Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

philips 32pw9551 need to bypass vertical guard protection

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuk neele

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: philips 32pw9551 need to bypass vertical guard protection Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
hi guys,

i got a crt tv which is a pretty neat one, but i made a mistake in the SAM (service alignment menu) i accidentally upped the vertical amplitude too much because the button on the remote stuck.
the set jumped into vertical guard mode.

the problem is, i need to set the Vamp back to normal and it should be fine. but i need to do that from the SAM menu, which i can no longer access.
i can bypass the software protection that triggers the vertical guard by shorting the SDM pad on the video board which will force me access to SDM and the set stays on.
however, when i switch to SAM menu, the vertical guard kicks in within 3 to 5 seconds shutting the system down.

i know that the vertical guard comes from the video board and goes into the plate where the flyback and the PSU are, the vertical guard triggers the standby processor to shut the system down.
so if i can circumvent that i can get the set back to normal.

anyone that can give me a hint? i got full schematics.

schematics and service manual: http://www.student.tue.nl/O/a.c.t.arends/PHILIPS_32PW9551.pdf
winny

TV/Projector: BD808s, BG1209/2

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USB -> I2C for serivice? RS232?
EDIT: IAP tool. Page 14 in the service manual.

Any way to blank the setting back to factory, like jumper?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: