Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Darblet added ....all green output.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject: Darblet added ....all green output. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I figured I'd check out the Darbed Darblet. I've rrad the pros and cons but wanted to decide for myself.
I added it to my video chain and my video output is green. Here is my setup. PS3--> HDMI Switcher--->HDFury 2---> Darblet ---> NEC 10PG.

When I fire up the Darbee a clean and balanced signal is there until the projector syncs to the signal and then I'm stuck with green. Any ideas?

Thanks!!!
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean this, right?

PS3--> HDMI Switcher---> Darblet ---> HDFury 2---> NEC 10PG.

Sounds like something is outputting component instead of RGB. Check the HD Fury to make sure you didn't change the settings.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the side switch on the HDFury2 is set to YUV, flip it to RGB

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try this on a different setup today. It's driving me crazy. If I simply remove the Darbee from the chain everything plays just fine. The seller assures me the unit is 100%. I'll report back with my results.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the PS3's settings. It may be a color space issue. I don't have one in front of me just now but in the video set up there will be a setting for 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 if I remember right. Try playing with those and see what you get.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Analog....working on it for a few minutes here before I have to run out. The Darbee works fine on our living room setup. Comcast --> Darbee---> Samsung. I'm going to switch the source in the HT and see where that gets me. Also going to check color spacing.

Ok...that didn't take long. Looks like the issue might be the HDFury2. All of my source are green with the Darbee in the chain. Comcast, MiccaHD, PS3, and OTA Tuner. So basically there's something about the Darbee that the HDFury doesn't like. Are there any changes I can make to the HDFury through PowerStrip? If not maybe it's time for a HDFury3?

Thanks!
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the darbee has a setting for YPbPr or RGB. If you can some how get into its menu and change it.
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac,
I think you are in the ballpark with YPbPr being the issue. The Darbee manual state that the internal processing does its work in YPbPr. I can safely says its a compatability issue between the HDFury and Darbee. I simplified the chain by pushing the PS3 output directly into the Darbee then to HDFUry 2 to an old Dell monitor using a VGA RGBHV cable. I have the same result. Green screen. What's interesting is that for a brief second while the devices are synchronizing the full color output appears. I'm positive its the HDFury causing the issue. The question is just how to make the correction.

I'm going to try and toss and old Current Design CVT-100 transcoder in the loop and see if that will temporarily correct the issue.
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the transcoder is a no go. I can't find the remote.

I'm all ears...suggestions? I hope this works out and I didn't waste my money.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if the darbee is Ypbpr then make sure the PS3 is outputting the same. and the HD fury is set to accept Ypbpr.

keep darbee right after PS3

nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nash,
That did the trick. I switched the PS3 to YPbPr and it works. Now I just need to figure out how to get this thing to work with my Micca HD WLAN. That may pose a problem. Thanks for your help!
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: