Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

BARCO 701s - No display

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dblack

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: BARCO 701s - No display Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi,

My 701s has been working fine for years.. tonight though, I decided to move it forward a few inches. Once moved, I powered it up to check left/right alignment before bolting tight. So far so good.. had a solid blue screen to align with. After tightening down, I ran upstairs for a screwdriver (no more than 3 min), came back and no screen display. Thinking it went to sleep I turned on the dvd, powered off/on the projector and still nothing. Also no on screen help/adjustments menu is displayed either when using the control buttons on the projector. Sad

The fans come on.. just no CRTs light up. Also noted.. all of the green LED's on the front are on followed by I believe the 'hold down EHT" and "COINC" lights lit up.

Any advise or info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks / Doug

2010-10-07 22.09.08.jpg
 Description:
the leds on my 701s
 Filesize:  288 KB
 Viewed:  3624 Time(s)

2010-10-07 22.09.08.jpg

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main site is your friend:

http://www.curtpalme.com/Barco701_Layout3.shtm

THe set has gone into HV shutdown mode. That means most likely your HV quadrupler is bad, and right now they are impossible to find. The quadrupler is specific to the 70X series, no other one will fit. It could also be the SMPS chassis that the HV quadrupler is bolted to, or the HV splitter.

Without swapping parts or testing the SMPS tray, there's no way of telling which part is bad. If you want to send me the SMPS and HV quadrupler, I can test them here for you.
dblack

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great.. parts impossible to find!

With swapping / testing.. what sort of expense am I to expect? Just debating whether this is worth it.

Thanks / Doug
dblack

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the barco layout of the boards, which parts should I pull and ship for analysis? What is the cost I should expect?

Thanks Doug
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull out the HV quadrupler and the HV splitter and send them to me for testing. One or the other is most likely bad, and it's a flat rate of $275 to replace the bad one, send the other good part, and that includes shipping from me to you.

Let me know, or email me at curtpalme at shaw.ca

thanks!
dblack

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.. about to pull the splitter and I see one wire not attached. A thin white wire. Could that be a problem?
[/img]
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, that's the HV regulation wire, and nasty things can happen to the set if that's not connected (like snapping tube necks, or shorting them out).

that wire plugs into the power supply board, back from the HV quadrupler. Don't try and turn the set on without that 2 pin wire connected to the board. See if it fires up then.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dblack wrote:

Any advise or info is greatly appreciated.

Pull it down and put up an NEC... Never look back Laughing

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: