Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco 808s Vertical Height Adjustment - need more adjustment

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barco_75

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Barco 808s Vertical Height Adjustment - need more adjustment Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi, I am trying to reduce the height of my image at 1080i 60 hz and 1080p 60 hz. I have the Vertical height setting at the lowest value 0, and it is not enough. My Horizontal width is set at 68. I'm thinking I need to adjust the master width pot (following link below) on the SMPS so at 1080p, my horizontal width is 95 and ignore the 48V reading. Will this work? Do I need to need to readjust the 17.2V reading on the J8 test point on the SMPS after adjusting? Does adjusting the master horizontal width affect the 17.2 reading? I never quite understood this. Below is the resource that I have followed before but never quite understood 100%

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33016&highlight=48v+smps+barco

Also, I recently bought a DVDO VP50 pro and I was going to use the processor to shift the image (due to the HDFury 1 shifting the image) instead of using the projector raster shift. Is this preferred? I think this will give me more adjustment with the convergence, correct?
barco_75

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tried that adjustment on the master width pot. That didn't help. One item to note is that I switched MEC tubes to Sony tubes to change my 808 to an 808s, which explains why this is an issue. Guessing there is another pot I need to adjust for the master vertical height.

Update: I just found this:

From the Barco FAQ at http://www.crtprojectors.co.uk/

"Projectors fitted with the optional convergence on green module may not be able to lower vertical amplitude far enough to reach anamorphic (problem normally occurs on 808s models). Remove the convergence sub board to solve the problem, if you must keep the convergence on green module set the 2 green zones above and below the central one to lower vertical height as far as possible, this may get you to true anamorphic height but is not the ideal way to have the projector set-up."

I have a convergence on green card. I only have one projector. Is there another way to adjust the vertical height or do I need to remove the convergence on green card?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I can mod the vertical board for $125 incl return shipping to bring your height down to what you need it to be.
barco_75

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Curt. I'm in the process of pulling the COG to see if that helps. I also notice this morning the disk I used wasn't 16x9, but was 1.85:1 so I might be ok depending in how the processor and blueray displays the image. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid me! In regards to shifting the image in the scaler or projector, is it recommended to use the scaler instead of the raster shift? Does this give more adjustment with convergence?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: