Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

HDFury4 performance.?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
stridsvognen wrote:

I did bypass the opamp on the Hdfury with limited luck, i was not able to get the image right.

I can share the opamp type on the Hdfury as its written on the opamp. The one moome use, is his secret to share if he like.

I referred to the Fury's opamp.

View user's photo album (1 photos)
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

I did bypass the opamp on the Hdfury with limited luck, i was not able to get the image right.

I can share the opamp type on the Hdfury as its written on the opamp. The one moome use, is his secret to share if he like.

I referred to the Fury's opamp.

Im 99% sure its this one.

http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADA4858-3.pdf
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's indeed crap...
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been playing with the Hdfury4 some more, and im now quite sure that the issue is relatet to a bad DAC design, the problem is not the buffer, the DAC is Oscillating when it have to do 178Mhz, and the bandwidth roling off out of the dac quite early.

I think it wil max do 100-120Mhz output clean.

So it seems like the Hdfury4 dont deliver anything near the promised bandwidth on the analog outputs, ill actualy go so far to say that the analog output is born defect.

Lets hope the Hdfury crew will pick up on this and correct it so it will live up to the specs they have stated.

Ill keep you posted when i get some response from Hdfury.
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
I been playing with the Hdfury4 some more, and im now quite sure that the issue is relatet to a bad DAC design, the problem is not the buffer, the DAC is Oscillating when it have to do 178Mhz, and the bandwidth roling off out of the dac quite early.

I think it wil max do 100-120Mhz output clean.

So it seems like the Hdfury4 dont deliver anything near the promised bandwidth on the analog outputs, ill actualy go so far to say that the analog output is born defect.

Lets hope the Hdfury crew will pick up on this and correct it so it will live up to the specs they have stated.

Ill keep you posted when i get some response from Hdfury.

They have too many useless timings and more importantly the stock 1080p/72 timings don't even come close to getting rid of raster ringing (which is the whole point of custom timings...). Would be nice if they could program in my 1080p/60 and 1080p/72 settings into one of their units for testing.

It needs to do 200mhz cleanly and then it would be an awesome competitor to the Moome card. Based on using it thus far I wouldn't recommend it to someone but if they can deliver 1080p/72 at 200mhz then it would be an extremely viable product.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is still no response from Hdfury, i can see that wildchild22 is reading this forum every time someone post here, so i guess they have no interest in helping to get the Hdfury 4 to work with high bandwidth analog out.

I wonder why they claims it will do 225Mhz analog out, when it wont do 148Mhz right.

wildchild22 feel free to reply.
wildchild22

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I answer tech support questions. I have no more info then you on this topic so I cannot help.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildchild22 wrote:
I answer tech support questions. I have no more info then you on this topic so I cannot help.

Dont Tech support have some backup who you can ask to help here.? Or did Hdfury just buy the rights to the design, and dont have any know how to correct or test this.?

I would think a tech would be able to test and confirm these findings, and see the problem on a scope.

Can you address this to the right person, and ask him/ her to help out here.?
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
wildchild22 wrote:

Dont Tech support have some backup who you can ask to help here.? Or did Hdfury just buy the rights to the design, and dont have any know how to correct or test this.?

I would think a tech would be able to test and confirm these findings, and see the problem on a scope.

Don't you have someone who can take care of this for you? Laughing
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
wildchild22 wrote:

I dont know who build and made the specs for the Hdfury 4, and it seems that Hdfurys own tech support dont know to.

Do you know someone who will be able to fix or redesign the Hdfury analog output, so it will deliver what it has been promised to do.? And implement it in future production.?

Or maybe change the specs to match the performance.?
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
wildchild22 wrote:

I dont know who build and made the specs for the Hdfury 4, and it seems that Hdfurys own tech support dont know to.

Do you know someone who will be able to fix or redesign the Hdfury analog output, so it will deliver what it has been promised to do.? And implement it in future production.?

The same guy that is giving you your super Marquee. This should be right up his alley. Very Happy
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
wildchild22 wrote:

The same guy that is giving you your super Marquee. This should be right up his alley. Very Happy

I think Hdfury should pick who they want, im just a end user like others who bought a product who dont do what it was prommised to do.

And i never seen him do DAC designs, and it seems the problem is out of the DAC.

I know your the oldest and most experienced person on this forum, if you cant fix it, nobody can.

I think you should apply for the job.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
wildchild22 wrote:

I think Hdfury should pick who they want, im just a end user like others who bought a product who dont do what it was prommised to do.

And i never seen him do DAC designs, and it seems the problem is out of the DAC.

I know your the oldest and most experienced person on this forum, if you cant fix it, nobody can.

I think you should apply for the job.

HD fury has already told you in not so many ways that they don't think you have any idea of what you are talking about. Do you have any professionals to back your claim?

And I would never in a millions years waste my time on this stuff. And remember, I do not have these problems. I run an Ampro!
Laughing
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:

I know your the oldest person on this forum,

Ha! And what makes you think I am the oldest here? I think mike is older then I am. Laughing
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

Ha! And what makes you think I am the oldest here? I think mike is older then I am. Laughing

Cant be.. i always imagine you around 85, as its common that we get more and more experience the older we get. ( And grumpy)

Your also the only one i know off that always know the answer of everything without ever seeing or touching what we are arguing.

Right now, right here is a perfect example of how great a help you are in a thread pointed at Hdfury4 users and the Hdfury support.

I know that you cant resolve 1080P 72hz on your sh*tty old Ampro, and dont care to help and solve some of the issues on the road to a perfect 1080P 72hz output running around 200Mhz, but i think deep deep inside you there must be a understanding that what you dont care about might not be so for all others.

And your issues with me might be better solved in private.( face to face)
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

Cant be.. i always imagine you around 85, as its common that we get more and more experience the older we get. ( And grumpy)
So your young, cocky, I know everything is suppose to be better?

Your also the only one i know off that always know the answer of everything without ever seeing or touching what we are arguing.

So seeing and touching somehow makes you an expert? Maybe you just don't know how to use the stuff. Or know what you are actually seeing or hearing. And how do you know what I have used over time?

Right now, right here is a perfect example of how great a help you are in a thread pointed at Hdfury4 users and the Hdfury support.

No, right now, right here is you condemning another piece of equipment without the training and equipment and expertise to do so.

I know that you cant resolve 1080P 72hz on your sh*tty old Ampro, and dont care to help and solve some of the issues on the road to a perfect 1080P 72hz output running around 200Mhz, but i think deep deep inside you there must be a understanding that what you dont care about might not be so for all others.

Oh, so now you have tested an Ampro also and know everything about it. To funny!

And your issues with me might be better solved in private.( face to face)
The issues I have with you and your postings have no choice but to be vetted here.

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These two bulls ,one old and one young, were on the top of a hill looking down at a field full of Cows.

The Young bull said hey. Lets Run down there and f*ck one of those Cows.

The older Bull said no lets walk down and f*ck them all.

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this thread is way off track, for the 2nd time, ill delete my posts and might change the title, doubt anything good will ever come out of this.

Thanks for the help trying to solve this.

Kal can you move this to the off topic.?

Questions about the Hdfury 4 can be asked to macgyver655 or CIR Engineering as they know all there is to know, who is relevant to CRT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: