Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Assigning a new source to a Barco blockdatabase

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean-Claude

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Assigning a new source to a Barco blockdatabase Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I own a Barco M708 Multi Media Iris3. It is now linked to my AVR X 4000 Denon with a HDFury 3 and works very well with my DVD Bluray player (source 6), my VDP (source 5) and I would like to find a way to create a new source for my Apple Mac mini on which I stream videos and concerts. All these are plugged in the AVR with HDMI except for the VDP.

I can of course use the same source 6 for it, but in this case I have to redo all the setup on the CRT each time I switch from the Mac to the DVD Blurry and vice versa, hence it's a non starter. What I need to do is to allocate a "source" in the memory databank where I can assign my Mac, but I can't find one slot that would allow me to do it. If I press 1 and 2, I get "no source", 3 and 4 are for RGB, 5 and 6 are allocated to the VDP and the DVD, 7 and 8 are not available "wrong command", 9 asks for another digit and won't work in the end, if I type 95, it jumps to 5...

Could someone using the same equipment guide me through this please, as I failed to find any proper guidance in the Barco manuals. This would be highly appreciated.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into the menu and select image options. Then see what is in there, select a different one and set it up.

After you do that, press enter on the remote to switch through them when your source comes up on screen.

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
Jean-Claude

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedback, unfortunately we must have a different equipment or software, I checked on mine and the only choice I have with RANDOM SETUP => IMAGE CORRECTION => then comes a list of choices where there is no such option to change a source.

On the Barco manual chapter 3-2 there is a table showing six selectable sources: 1 video comp, 2 S-Video, 3 and 4 RVBS, 5 and 6 R-Y, Y, B-Y which I am both using (5 for my VDP and 6 for my DVD). Hence my problem is to be able to "create" another source by replacing one of the first 4 by using the same R-Y, Y, B-Y. I tried using the MEMORY MANAGEMENT TOOL copying the block of source 6 (or 5) to source 4 (or 3), but I can't have access to that source (message No source available).

I tried another completely different way linking the Barco to the AVR Denon with an additional Monitor Video cable by-passing the HDFury 3 in the hope to link the VDP (that is not HDMI) to the Barco separately and thus use Source 1 (Video comp) freeing up Source 5 for my Mac. But that too failed, the AVR Denon would not allow that if the HDMI Monitor cable is in place.

I have read a number of times the last chapter of the Barco manual referring to the "SETUP BLOCS AND NUMBER OF SOURCES 90-99" (Memory blocs) but that is impossible to comprehend (even though this is written in my language...), I am sure the key to my problem is there, but I have yet to figure how to move forward! And since Barco does not answer any of my messages (the product is too old for them to support), I am really left with no option.

Thank you for any help.

Jean-Claude

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For every New connected source the Barco picks a new memory block and saves it.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jean-Claude,
Creating a memory block requires the projector to detect a source ( connected and active ). Then a new block is automatically created just for that specific frequency. The beautfull thing is, you don't have to start from scratch with all settings when creating a new block. The projector will "guess" the geometry, convergence, brightness, contrast etc. by copying the settings from a existent block with the matching ( or close-by ) frequency. That is called Linear Digital Interpolation. Ofcourse, you'll have to add a final touch, but no allignments from scratch.
In fact, each physical input has a virtual input as well allowing yet more source and geometry variations per input.
Another clever Barco thing, that not much owners are aware of, is that pressing 9 on the remote before the source number, will allow you to create yet another block while on the same physical input. So, for example, pressing 5 on the remote will load what ever memory block you have on that input, but pressing 95 will allow you to create a new block while on same input.
Remember, a new block is saved in memory only after you change something. Brightness, contrast, blanking, whatever by just one click on the remote.
Jean-Claude

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Hulio,

Many thanks for your help. It did help and my problem is solved.

I had some difficulty with the remote control that did not react well to 96 (6 being the bloc where the DVD is), but after a few attempts, it works and my setup was kept as saved. Initially I only had to resize the format and sharpen the geometry in general but no need for convergence.

Superb job many thanks again, yes indeed few owners know what their Barco has to offer, I was one of those who did not know much about the "inside" because in 15 years, it worked flawlessly, until I bought the HDFury 3 three weeks ago, now there is little I dont know about the setup procedure, except for that one item that kept evading my understanding.

Best regards and reiterated thanks to all who helped in this matter.
Hulio

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done and you are welcome. Enjoy your projector.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean-Claude wrote:
Thank you for your feedback, unfortunately we must have a different equipment or software, I checked on mine and the only choice I have with RANDOM SETUP => IMAGE CORRECTION => then comes a list of choices where there is no such option to change a source.

On the Barco manual chapter 3-2 there is a table showing six selectable sources: 1 video comp, 2 S-Video, 3 and 4 RVBS, 5 and 6 R-Y, Y, B-Y which I am both using (5 for my VDP and 6 for my DVD). Hence my problem is to be able to "create" another source by replacing one of the first 4 by using the same R-Y, Y, B-Y. I tried using the MEMORY MANAGEMENT TOOL copying the block of source 6 (or 5) to source 4 (or 3), but I can't have access to that source (message No source available).

I tried another completely different way linking the Barco to the AVR Denon with an additional Monitor Video cable by-passing the HDFury 3 in the hope to link the VDP (that is not HDMI) to the Barco separately and thus use Source 1 (Video comp) freeing up Source 5 for my Mac. But that too failed, the AVR Denon would not allow that if the HDMI Monitor cable is in place.

I have read a number of times the last chapter of the Barco manual referring to the "SETUP BLOCS AND NUMBER OF SOURCES 90-99" (Memory blocs) but that is impossible to comprehend (even though this is written in my language...), I am sure the key to my problem is there, but I have yet to figure how to move forward! And since Barco does not answer any of my messages (the product is too old for them to support), I am really left with no option.

Thank you for any help.

Jean-Claude

Yep that is totally different to mine, sorry mate i thought they were all quite simular as far as memory block function.

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: