Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Theater upgrade time!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
ecrabb wrote:
greg_mitch wrote:
Wait a minute...maybe I didn't get the whole story and don't mean to pry...but you moved to Utah without a job?!

I don't want to go into detail here, but I had a job when we moved, was led to believe it was solid, but I was wrong. It actually happened very quickly, but the reality is we'd decided to go regardless. We'd saved, put ourselves in a good position, and we really wanted to go. It's OK because my wife has a good job - that was part of the reason for the move. Just working on replacing my income now.

Your unemployed!!! F$#K 'EM!!! Twisted Evil Mr. Green

Quote:

greg_mitch wrote:
I can vouch for the DIY identical LCR mains. I can also vouch for a waveguide/compression driver setup. The details I hear now are ridiculous. I was using an AV-123 RSC-200 (Bigfoot) which was highly regarded over at AVS at the time, and these blow that away IMO.

THAT is what I'm after. Tiny, minute details... Breath... A finger on a fretboard. The "sound" of feeling like you're there.

So, like I said to Hog in my last post... New state, new house, blank slate of a basement, and I've just started roughing out the design. Start a new thread, or just start here?

Cheers!

SC

I think that is one of the most noticeable characteristics of the SEOS speakers. The ability to make out and hear speech is crucial in the enjoyment of a HT system. I sit five feet from my direct view tv and I still have a hard time hearing speech. Since like 80% of a movie soundtrack is in the center channel, I may have to give the 15" Seos 88 a try. I didn't want to go that wide, but it may be worth it to have everything above 950 hz go to the SEOS/compression driver.
greg_mitch

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
greg_mitch wrote:
Wait a minute...maybe I didn't get the whole story and don't mean to pry...but you moved to Utah without a job?!

I don't want to go into detail here, but I had a job when we moved, was led to believe it was solid, but I was wrong. It actually happened very quickly, but the reality is we'd decided to go regardless. We'd saved, put ourselves in a good position, and we really wanted to go. It's OK because my wife has a good job - that was part of the reason for the move. Just working on replacing my income now.

greg_mitch wrote:
That sounds like a good schedule really. You will need to get it done before the weather turns nice and you get distracted by the beautiful scenery!

Thanks. Yes, it is most definitely beautiful here. We're LOVING it. It feels like we're on vacation, only we live here. Very Happy

greg_mitch wrote:
I can vouch for the DIY identical LCR mains. I can also vouch for a waveguide/compression driver setup. The details I hear now are ridiculous. I was using an AV-123 RSC-200 (Bigfoot) which was highly regarded over at AVS at the time, and these blow that away IMO.

THAT is what I'm after. Tiny, minute details... Breath... A finger on a fretboard. The "sound" of feeling like you're there.

So, like I said to Hog in my last post... New state, new house, blank slate of a basement, and I've just started roughing out the design. Start a new thread, or just start here?

Cheers!

SC

I'm liking your attitude. I hope I can react the way you appear to be when life throws me curves like that! Here's to hoping you find what you need or want. (either will work!) Smile

Definitely start a new build thread...this one should be retired...new chapter in your life...new thread.

BTW - it looks like I have an ellipsis fetish...darnit!
HogPilot

TV/Projector: Vizio P702ui-B3, Pioneer Elite Pro-151FD & 111FD

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in that case, I look forward to seeing what the new slate looks like - and good luck with your job situation!

He's mad at us for making Hog a moderator. He took his ball and went home.

SC
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
I don't want to go into detail here, but I had a job when we moved, was led to believe it was solid, but I was wrong. It actually happened very quickly, but the reality is we'd decided to go regardless.

Sorry to hear that Steve - nobody likes surprises like that. As others have said however, you're got the right attitude about it and that's definitely the first step in the right direction.

It's impossible to avoid the curve balls that life throws from time to time (it's just going to happen) - what's important to remember is that the competent / hard working people (that's you Wink) will always land back on their feet. It's more about how you react to get out of it, not trying to avoid it happening in the first place.

Good luck!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys! I very much appreciate your kind words. I have some resumes out, some meetings set up for after the holidays, and I'm sure I'll find a good fit and get something lined up in January. New year, new opportunities to succeed and excel!

Starting a new thread is a good idea. I'll throw together some basics, save out some of the roughs I've been working on, and post it up for you guys and post a link here. I'm a little stuck on a couple of things, and it'll be good to have some feedback.

Cheers, all!!! Merry Christmas!

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats a matter? You didn't like my comment! Razz Mr. Green

That's cool that you have some options lined up. Digital says he just got promoted. Maybe he is looking for an assistant. Wink
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
Whats a matter? You didn't like my comment! Razz Mr. Green

Sorry. Had to. Not interested in stirring sh*t up or dragging anything out. I'm just moving on.

Spanky Ham wrote:
That's cool that you have some options lined up. Digital says he just got promoted. Maybe he is looking for an assistant. Wink

Not too picky at this point, so I don't think it'll take long. Crossing my fingers I'm right. Whatever savings I don't have to burn through can go toward the theater and basement. Wink

Oh, and I don't know who "digital" is, but I'm not above being somebody's assistant if the pay is right. Wink

SC
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started a thread on the new basement and HT.

Ecrabb's Theater v2

SC
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: