Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Rear-Projection Mancave/Theatre/Work Terminal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chbue070780

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Spanky Ham wrote:
I thought it might be an Accuspray, but the compressor noise in the background threw me. Most Accuspray users that I have come across use a turbine. I actually have a turbine system, but the turbine motor is not powerful enough to do what I want with my Accuspray 10 gun.. My advice is if you are going to loan people equipment then you should look into a turbine system. That way a customer doesn't have to worry about a compressor.

I agree. Good point. The compressor issue bothered me but in the situation above it wasn't an issue. As a business model though it would be.
chbue070780

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Doc I think you need one more post to be able to read Private messages.

You Know this Site also sells Home theater related products. Kal is the administrator.

He might be able to set up a For sale button on the products page. It is a 10% cost of each sale goes tot he site.

Might increase your customer base.

Athanasios

Kal doesn't feel there is a market for the coating on the consumer side, just received an email from him.

"Thanks for offer Charles but I don’t see this fitting in well with our (mostly) home/enthusiast users. I would suggest approaching those in retail signage/commercial AV. Good luck!

Kal"

No worries though. Maybe your experience with the product will shed light on the feasibility of the home theater market. My assistant prepared your material today and she will be sending it out tomorrow. Let us know what you think.
Phil Smith

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chbue070780 wrote:
There would be absolutely no hot-spotting regardless of the source.

I'm sorry, but that's hot spotting like crazy. Massively hot spotting. The reason for the screen shots so far off center, so far off that you can see the projector behind it, is because you'd see a flashlight-like bright spot on the screen otherwise, just like you see in the video where the screen is being sprayed.

Again I apologize, but that product is totally unusable in it's present form. And it doesn't really fill a need. There are relatively inexpensive vinyl screens that perform surprisingly well.

I opted for this: http://www.gerriets.us/en/products/screens/OPTITRANS-rear-projection-screen-with-excellent-picture-quality

If I had brighter projector than my G70 I might have gone with this: http://www.gerriets.us/en/products/screens/OPTILUX-grey-screen-for-video-projection

But none that really matters in my opinion. People initially get exited about the idea of rear projection, but very few follow through. It takes more space for RP, space that most people are not willing to sacrifice.
chbue070780

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kk

Last edited by chbue070780 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I saw on that video link, the projector lens is below both screens. Can you post one where the projector is up about 2', well into the screen frame?

It looks intriguing though.
chbue070780

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Will do Reply with quote

I can do that, not a problem. Is it okay if I just use raw video without the music, lol?

Curt Palme wrote:
From what I saw on that video link, the projector lens is below both screens. Can you post one where the projector is up about 2', well into the screen frame?

It looks intriguing though.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, and please don't spam everyone to death here on every RP post. I appreciate that you want interest in your product, but let's check things out first and then you can talk to Kal about putting it on the site.
chbue070780

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? You asked me a question, I just answered you. If I'm spamming then I apologize. I'll restrain myself in the future.

Curt Palme wrote:
Sure, and please don't spam everyone to death here on every RP post. I appreciate that you want interest in your product, but let's check things out first and then you can talk to Kal about putting it on the site.
Phil Smith

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Curt 's problem is that you posted about this in more than one forum without being one of the venders that pays for advertizing on the forum.

This is a video about Stewart AeroVeiw 70. Top of the line, expensive stuff. How does your product compare to it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LnXffqEhmo
chbue070780

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually had several discussions with the people over at Stewart Screens regarding licensing my coating. The owners daughter has seen the material here in Houston and she liked it. I'm actually glad you mentioned them, you jogged my memory, I need to send samples to their California office.

Phil Smith wrote:
I think Curt 's problem is that you posted about this in more than one forum without being one of the venders that pays for advertizing on the forum.

This is a video about Stewart AeroVeiw 70. Top of the line, expensive stuff. How does your product compare to it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LnXffqEhmo
chbue070780

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:50 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I am going to advertise on the site, I'm going to get the main page banner.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

chbue070780 wrote:

Even if/when that does happen, it's considered poor taste to advertise your product in other people's threads. I've removed a bunch of your posts now that basically say the same thing as well as two other threads you started in other sub-forums where you were advertising your product.

Please keep your posts about your product to this thread only. There is no need to start new threads in the other forums.

Thanks,

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
chbue070780

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Wow, I never offered to sell anyone anything. But since you did that I'm less inclined to advertise here because the moderators seem a bit hostile. Take care.

kal wrote:
chbue070780 wrote:

Even if/when that does happen, it's considered poor taste to advertise your product in other people's threads. I've removed a bunch of your posts now that basically say the same thing as well as two other threads you started where you were advertising your product.

Kal
chbue070780

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Does this guy sell screens or something? Seems like I'm stepping on toes.

chbue070780 wrote:
Wow, I never offered to sell anyone anything. But since you did that I'm less inclined to advertise here because the moderators seem a bit hostile. Take care.

kal wrote:
chbue070780 wrote:

Even if/when that does happen, it's considered poor taste to advertise your product in other people's threads. I've removed a bunch of your posts now that basically say the same thing as well as two other threads you started where you were advertising your product.

Kal
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

chbue070780 wrote:
Wow, I never offered to sell anyone anything.

You posted complete details of your products with contact information including phone numbers and links to your website. You also asked if people would like to see your product sold on CurtPalme.com. If that's not considered "selling" then I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
But since you did that I'm less inclined to advertise here because the moderators seem a bit hostile. Take care.

Most other forums would outright ban someone for posting details of their products like this. They would not have explained why.

Kal

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Kal said.
chbue070780

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Sorry about the contact info, on that part I do admit fault. I was very conscious of not linking out anywhere. It was just as a market analysis to check viability.

kal wrote:
chbue070780 wrote:
Wow, I never offered to sell anyone anything.

You posted complete details of your products with contact information including phone numbers and links to your website. You also asked if people would like to see your product sold on CurtPalme.com. If that's not considered "selling" then I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
But since you did that I'm less inclined to advertise here because the moderators seem a bit hostile. Take care.

Most other forums would outright ban someone for posting details of their products like this. They would not have explained why.

Kal
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

chbue070780 wrote:

CurtPalme.com is a home theater website that does sell many products. Curt does sell screens from time to time but probably not many.

That is however irrelevant: You can't go into a store and advertise your products regardless of whether they compete with the store's products. Just like you can't print up posters of your products and expect to be able to hang them up at Walmart or Home Depot, you can't come to our website and do the same. I would think that much would be obvious to anyone.

We've been nice enough to allow your "Rear-Projection Mancave/Theatre/Work Terminal" thread to remain even though it's free advertising.

Kal

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I personally no longer do local HT installs, I think the product is interesting. What I'd like to see though is a sample of the material to be sent to someone here that can try it with a CRT projector to check for hotspotting and other issues that are unique to a CRT projector image.

I'll leave it up to Kal to work out any advertising details on the main site here, but without checking to see if it's suitable for CRT projectors and further discussions with Kal, this isn't going too far on this site.
chbue070780

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

As I said, apologies.

kal wrote:
chbue070780 wrote:

CurtPalme.com is a home theater website that does sell many products. Curt does sell screens from time to time but probably not many.

That is however irrelevant: You can't go into a store and advertise your products regardless of whether they compete with the store's products. Just like you can't print up posters of your products and expect to be able to hang them up at Walmart or Home Depot, you can't come to our website and do the same. I would think that much would be obvious to anyone.

We've been nice enough to allow your "Rear-Projection Mancave/Theatre/Work Terminal" thread to remain even though it's free advertising.

Kal
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: