Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

I will never be an audiophile.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Smith

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
kal wrote:
mr_ro_co wrote:
Some audio aficionados, semi-big spender types here seem very offended by this characterization, to include a non-moderating moderator who definitely sees fit to moderate in this instance but pledges zero consistency to enforcing the forum’s meaningless standards that afford all manner of crap here because there are no resources on a volunteer forum to moderate. Except when an off topic post offends your hobbyist sensibilities (all the other heinous crap is just fine), which becomes eligible for moderating simply by sidewaysing it from off-topic to elsewhere.

Goodness gracious!

Enough Steve. Please read the rules. You've been already warned multiple times now to stop with your personal attacks, insults, and relentless condescending tone. You've now been warned for a last time. Once more and you're out. We get too many complaints about you as it is.

Kal

Kal, I think you're throwing your weight around a bit here. I and others have endured much worse in the off-topic forum without complaining about it. Maybe you should let someone a little thicker skinned like crab handle this stuff.
mr_ro_co

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
mr_ro_co wrote:
Some audio aficionados, semi-big spender types here seem very offended by this characterization, to include a non-moderating moderator who definitely sees fit to moderate in this instance but pledges zero consistency to enforcing the forum’s meaningless standards that afford all manner of crap here because there are no resources on a volunteer forum to moderate. Except when an off topic post offends your hobbyist sensibilities (all the other heinous crap is just fine), which becomes eligible for moderating simply by sidewaysing it from off-topic to elsewhere.

Goodness gracious!

Enough Steve. Please read the rules. You've been already warned multiple times now to stop with your personal attacks, insults, and relentless condescending tone. You've now been warned for a last time. Once more and you're out. We get too many complaints about you as it is.

Kal

Dear Kal,

You inconsistently and reactively demand adherence to rules that require polite treatment of disingenuous, small minded time wasters who have inundated this site with garbage. Rules that accommodate the posting of huge volumes of incredibly offensive material that go completely unmoderated. But by God you draw the line when someone like Jeff criticizes rich audiophiles, at which point you deem his post to not be off topic, but deserving of being placed in a moderated forum where you can then lay down the law, on the heretofore unheard of basis of criticizing a particularly esoteric group of people: Rich audiophiles with intolerant attitudes and more money than sense. Right? Am I missing something here?

You don’t like me calling you out on this, so now you are threatening banning me. Do you think I’ve treated you unfairly? Did you or did you not step in and relocate Jeff’s thread because his unflattering descriptions of rich audiophiles, which ruffled your own audiophile sensibility feathers? It’s also rather disappointing that you demand no criticizing of rich audiophile simply because you yourself have spent what you consider to be a lot of money on audio gear when I’m pretty sure you don’t actually fit any of Jeff’s descriptions. There is, sadly, a rather predictable personality associated with anyone who can and does spend $50K on a turntable. Just my personal experience, of course. Wink

Here’s an observation: Maybe it’s precisely because of the accommodation of very low quality individuals here, particularly well afforded in the oft disowned off-topic forum that has fostered the climate of attitude and disregard for any rules. The very existence of the off-topic forum and its totally unmoderated nature have set a very low bar here. This has been discussed many times, with the obvious solution being to simply eliminate it. Recent posts by you and Curt are worried about folks leaving the forum. Solution: Eliminate the off-topic forum and moderate the others. Your original idea that you could run an unmoderated forum on the basis that you’d not only direct but even welcome heated discussions on topics not related to the hobby as a response to the overmoderated AVS forum was a nice theory, but it just didn’t work out the way you thought it would. All it did was invite and coddle some total jackwagons.

Do you think you are being fair and balanced as a moderator when you inconsistently, selectively and purely reactively intervene and reprimand and remind that we must all follow the forum rules? How about all the times you’ve just ignored substantive, earnest inquiries I’ve addressed to you here? And the resident bigoted disingenuous crap stirrer, of course, he’s perfectly welcome here. But I must now walk on eggshells around you. Correct?

Best regards,

Steve

Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most of what Rocco said.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_ro_co wrote:
You inconsistently and reactively demand adherence to rules that require polite treatment of disingenuous, small minded time wasters who have inundated this site with garbage.

Mr_ro_co has now been banned after repeated warnings to follow the rules and not insult others on the forum.

Mr_ro_co may not like what some other forum members do (or what moderators don't do - we've most certainly been inconsistent for the reasons stated previously in this thread), but it's not up to him to police others, let alone call them names. We asked him to stop multiple times, he did not. He is now banned after multiple warnings over many months.

As the rules state: "Each member is responsible for only his or her own posts. If another member breaks rules, you may ignore them, but you may not use it as an excuse to break rules yourself."

We're trying to make this a cleaner place. Part of that may be issuing more warnings to let people know they're out of line, referring them to the rules. If others continuously break rules and (more importantly) continuously tell us that they will ignore warnings to stop breaking rules, they will be banned too. It's really as simple as that. Nobody's going to be banned for simply breaking the rules from time to time. We're all human, we all make mistakes. People are more likely to get banned if they argue back, consistently, with no intent of changing their habits.

We've banned more people (3) in the last week than in the last 9 years since this forum started. I really hope there will not be any more. I don't want to see it myself. The mods just want people to try and follow (or start following) the rules in the first place.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal did not move this to the audio thread because of what Jeff said. I just said this is an audio topic and should be moved.

Just want to set the record straight.

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
El Duderino

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
I just said this is an audio topic and should be moved.

Are VDC's days numbered?
Hobbit - Theatrical version or wait for Extended version?
What dvd do wish was on BD ?
Digital Audio.... Whats a good solution?
Ripping Blu-rays
Is there any way to get a better image from sat.
Anuyone Have Fios TV?
Ultimate Marvel Marathon Who's up for it??
HBO go godes?

These are all on the first page of the OT forum. Confused
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Duderino wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:
I just said this is an audio topic and should be moved.

Are VDC's days numbered?
Hobbit - Theatrical version or wait for Extended version?
What dvd do wish was on BD ?
Digital Audio.... Whats a good solution?
Ripping Blu-rays
Is there any way to get a better image from sat.
Anuyone Have Fios TV?
Ultimate Marvel Marathon Who's up for it??
HBO go godes?

These are all on the first page of the OT forum. Confused

Yeah some people do not realize there are other forums here besides Off topic and CRT .

Maybe Hog can move them as his first order of business.

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: