Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

So what is the current good theater seat?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Ha!

I'll see if I can find time next week for a visit.

Thanks Eric Smile

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to make an appointment, but I guess that should be easy enough.

I know they are the most expensive in his custom lineup, but I like the Devonshires. The wood really gives it an upscale look.

One thing you should look at is if it is a leather/vinyl match. From the video, it looks like they are. What that means is that everywhere you touch is leather and the rest is vinyl like the sides and back. That would be ok, but they will also make the side panels on the cushions vinyl. Over time that usually becomes a problem area especially if it is cheap vinyl. You can sometimes tell by how thin it is. Hopefully it isn't paper thin.
Clarence

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
One thing you should look at is if it is a leather/vinyl match. From the video, it looks like they are. What that means is that everywhere you touch is leather and the rest is vinyl like the sides and back. That would be ok, but they will also make the side panels on the cushions vinyl. Over time that usually becomes a problem area especially if it is cheap vinyl. You can sometimes tell by how thin it is. Hopefully it isn't paper thin.

From the description:
"•Grade 7000 Black Top Grain Leather Match"

Can you find a recliner anywhere for <$3000 that isn't leather match?
Clarence

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe jaymar is 100% top grain?
$1385+ not too bad, if they're really that nice. Plus, they're Canadian.

http://www.wayfair.com/Jaymar-C470763.html

Established in 1956, Jaymar is one of Canada’s leading manufacturers of upholstered furniture. The 150,000 square foot modern production facility is located thirty minutes from downtown Montreal. Jaymar’s roots are firmly based on the proud European tradition of exquisite styling and savoir-faire.

Jaymar's most recently introduced extensive line of T-Max home theatre seating is reputable as being some of the world's most impeccably designed furniture of supreme quality
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarence wrote:
Spanky Ham wrote:

From the description:
"•Grade 7000 Black Top Grain Leather Match"

Can you find a recliner anywhere for <$3000 that isn't leather match?

Maybe or maybe not. The problem is that manufacturers will use cheap vinyl instead of something of better quality. Hell, the back and the sides really don't matter but the pieces that flex do.
Tedd

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the guy who repairs crt projectors and electronics, isn't up to tackling a motorized seat repair?????????? Wink
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, my seats are Jaymar and ~10 years later I'm still happy with them. I have two rows of 3 and rotate them every couple of years since 80% of the time it's just me sitting front row center. They've done well and I'd buy again if I had to.

Some pictures here: http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31098

Under the bright light of these photos you can see the wear on some of the leather. Especially in this picture:

Funny enough, even with all the lights on the basement you don't see this wear. That picture seems to have too much edge enhancement/contrast boost/HDR. The basement never actually appears anywhere this bright, even with all the lights on.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would jump on the ekornes stressless arion series.

http://www.ekornes.com/us/home-theater/stressless-arion

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: