Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Panasonic Plasma TC-P50ST50 Calibration

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepiecesfit

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Panasonic Plasma TC-P50ST50 Calibration Reply with quote

Just came across this forum after finding GREYSCALE & COLOUR CALIBRATION FOR DUMMIES (OLD VERSION) and successfully completed my plasma calibration with a i1Display2 device. Many thanks this is great for saving folks money that own these devices.

I was using D-NICE settings which I thought were good but after making the measurements it seemed to be way off in terms of the ideal delta-e. After running through the routine I was able to get sub 8.0 on almost all the Grey Scale IRE window test pattern readings.

Question 1: Is it typical to see such shift in the delta E values under 20%? Should any attempts be made to lower these numbers?

Question 2: This display did not have a colour setting and the best I could do for the delta E in primary and secondary is below. Is there room to tweak this perhaps using the RGBLowEnd and RGBHighEnd controls?

R 7.9
G 13.8
B 6.1
Y 6.3
C 8.8
M 13.1

Thanks this is a great start!

delta E Before:
0% - 163.9
10% - 30.1
20% - 17.3
30% - 17.0
40% - 16.6
50% - 18.6
60% - 17.4
70% - 18.6
80% - 21.3
90% - 19.8
100% - 22.2

delta E After:
0% - 163.9
10% - 21.6
20% - 0.9
30% - 2.2
40% - 0.3
50% - 1.3
60% - 4.3
70% - 0.9
80% - 0.4
90% - 1.0
100% - 1.6

Note: I used the AVS HD 709 Calibration Disk has the IRE window test patterns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: