Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Anyone try a PCIe 1x video card?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Anyone try a PCIe 1x video card? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Anyone tried any of these? Good/Bad/Ugly?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
mc86

TV/Projector: ECP 4500 (Vidikron box), ECP4500+, wanting 07MS/07MTS, evaluating pc soft-blend

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J - I'm guessing you know this, but JIC, heads-up: Depending on what you need to do, you might need to read-up on the version of the PCIe cards/slots, too. That is, I vaguely recall needing/wanting to be PCIe ver 2 and that all the PCIe x1 cards were ver 1. That lead me to buying a PCIe x16 v2 card...only after I bought it I learned my MB's chipset didn't support v2.0 for x16 and I was hacked off.

I can't recall the timing, but this may have been what finally got me to spend the money on the Oppo BRP...

Matt
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mc86 wrote:
J - I'm guessing you know this, but JIC, heads-up: Depending on what you need to do, you might need to read-up on the version of the PCIe cards/slots, too. That is, I vaguely recall needing/wanting to be PCIe ver 2 and that all the PCIe x1 cards were ver 1. That lead me to buying a PCIe x16 v2 card...only after I bought it I learned my MB's chipset didn't support v2.0 for x16 and I was hacked off.

I can't recall the timing, but this may have been what finally got me to spend the money on the Oppo BRP...

Matt

Yep I realize that. I just happen to know of a PC with a spare PCIe 1x slot, and I was thinking a 1x video card to add HDMI out. The PCIe 16x slot is only v1.1 compatible so basitcally an old 256 or 512mb card but it's hard to find with HDMI out

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Tedd

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a FX3800? They seem to be plentiful lately, on the local used market.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: