Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

GCLabs, a simple way to manage your Global Caché's units

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lagommette

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: GCLabs, a simple way to manage your Global Caché's units Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi everyone !

I am proud to present you my new free Android app called GCLabs.

GCLabs includes within the same interface, Global Caché's tools iHelp, iLearn, iConvert and iTest. It is downloadable from the Google Play Store.

GCLabs is compatible with units GC-100-x, iTach and iTachFlex. It includes the following features:

• Discoveries of modules connected to the network
  • Access to the Web setup pages
  • Network configuration
  • Direct configuration of the SERIAL interface
  • Direct configuration of the IR interface
  • Learning of the infrared codes (copy/paste available via dedicated buttons)
  • Broadcast of IR codes or SERIAL commands (ASCII)
  • Conversion of infrared codes to RC5 format
  • Free access to more than 130.000 IR codes from the New Global Caché database in the cloud

It is simple to use and should be very handy for you.

If you have any question or suggestion do not hesitate to contact me.

I wish you a good discovery of GCLabs !

Regards,
Lagommette
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mods: Please don't delete... Lagommette emailed me if he could post about his control software and I said yes.

Lagommette, if I can offer a suggestion: Reading your post I have no idea what your product is, what it does exactly, why I'd want it, or where I can go for more information. Some pictures and links would be very useful.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost did, before reading his post. Smile

Kal is right, pictures or a link to a website would help.
lagommette

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal,

I did not post any link because I thought I was not allowed to: On some forums, you need to have written a certain amount of messages to be allowed to place some links.

GCLabs can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.GCLabs

Global Caché is an american company that builds connected infrared and serial units to control via your network any equipment that is compatible with infrared or serial(RS232).

These units are meant to be used by third application like Roomie, iRule or HC-SKIPPER which are universal remotes programs.

These units may be managed and configured with PC programs provided by Global Caché on its website download page:

• iHelp (used to locate and configure your units)
  • iLearn (allows for the capture of IR commands, conversion between Global Caché and Hex (CCF) formats)
  • iTest (capable of sending literal strings, individual hex bytes, or a mixture of both)
  • iConvert (utility for conversion between Global Caché format IR codes and Hex (CCF) codes)

Global Caché provides also some APIs for developpers. I have used these APIs for the need of GCLabs and another (payable) app.

My app GCLabs, resumes all this features in one Android application. Now, from your tablet, you can manage your Global Caché's units instead of using your PC to do so. It can be usefull if for example you do not have a PC in your home theater room.

More, it allows you to avoid the phases of learning IR codes as GCLabs offers a full access to a database wich holds more than 130.000 IR codes classified on Brand, Category, Model and function.

Do not hesitate to ak for further information.

Regards,
Lagommette[/list]
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: