Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Bad new tube. Anyone ever seen this.?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Bad new tube. Anyone ever seen this.? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Just picked up this new red tube today, anyone seen this on a tube face before.?

WP_20141030_16_28_46_Pro.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  124.33 KB
 Viewed:  7159 Time(s)

WP_20141030_16_28_46_Pro.jpg

jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you drain the glycol and confirm that it's a defect IN the tube glass? I'd drain the glycol and clean everything first. Those don't look like deflection or spot burns.

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500, Epson 8100

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen that,
kind of looks like something is loose inside the tubes, scratching the phosphor!!!!!!!!!!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its something loos inside the tube bell, i just removed the plast houses and magnets, so i guess its scratches on the phosphor. Crying or Very sad
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tube came from me. My guess is that either the tube imploded in transit, or something on the electron gun broke loose in transit and bounced off the phosphor. It didn't leave like that, I checked both tubes before shipping. Fortunately I have many red tubes here. Smile
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have seen that before.

It can happen in shipping if a ceramic cracks and bits of the ceramic or cathode come free from the gun. What do your ceramics look like?

Hey, at least it's just a red!

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ceramics on the gun looks perfect, that was the first thing i looked, so guess something else in there came loos.

WP_20141030_18_56_56_Pro.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  222.77 KB
 Viewed:  7069 Time(s)

WP_20141030_18_56_56_Pro.jpg

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I'll send another one next week. If the tube still works, it might be good as a test tube.. or not. Smile
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
No worries, I'll send another one next week. If the tube still works, it might be good as a test tube.. or not. Smile

Ill get my test chassis digged out see what happens, need to test and confirm that the green tube this one came with works right.

Looks like the shipping gets more and more rough, we might need to come up with a better way to pack so the box will handle more of the trowing around going on in the shipping.

Wink
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive seen that when they lose their vacuum.

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:

Thanks, got the replacement tube to, it also had a rough trip, its getting a bit expensive for me paying for all these broken tubes + shipping.

Do you sell the reds on Ebay, so i can get a refund if it arive broken, or it never arives.?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No,because then I'm out the money. I double box with extra bubble wrap on almost every tube, the exception being Australia, since the extra box makes the package too big to send via USPS. If a tube arrives damaged when I take extra care in packaging them up, you're unfortunately left with dealing with the insurance claims at the post office.

If I were negligent in packing up the tubes (loose with no packing in the box, as I've received stuff in the past), then the responsibility would be on me, but I overpackage them. The tubes are insured, and claims take a couple of months to process when they are international. I feel bad for anyone receiving stuff broken in transit, but I do check the tubes before sending them to make sure they are intact.

Also, the fact that your post office sent back the one set of tubes isn't my issue, that clearly was a problem with your post office. You know that, we discussed that via email. Again, not my responsibility if the post office people are idiots, sorry.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
No,because then I'm out the money. I double box with extra bubble wrap on almost every tube, the exception being Australia, since the extra box makes the package too big to send via USPS. If a tube arrives damaged when I take extra care in packaging them up, you're unfortunately left with dealing with the insurance claims at the post office.

If I were negligent in packing up the tubes (loose with no packing in the box, as I've received stuff in the past), then the responsibility would be on me, but I overpackage them. The tubes are insured, and claims take a couple of months to process when they are international. I feel bad for anyone receiving stuff broken in transit, but I do check the tubes before sending them to make sure they are intact.

Also, the fact that your post office sent back the one set of tubes isn't my issue, that clearly was a problem with your post office. You know that, we discussed that via email. Again, not my responsibility if the post office people are idiots, sorry.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Marquee-Electrohome-9-green-CRT-tube-with-housing-yokes-/351321279358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cc614b7e

As i see it thats a special forum member thing you have going there.. Buy direct, and get 50$ off, and if there is any problems.. f*ck you.!!

Would have been sweet if you had told me that i had to pay for the replacement before you shipped it.

And the postal service here pretty much just told me that i cant do a claim for something i never got delivered, as its still the sellers property. I kind of gave up on that one.

Crying or Very sad
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had zero issues with shipping these MArquee tubes until they got sent to you. With the tubes making a 3 X around the world trip, that's three times the risk. Again, I checked the outside box for any damage when I got it back, I saw none, so I shipped it again as per your instructions.

Also, you paid significantly less for your two sets of tubes than the $1500-1800 that I was charging at the time, because you insisted I sold you 'a G90 that I made up of pieces from my backyard' as per your last PM. I don't think it was any different than any other G90 I had sold, but I took your word on it, and discounted the 2 tube sets significantly.

As for the post office mis-delivery (or non delivery as it was), that is YOUR post office issue. We exchanged a number of emails on that. The correct address was on the box, the other boxes got delivered.

Yes, I am charging you $200 plus shipping on the replacement tube because you should have filed a claim on it since it arrived damaged as per the above picture. You get reimbursed when they pay the claim. I won't.

Unless someone can point out that I'm doing something wrong, that's my position on it. You also have not responded to my email, as you have overpaid me slightly, but not anywhere close to :

If you wish to close this, just refund me 600$, and ill promise never to bother you by mail phone or PM again.

That to me, is extortion, and I don't respond at all to messages like that. Return the email, and I'll refund you the amount that I've offered, unless you want to argue about it.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on Curt, ill start a new thread, and ill start from the start, and we will start with the G90.

The tubes was sold to anyone for 1200$ pr set, you discounted 100$ pr set, as a compensation for the 1 owner year 2000 G90 that came with super scratched lenses, ½ a garden sticking to the C elements, mold on the inside of the cover with the serial nr, and the rest of the cover parts stamped 1998.

Ill post some good pics of that in the new thread.

When i contacted you about the 1st red tube who was destroyed, you told me no problem ill send a replacement, understanding that i did not have to pay for that one.

So never made a claim about that one.

The request for the 600$ was as follow.

I payed 3300$

Got 2 full set of tubes, + 1 red ( replacement

2x1100$ for 2 set of tubes+ 150$ for the mistaken return shipping. 3x150$ for the shipping of the 2 set of tubes total 2800$ ( at that point i was of the understandig you covered the 1st red )

3300 - 2800 = 500

You sold the last blue so you are no longer able to deliver the last set as agreed in the deal. so therefor i put extra 100$ as should be the last part of the discount/ compensation for the G90.

Your welcome to make that 700$ as you say you discounted that pr set of tubes, and ill be happy to cover all the cost of the problematic shipment.

then the calculation will be 500-300+700= 900$.. Ahh lets say 700$ then.. That leaves the discount/ compensation pr set of tubes to 500$ ( 1600$ pr set at the time)

Deal.?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree with the extra $100 towards the G90 as you're right, I ran out of blue tubes. One tube that I sold had an intermittent internal short. The customer sent it back to me to verify, and I had to replace it.

I am not covering any damaged tubes. You were supposed to put in claims on all damaged in transit material. I can't do that from this end. that is not my problem. I owe you $305 USD.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
I can agree with the extra $100 towards the G90 as you're right, I ran out of blue tubes. I am not covering any damaged tubes. you were supposed to put in claims on all damaged in transit material. I can't do that from this end. that is not my problem. I owe you $305 USD.

But you just write that you discounted the tubes 400-700$ pr set.. where did the 100$ come from.?

And why did you ship a replacement red and not let me know i would have to pay for that before shipping, nobody needs red tubes.. I would give a sh*t about that, i just bought the reds, as you would only sell blue with full sets.
( ending up paying 2 reds who is messed up, that i did not need to start with.. )

If you read back the dialog, you will understand why i got the impression that you covered that one.

I also wonder whats the logic in making special forum member deals, putting us in a much worse situation than strangers buying from you on ebay.?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm basing the $100 discount off the CURRENT price that I was selling the full sets of tubes for. Greens and blues (if I had them) are $500 USD each, reds are $200. Originally when I got the first set of tubes in, I was selling full sets for $1500-1800 per set, and sold lots at that price. As the demand became less, I lowered the pricing of my tubes to $1200 per set, and have held it there for the last few months. I believe the price was $1500 when we first started discussing tubes.

We always said via email that you would file claims on both damaged tubes. I'm not sure why you did not. Sorry, I'm a 1 man show, not some large corporation that can eat losses due to shipping. Again, if I shipped the tubes poorly, packaged them badly in any way, it would be my responsibility. Damage and lack of delivery by your post office is not.

I don't sell out of North America on ebay, and domestic claims are easier and faster to deal with than international. With the new eBay rules of the seller eating all costs including return shipping if a buyer files a 'not as described' claim, I am not listing much on eBay any more.

Something arrives damaged, you file a claim. That's what I do if I buy anything, and it arrived damaged. As per our emails, you wanted me to cover the mistake your post office made, even though I sent you invoices showing the USPS charges, never mind that the fact that the label on each box clearly shows what the charges are.

I sent you a red tube without you paying for it because I wanted to give good customer service. I also expected you to file claims on both damaged tubes. As I said above, you'll be the one getting reimbursed on the insurance claims, not me.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:

I sent you a red tube without you paying for it because I wanted to give good customer service. I also expected you to file claims on both damaged tubes. As I said above, you'll be the one getting reimbursed on the insurance claims, not me.

Here you lost me totally.. you send me a red tube without me paying for it to give good customer service, and then later charges it, when i ask you to refund what i pre payed for the last set of tubes.?

Im quite sure you know its about impossible to get insurance payed out for stuff broken in shipping, as they always will claim its packed wrong when it broke inside a closed box who look intact.

That only happens here if it get lost, or run over by a fork lift.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now you're telling that insurance claims don't exist? Not true. I file maybe 5 claims a year for domestic shipments with USPS, and except for one lost package that was delivered 3 weeks late, all were paid out. With international claims, they need to be filed at your end, which is what I told you.

All tubes were sent in factory boxes, double boxed. Not a chance that the post office can claim improper packaging.

It seems that you want to make everything my fault because you didn't file a claim or two.

<edit> if, as you say, the post office denies claims in your country, then you should have told me, and I would have said that all tubes are sold without insurance, and should any damage arise due to shipping, it would not be my responsibility. I'm also not sure then why we exchanged several emails with you saying that you are going to file a claim.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: