was mildly entertaining at first, but his time is up and he needs to go back to screwing banks, building buildings and golf courses, and reality TV. I don't know how anybody can like or support the guy. In fact, I don't personally know anybody who likes or supports him, so it certainly isn't conservatives. I'm wondering if it's some kind of media-driven thing (i.e. self-fulfilling prophecy and simple star power and name recognition) and/or some sort of manufactured astroturf.

Not sure who I really like and/or feel like supporting yet.

I thought Carly Fiorina was particularly impressive.

It would be fun if Ben Carson wins the nomination—not because I necessarily like him or think he'd make a good POTUS, but just because it would be entertaining to dismiss anybody who didn't like him or was critical of his policy positions as simply racist.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
I watched it.
Trump is an ass-hat. I'll admit he was mildly entertaining at first, but his time is up and he needs to go back to screwing banks, building buildings and golf courses, and reality TV.SC
Trump should go back to reality TV? LOL, this "debate" WAS reality TV at it's finest display of mindless infotainment.
from the debate",
" ok, lets get down to the real issues, if you become President, what would you want your secret service name to be?"
Quote:
Chris Christie: True Heart, John Kasich: Unit One, Scott Walker: Harley, Jeb Bush: Ever Ready, Carly Fiorina: Secretariat, Donald Trump: Humble, Ben Carson: One Nation, Ted Cruz: Cohiba , Marco Rubio: Gator, Mike Huckabee: Duck Hunter, Rand Paul: Justice Never Sleeps

Wow, does this sound familiar, here's a hint " if you become miss America, what will you do to make your crown shine all the brighter" LOL Laughing
Anyway, I'm impressed you sat thru and watched all those hours of what is basically trash TV without throwing up. Thumbs Up

I actually don't blame the networks though, they have long ago stopped pretending to be a journalistic enterprise. they are a business and they will be selling what the ignorant American public will consume. At this point, that happens to be garbage.

The Republican National debate: brought to you by Walmart "
View user's photo album (2 photos)
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
I watched it.

Trump is an ass-hat. I'll admit he was mildly entertaining at first, but his time is up and he needs to go back to screwing banks, building buildings and golf courses, and reality TV. I don't know how anybody can like or support the guy. In fact, I don't personally know anybody who likes or supports him, so it certainly isn't conservatives. I'm wondering if it's some kind of media-driven thing (i.e. self-fulfilling prophecy and simple star power and name recognition) and/or some sort of manufactured astroturf.

THANK YOU.

I could not finish the debate, it was just too depressing to see. To compound the stupidity of the debate, Jack Tapper posed most of the questions in a manner that seemed to be designed to get the candidates to bicker rather than give their own answers. It was horrible the way 2/3rds of his questions also involved Trump to some degree. There was very little substance in this debate.

My little sister on the other hand who cares not at all about politics found the debate highly entertaining and she said she "could not turn it off."

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: