Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

B&K CT600 Service Manual?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epatsellis

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:52 am    Post subject: B&K CT600 Service Manual? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Anybody have any experience working on these, I bought a second one on ebay to expand to 12 zones, it arrived with controller issues, seller's sending me out a replacement and told me to keep the bad one "for spares if needed". But I'm thinking there's a 12 channel decent quality amp lurking that just needs to have all the control crap ripped out and RCA inputs and trigger inputs added. (or there's a case, heck of a huge toroid, two separate +-40V @ insane current levels power supply and heatsinks for my next power amp project if I can't make progress on the first front.)

erie
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I have the correct manual. Shoot me an email if you want. It is to large to post here.
epatsellis

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email sent!!!!!
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent it to you. !!!!!! Smile Smile:
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B & K was right up the street from me!!! When they went out of business or sold the business they left behind all sorts of parts.

A couple of Arab electronic Junk dealers took it all and was trying to sell it in one lot. I went to look at
it and they had like 20 of those in pieces. And almost all had the transformers still in them.

There must have been at least 1000 sqr feet of B & K parts, board level parts too.

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
epatsellis

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame ATI essentially bought the name, reverse engineered everything and really could care less about the people who, through years of using and selling/installing these, created B&K's reputation. I don't think I could install another new one, quite frankly, though from purely a sound quality and adaptability standpoint, for my own system it's precisely what I wanted.

The workbench is slowly being cleared off, and with luck, I should be able to dig into the CT600 in the next week or two. My guess is a bad LM317, as Mac intimated in the email he sent me. Worth a shot, at the very least to have a functioning spare on hand, takes 5 mins to program it to match either of two I have installed presently.

erie
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: