Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Documentary about USA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Documentary about USA? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Can you guys suggest any good documentary about USA? I'm interested in both natural and city sights, I am thinking about some meaningful stuff like one state per episode or something like that.

View user's photo album (1 photos)
xmob135lc

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to cover the nature part somewhat:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ThisAmericanLand/videos
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Good for starting.
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know. With all of the crap out there you would think someone would have done an in depth travelogue of all of the states. Some states like Iowa would be easy, as it is just steers and queers. While Georgia presents a rich tapestry to explore. Very Happy
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
Some states like Iowa would be easy, as it is just steers and queers. While Georgia presents a rich tapestry to explore. Very Happy

If Georgia is a "rich tapestry", what's Miami? A rich tapestry with vomit on it covering a homeless guy? Smile

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Kal, the forum rules state no insulting talk about the members. There are plenty of Urban Outdoorsmen in Miami using old CRT chassis as shelter. Shocked Twisted Evil Laughing
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you guys are very proud of your country, eh? Smile
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got these... They're well done. Not big-budget IMAX-quality, but still very good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003H6Z0MW/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003H6Z0MW&linkCode=as2&tag=curtpalmecrtp-20&linkId=GZS3CLMPHU54TO6S

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along the lines of what SC said above, I have this BBC documentary of Yellowstone and (like much of BBC's documentaries) it's extremely well done:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002EWD0D6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002EWD0D6&linkCode=as2&tag=curtpalmecrtp-20&linkId=PYTCCRUQRYKPG3AQ

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered this series on The History Channel. I have no idea how good it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_States_%28TV_series%29
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the History channel, I've also watched this documentary back in 2013 and it's generally pretty good:

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A2XTJI4/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00A2XTJI4&linkCode=as2&tag=curtpalmecrtp-20&linkId=IMINZKM32U4VOZDV

My only complaint would be what they tend to do with all TV nowadays: Coming out of spot where there would have been a commercial break, they recap what they were just saying which (on a disc without commercials) tends to get annoying. Actually, even if there was 2 mins of commercials I find it annoying. I haven't forgotten what you were just talking about 2 mins ago... Wink (They don't do this because they think you'll forget, it's a way to cut down how much content they need to produce).

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
hansilili

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your recommendations.

You guys that have been backpack travelling the world in their twenties probably know the "Lonely Planet" travel guides. I would also be interested in something like this or a "Hitchhikers Guide throught the US american Galaxy" on film. On TV I only see stuff like Adam Richman - Man vs Food, aspects that surely should be included in a documentary but there is probably more to experience in visiting the Greatest Nation.

Cheers
hansilili

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: