Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Bad new tube. Anyone ever seen this.?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
As I said, I am now ignoring you.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
As I said, I am now ignoring you.

I noticed that, just think it would be fair that you tell me why you wont solve this with me..

I did tell you about it when i went to see it on the post office the first time. Why did you not tell me that someone must have changed that tube in shipping then, instead of this much later.?

Sent: December-30-14 5:23 AM
To: Curt Palme
Subject: RE: Tubes.

Heppy new year.

I just went to the post office to pick up the red tube today, after a lot of mess with the customs service.

The box had taken a hard corner landing who had softened both the outer and inner box, and bend the neckboard cover totaly.

I inspected the tube face, and noticed a few black marks, was not able to see if it was on the inside or outside of the tube face, so i left the box at the post office for them to handle insurance claim and return shipping.

I noticed that the inner box looked like it has been wet at some time, and that some of the black screws were rusty, im not sure if they will comment on that when they have to evaluate if the packing is sufficiant.

After newyear we have to find a alternative shipping method to get the last tubes over here, the USPS/ Danish postal service simply wont work.

All the problems started this summer, all the tubes i had before that never had any issues, so something has changed.

Best regards.

P5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  190.25 KB
 Viewed:  1994 Time(s)

P5.jpg

P6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  214.13 KB
 Viewed:  1998 Time(s)

P6.jpg

P3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  229.95 KB
 Viewed:  1998 Time(s)

P3.jpg

hal

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurt, why keep on posting this crap.

We see that you have the resources to fly to the US. Just fly into Seattle or Vancouver and visit Curt. Bring some more cash and work it out.

I vote that it's time to lock this thread. I hate seeing it brought up to the top of the Forum..

Close or Lock this thread..
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ship bare tube only no LC tank.
Melifluonze

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a side note... and in no way negative...

The tubes I purchased from Curt (2 sets plus now...) were in boxes that showed significant water damage and were obviously stored/re-used, or whatever. I'm not sure the box matters as much as what's inside. I bet where they were stored before Curt and Nash bought the lot was exposed to the elements. I also think that VDC tubes may all look slightly imperfect (at least mine did from Curt, like dings, marks, non-perfect screws, etc.). I doubt they are assembled in any way other than by hand, and a little moisture in these boxes will cause things to start rusting.

No big deal if the tube is good, the C element is good, and the glycol hasn't leaked all over the place...

Gotta say... this thread is a surprise...

- M

We STILL don't need no stinkin' 7.1!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: