Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

The official Curtpalme.com CRT screenshot thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 126, 127, 128  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!

Last edited by redfox001 on Sun May 03, 2015 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more after taking a break to deal with some personal matters and get back to finishing up a few other areas of concern.

I'm still going to do the mini blog site, but will need more time to get around to it. It will have the latest version of the mods only. Things that would need to be done to further improve on them, and that you can do yourself if you have that version. I'll also cover the other related boards like the CLM, HVPS and LVPS to name a few. This will all be DIY, and very necessary to get the absolute best performance.

The +/- 14 volt rail on the VIM has to be corrected to eliminate the abundance of noise it puts on the video chain, as well as a few other things VIM related.

Sent out a few latest Moome card mods, and just waited to hear if there were any real noticeable results. The best comments so far, was that the latest Moome upgrades performed better than the generator. That was definitely good to hear, because the generator was the cleanest source before these changes, that now makes for a perfect combination.

Gonna need a new camera. I'm getting a lot of blooming now after taking my shots.

gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:

Gonna need a new camera. I'm getting a lot of blooming now after taking my shots.

Is the lens of the camera clean?

View user's photo album (1 photos)
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
mp20748 wrote:

It wasn't the lens or camera. I did manage to find out what it was, so let me know what you think?

I've corrected the problem of course, and it should be seen in these posted shots below.

Also, my mini blog will be up by the end of the weekend. Much to cover on this. I'll also post on the G90 and Barco 909. Keep your eyes open...

jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When comparing the submarine shot I see better contrast; the bright sections bloomed a bit before but now it looks much better. Much easier to make out subtle details which look like they were overexposed before.

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbmeyer13 wrote:
When comparing the submarine shot I see better contrast; the bright sections bloomed a bit before but now it looks much better. Much easier to make out subtle details which look like they were overexposed before.

Yes. And that's one of the things I'll be discussion this weekend..Very Happy

Now I need to try the same thing on an 03 VIM, and since I have one here going out next week I'll get on it tomorrow. Stay tuned.
pj-toso

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, thoose last screenshot looks very good.

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pj-toso wrote:
Mike, thoose last screenshot looks very good.

I wish you could see the setup in person. I'm still floored.

A few more from U571 showing the later part of the movie when the main lights were out in the sub:

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few quickies of an 03 this time, before it goes out.

Totally un-calibrated. Only green G2 slightly decreased from 02 settings.

Blooming/peaking/clipping completely solved on this 03, and it has two more things I have to do before calling it finished.

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
A few quickies of an 03 this time, before it goes out.

Totally un-calibrated. Only green G2 slightly decreased from 02 settings.

Blooming/peaking/clipping completely solved on this 03, and it has two more things I have to do before calling it finished. Solving the clipping/blooming issue lowed the gain drive.

the big E

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great I sure would like to see this in person

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First try on my now working Barco G808 with Greg Eisemann modified Input Board(s) (which i bought of ebay for cheap) -> Lumagen Vision HDP -> Toshiba EP 35 HD-DVD Player. At the moment 720p/120hz will settle for something else this weekend but was a quick convergence job.

Picture is much sharper in person, need to figure out my EVIL Lumix better.

But offcourse nowhere near mpīs modified boards on the marquee...

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new mini board in the works. And for the next 30 days I'll be working on the production and implementation of it and quite a few other things. So the Mod Factory will be close for awhile.

Contrast 90 - zero blooming. Still razor sharp. Zero white clipping. Exceptional dynamic range, depth and an amazing fade to black.

gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
gjaky wrote:
mp20748 wrote:

It wasn't the lens or camera. I did manage to find out what it was, so let me know what you think?

I've corrected the problem of course, and it should be seen in these posted shots below.

Also, my mini blog will be up by the end of the weekend. Much to cover on this. I'll also post on the G90 and Barco 909. Keep your eyes open...

Mike what happened to your mini blog?
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregstv wrote:

Mike what happened to your mini blog?

I've worked more on the boards with intent on getting it all finished and that happened. So the blog had to wait, because I had a few problem areas I had to solve first, to include the new mini board I mentioned earlier today in this thread.

That's why I'm shutting down for about a month to really focus on tightening things up first, then getting back to the Blog.

Plus, I'm really loving my Marquee right about now as you can see..Very Happy
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike,
I look forward to reading it.
Greg.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens after a more precise filtering and tuning on a test neck board.

An almost perfect (no peaking, smearing, streaking, banding) SMPTE - 1080P

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have totally rebuilt my computer, and now run a fully modded projector! Finally it works.

With a new motherboard, a beefy cpu cooler, an ssd hard drive, a GTX960 graphics card and new moome v3, I got it to work. The later really made a huge difference in how blacks are shown, with small letters being really black now and not discoloured without that awful dual color that was shown before with the moome v1.

The new graphics card might have something to do with it too, but haven't made any a/b comparisons because it was a bitch to install next to the cpu cooler and all the wires.

The 1:1 looks a lot better and more uniformly grey now. But that's all I know about it.

Thank you Mike!
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
I have totally rebuilt my computer, and now run a fully modded projector! Finally it works.

With a new motherboard, a beefy cpu cooler, an ssd hard drive, a GTX960 graphics card and new moome v3, I got it to work. The later really made a huge difference in how blacks are shown, with small letters being really black now and not discoloured without that awful dual color that was shown before with the moome v1.

The new graphics card might have something to do with it too, but haven't made any a/b comparisons because it was a bitch to install next to the cpu cooler and all the wires.

The 1:1 looks a lot better and more uniformly grey now. But that's all I know about it.

Thank you Mike!

That's good to hear..Very Happy I'm glad you got that two color problem solved.

That Smpte is well matched (neck boards matching), but it's showing roll-off. That is most likely in your source, something that may be HTPC related. But we'll get to the bottom of it. It's just that I'll not be able to help with the HTPC tuning.

Looking good otherwise. The text is clear clean and sharp. That's a really good sign..
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 81 of 128
Jump to: