Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Service menu codes needed for RCA 42PA30RQ
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiteboarder

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Service menu codes needed for RCA 42PA30RQ Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have searched every possible forum that I belong to for the service menu codes and navigation guidelines for this TV (RCA 42PA30RQ) and have come up empty.

It's a plasma and it definitely needs a greyscale calibration. I've done as much as I can with the basics - brightness, contrast, color, tint, etc. But skin tones and everything else are not right. I've taken initial greyscale readings with my Eye1 LT but need to get in to the service menu to do the calibration.

For what its worth, I've calibrated 3 plasmas, three LCDs and a projector, and I'm fully aware of the dangers associated with modifying values in the service menu without recording/photographing factory values.

Any help getting the service menu codes would be greatly appreciated as the manufacturer is of no help whatsoever.

Thanks.[/b]
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try this to see if it gets you into factory mode.

Select PC input, adjust volume to zero. Then press 9-8-7-6. This should bring you to factory mode. If it does then press exit to leave factory mode and post back your results.
Kiteboarder

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response!

I tried it but it didn't work. Does a PC have to be connected to the input for that to work? I did not have a PC connected.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't have to be. That procedure was for an earlier model RCA. Sometimes they keep the same procedure.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try it while in TV mode.
Kiteboarder

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it on all of the inputs (TV, Component, HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3, HDMI 4, Audio, PC). No luck.

For what it's worth, the plasma is a fairly new RCA model introduced in 2012 and it seems to have mostly Samsung circuit boards and Samsung glass.

I found this quote about the RCA 42PA30RQ on one of the AVS plasma forums:

"Very impressive. I took some time to open up the rear cover to see what the inside looks like, and all the major circuit boards are made by Samsung. Plasma screen, inverter board, power supply, second power supply, and third power supply are all made by Samsung. See attached pics. You can see the printed word "Samsung" stamped on every boards. Only the input/video processing board and front-panel buttons are made by the OEM TV maker, which is TongFang. OEM TV maker TongFang assembled this RCA plasma with all parts and components manufactured by Samsung."

Tried to ask the poster if he knew how to access the service menu but never got a response.
rcaguy

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Better late than never - Service Menu Code Reply with quote

Hi! The Service Menu procedure for this model specifically is:

Hit the Menu button on the remote - Menu Pops up.
Enter Code 1147

This should get you into the service menu.

I also have updated color profiles, and a firmware update. I can email these.
Kiteboarder

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for giving me the service menu entry code. You are correct. It is Menu, then 1147. Very, very much appreciated.

Generally, looking at the picture, before taking any gray scale measurements, the factory settings don't appear to be that far off. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to calibrate it tonight.

I would be very interested in receiving your color profiles and firmware update. I'll PM my Email address to you.
rcaguy

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Firmware, Color Profiles, Scaling Profile Sent! Reply with quote

I emailed the the firmware and color/scaling profiles to the email in the PM! I can't send PM's, so hopefully it gets to you okay. If you find out how to optimize this tv set better, I'd love to know what settings you use! Very Happy
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post 3 more times in the test area of the forum, and you're good to go for PMs.
bizzy651

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you email me that firmware bryank651@gmail.com
Kiteboarder

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@rcaguy

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. Last night, I calibrated my RCA 42PA30RQ using an eye1 and Color HCFR.

With the caveat that each set is different, so you results may not be similar to mine, here are the final settings:

Color temperature - Warm
Brightness - 49
Contrast - 75
Color - 22
Tint - 0
Sharpness - 0

Adjustment made in Service menu:
WB Mode - HDMI
For Color Temp Warm

All of the Drives and Cutoffs were factory set to Zero before my calibration changes

R Drive - from Zero to minus 2
G Drive - Zero
B Drive - from Zero to plus 5

R Cutoff - Zero
G Cutoff - Zero
B Cutoff - from zero to minus 2

The Color HCFR measurements I took after the adjustments in the service menu, were really right on. It was the closest I've ever com to an ideal calibration. However, as I mentioned at the start of this post, the adjustments I made for my set, may, or may not, work for yours.

If there is a way for me to post the graphs from Color HCFR in this forum, I will do that.
jcaro

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Need firmwrae update for RCA 42PA30RQ please... Reply with quote

Just replaced the Y_scan board and heard its recommended to updated the firmware. Does anybody have the latest revision available for RCA 42PA30RQ? If you do could you please email a copy to me at "jayc.2009@yahoo.com". Thanks
jspeight

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Better late than never - Service Menu Code Reply with quote

rcaguy wrote:
Hi! The Service Menu procedure for this model specifically is:

Hit the Menu button on the remote - Menu Pops up.
Enter Code 1147

This should get you into the service menu.

I also have updated color profiles, and a firmware update. I can email these.

I just updated the x main on mine. Could you post a link to the new firmware?
thorvauld

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I too have this model RCA:

I'm hopping you could send me the updated color profiles,and the firmware update.
I had to replace the Y buffer the X main and the E buffer.

Thank you. thorvauld email is :etnordahl@yahoo.com
nomesnk143

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: required firmware file or china lcd Reply with quote

Can any one email me
China lcd firmware
Bd_vst59_30.bin

Nomesnk143@gmail.com

I shall be thankful 2 u.
bobhughes1

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Firmware Update Reply with quote

Please email me the firmware update and color settings. Thanks

bobhughes1@comcast.net

Last edited by bobhughes1 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Firmware Update Reply with quote

bobhughes1 wrote:

You need to add your email address Bob

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
bobhughes1

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobhughes1@comcast.net
brynmawr

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please send the firmware update to brynmawr.tv@verizon.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: