Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Moome's new Barco HDMI 1.4 card
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francisco

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
redfox001 wrote:
Did not have the time yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Looks good but if the image has some shaking I am going to replace the connector cable with coax. Just cut the wires and put three peaces coax in between should be easy.

Did this as well and it's a little extra upgrade. I used RG 179DT Belden cable.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys. Short first impressions here. I plugged in the card half an hour ago and am amazed. Decided to write a quick report here now.

It plugged in easy. It was a little difficult to get the hdmi cable in because there is not to much room but it is enough.

Now first. My old hdmi moome card had the problem that I had to start the Barco cinemax first and than start the hdmi source. If I did it in the other order the Max would get in very strange errors and the HV would shut down.

This one works as it should. A lot of led start to talk to each other and after a few second there is an image regardless of what order I start.

Than I found that the image was overly bright and I had to set brightness to 30 on a testimage. I think the default setting of the pots needs some adjustment? The contrast was to high too.

But the image? Amazing!!!! That is why I had to stop watching and write this. It is sharp. Very sharp. Real. Best I ever had. The 1080p one on one showed also the best I had (comparable to a Mac vga adapter with ultra short cable).

But again just first impressions here. After adjusting brightness and warming up I looked at some of my familiar movies and as I said looked very very good. Gave me the feeling that I have a new projector again.

Now I was going to be very honest and critical if that would be necessarily but respect to Moome this is a top card! Wonder if I can get that 3d to work.

Oh and almost forgot I did not see any trembling in the image so even the cable seems to be allright.

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great review! I stole bits of it for the order page: http://www.curtpalme.com/BARCO-FULLHD.shtm

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok the thing with the brightness was solved by choosing the right video input range.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
Ok guys. Short first impressions here. I plugged in the card half an hour ago and am amazed. Decided to write a quick report here now.

It plugged in easy. It was a little difficult to get the hdmi cable in because there is not to much room but it is enough.

Now first. My old hdmi moome card had the problem that I had to start the Barco cinemax first and than start the hdmi source. If I did it in the other order the Max would get in very strange errors and the HV would shut down.

This one works as it should. A lot of led start to talk to each other and after a few second there is an image regardless of what order I start.

Than I found that the image was overly bright and I had to set brightness to 30 on a testimage. I think the default setting of the pots needs some adjustment? The contrast was to high too.

But the image? Amazing!!!! That is why I had to stop watching and write this. It is sharp. Very sharp. Real. Best I ever had. The 1080p one on one showed also the best I had (comparable to a Mac vga adapter with ultra short cable).

But again just first impressions here. After adjusting brightness and warming up I looked at some of my familiar movies and as I said looked very very good. Gave me the feeling that I have a new projector again.

Now I was going to be very honest and critical if that would be necessarily but respect to Moome this is a top card! Wonder if I can get that 3d to work.

Oh and almost forgot I did not see any trembling in the image so even the cable seems to be allright.

Sweet Cool

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any screen shots.?
Francisco

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok what is interesting about this picture?

- don't look at sharpness banding or the funny masks

This is the 1:1 that belongs to it.

- don't look at sharpness, my camera couldn't focus very well and this was shot out of hand.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Any screen shots.?

I don't have much that will show on testpictures. The one on one looks about the same as I posted earlier. Still there seems more detail, the picture is rocksolid and I don't see noise at all.

But somehow and I have to figure out how the streaking problem is back Sad Might simple be that the voltage shifted when plugging boards.

@Francisco your one on one is way better than mine.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francisco wrote:

- don't look at sharpness, my camera couldn't focus very well and this was shot out of hand.

There seems to be some reasonably noticable vertical waves on the left, and the convergence is out a fair bit down that left side.

There looks to be an anomoly down the right hand side of the horizontal 1s 2s and 3s

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The order page is one click away Thumbs Up

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CasetheCorvetteman"]
Francisco wrote:

There seems to be some reasonably noticable vertical waves on the left, and the convergence is out a fair bit down that left side.

There looks to be an anomoly down the right hand side of the horizontal 1s 2s and 3s

That's not what I meant. The image wasn't converged yet or any other adjustments like porch settings.
What I hoped you had noticed is that the aspect ratio is 16:9 and the refresh rate 72hz. So it's displaying 1080p@72hz fully and the 1:1 holds pretty well. Maybe not as good as the Marquee's but still I find it quite awesome. Sharpness is still supurb and it's stable. I'm going to work on the right porch settings for the Barco and will fine tune it.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imaging what a blend will look like with this card Shocked

Could you please check 2048 x 1536@60Hz with this card ?

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few more simple tests. The Moome takes every resolution that I try without problems.
The streaking problem I mentioned earlier turned out to be that the 17 volt shifted somehow. Put it back to 17,7 and solved.

The one on one is better than the former Moome I had but the Barco limits the bandwidth further.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah work on the porch settings to get rid of the ringing on the left side but ti looks good otherwise.

Increase back porch to move ringing off the screen. Start with 50 pixel added then add another 25 and so forth.

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francisco wrote:
CasetheCorvetteman wrote:

That's not what I meant. The image wasn't converged yet or any other adjustments like porch settings.
What I hoped you had noticed is that the aspect ratio is 16:9 and the refresh rate 72hz. So it's displaying 1080p@72hz fully and the 1:1 holds pretty well. Maybe not as good as the Marquee's but still I find it quite awesome. Sharpness is still supurb and it's stable. I'm going to work on the right porch settings for the Barco and will fine tune it.

I saw that yes, but I certainly wouldn't have thought that would be the "interesting thing" about those images, I couldn't find anything else note worthy, other than the items I mensioned and items you said to ignore.

Ive used 2560x1600p at 60Hz before, and although it was a bit softer you could still read the text in Windows on the default size.

What is the max resolution you can do with the new MOOME card that you have tried?

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2048 x 1536 into each BR909 for blending would be 4K

Thumbs Up

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do the 5% IRE window look on the 909 with this new moome card.?

Is there someone who can try shoot the 1:1 closeup with different contrast settings, from black to white.?
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Francisco"]
CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Francisco wrote:

He you are giving me an idea 1920x817@72 is lower bandwidth than 1920x1080@60. I don't think that is what you mean with the 16/9 but I am going to try 72hz that way Smile the Moome seems to accept all resolutions.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it is, just give 817p @72 Hz a try.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a VP or HTPC you should always setup 818x1920p 72Hz. Why wouldn't you? It's the best of every possible world; low bandwidth, film multiple for 24Hz playback, sharper, easier on projector...

Moome's card should have no issues with any custom resolutions you want to try. If you have a Radiance 214x or a PLUS model you can probably get away with digital resolutions through about 195 MHz. If you need to run higher clocks for something like 3D (using about 192 MHz on a VP) than it's also possible to increase the voltage to Moome's HDMI chip. Moome tends to set the voltages on the low side of the range considered allowable by Si. I often raise the voltages towards Si's higher allowable range if the chip in hand can't run the clocks I want with Moome's voltage.

It's up to Moome to decide if he wants any info like that floating around though.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11
Jump to: