Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco CineMAX / Cine9 / 909 1:1 shots collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francisco

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Francisco wrote:
Ah found it, Casey used 1920x800 ...... look at this pattern and where 50% is written. So....this clarify's it I think

That is the pattern i used yes, the ones Crabb posted some time ago.

You cant see the scanlines in that image, or i certainly cant, you can see lines on the one on one off, but that is a given. On 1080p i have to put my face about 1-2 feet from the screen to see scanlines, even then its only on the middle area and only on green.

That image is about as focussed and well astiged ( electronically and mechanically ) as i can get it.

Ok ok, I only judged on a picture and thought to see scan lines but I'm wrong, I guess. It doesn't really matter as well. It just looks really well focused to me for 1080p, so that's a compliment Thumbs Up

Just for my own curiosity I will display this SMPTE pattern 1920x800 on a 1920x1080p @60hz resolution and see what it looks like.

You're right it's irrelevant. Just enjoy life and the thing you like to do in your valuable little spare time. So put in Mario cart or something else and enjoy it to the Max Wink

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been trying to do more of that lately, but often dont have the energy.

There is no doubt its sharp, extremely sharp, but apparently these machines are known for that. I spent almost a whole day just on mechanical astig and lens focus of the green a few weeks ago, and the difference was significant. The image i posted through the MOOME is basically just as sharp.

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
Francisco

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone of you Cinemax Cine9 guys tell me if the Cinemax/cine9 uses software from controller to control the fan controller within the convergence tray? I know that the Cinemax/cine9 have an extra fan controller board in the convergence tray and that it because of lower fan speed also has a lower maximum resolution capability.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a little fan board there yes, from memory it is controlled by a thermistor or two, but i am not sure what else controls it, those fans do speed up when you set about about 75kHz.

Hulio

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In CineMax/Cine 9 they put two of those little fan-controller boards ( R763706 ) as Case mentioned. One in the front tray and one on the backside of the chassis.
On BR909, the wires from the front fans goes directly to the focus board. On CineMax/Cine 9, they go first to the aditional mini fan-controller and then to focus board. There is however a third connection from the mini board which goes straight to the controller board.
Also, the CineMax/Cine 9 both have a software limitation of the max. horizontal frequency of 132 KHz ( 180 KHz on BR909 ).
That's why i think, in order to make the 909 as silent as a Max/9, not only a reproduction of the fan-controllers and those extra baffles will be needed, but also a software upgrade. Only my 2 euro-cent.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try a factory reset. Seems a bug you ran into?

@Casey lets move on.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:

Tjeerd, it is possible you posted here by mistake instead of doing so in " 909 stack" topic ?
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows going with the 1:1 shots.?

Anyone had luck getting a clean 100Mhz out of a 909.?
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hulio wrote:
redfox001 wrote:

Tjeerd, it is possible you posted here by mistake instead of doing so in " 909 stack" topic ?

Yes that is true but I thought to leave it here cause your solution to the other problem with the contrast modulation seems more likely. And the thing between Casey and me is on the right place here.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright, no problem. I just couldn't follow...
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:

@Casey lets move on.

What are we moving on from? I havent been here much and dont read every post.

Kurt, until yesterday i havent been able to remove the cover from my projector on my own due to illness, and i cant really hold my arms ubove my head for long enough to do any adjustments that may be required. Took me almost an hour to get the 17v pot adjusted yesterday.

redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you cost me several hundreds of euro's with your clames and you are still claming the same 'one on one' pictures you showed here that nobody has because a Barco can't do that physicaly because of the specs of the components. Sad you don't care about that while I gave you so much information on modding the caps in private mail. Thank! No Sad
That the Barco can't do it is without any doubt but you react again that you have been sick bla bla bla. Sad Makes me sick.

Guess you are working on an Eisemann reputation.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on a second here buddy, you cost YOURSELF several hundred €, dont ever blame anyone else for your own choices in life. I never instructed you to spend a cent, you asked what i was using and i told you.

Simply because you failed to get the same results i did is not my fault. Gábor also stated something simular.

Since im not here selling anything or making money out of projectors being modded in other countries i couldnt give a f*** what reputation you or anyone else here thinks i have. Its really that unimportant to me.

The fact you think i was bunging on illness to bow out of further proof is pretty bloody laughable, you wouldnt have a clue mate. So you did a couple hundred € because you wanted to try something for yourself... Big deal, be thankful you had the choice, i spent several thousand in the past couple months and had very limited choice in that.

I couldnt give a toss if you believe me or not. Makes no difference to me at all.

redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you don't give a damn etc. I think that is cynical to your fellow being on this planet but your choice. I try to keep a positive attitude to others and try to help them because I feel something for others. You feel sorry for yourself. Ok. Cynical.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i dont feel in the least bit sorry for myself at all. Im quite happy really.

Im just not moved one bit by someone calling me a liar simply because they couldnt achieve a result i did.

Im also not interested in arguing with you either. You made the choice to spend the money, and youve got nothing to complain about either, youve probably got more up to date better quality gear because of it.

redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Glad we said everything to say. I hope you will heal soon! Must be terrible to spend all that money on health and feel so bad.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldnt care less about the money to be quite honest. Doesnt mean i want to waste it on sh*t, but i will never blame anyone else for it when i do.

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So hows going with the 1:1 shots, anyone got a 909 over 100Mhz ??
Francisco

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys don't fight. waste of energy. Tjeerd I didn't expect this from you. You'll never be able to compare apples to apples when you are this far away from each other. As said Case used a different SMPTE pattern 1920x800 and it looks the same on my machine as his pictures. By mistake he used this pattern. It's you that decided to see if you could reproduce his result on buying RG6 cables etc. I already warned you about it that it you would never get this result on 1080p60hz with the right pattern and that there would be some kind of mistake somewhere or different test settings. It turned out to be simple, just another pattern. You could have found out yourself as well.

I'm still not as obsessed about 1:1 as you guys are. I'm still convinced about the fact that in real video this high BW is used much. Also I still like narrow spot size from Lug's and very sharp image. Also a very low noise floor. The result of the Eisemann modified boards and the new Moome board come very close to resolve 1:1. At least enough close for my liking as I like different things from Barco split pack as well.

Tjeerd when you are ready and your 9500ultra is running well resolving 1:1 I hope you'll invite me to show it together with the cinemax. we'll have a shootout Thumbs Up

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francisco wrote:
Guys don't fight. waste of energy. Tjeerd I didn't expect this from you. You'll never be able to compare apples to apples when you are this far away from each other. As said Case used a different SMPTE pattern 1920x800 and it looks the same on my machine as his pictures. By mistake he used this pattern. It's you that decided to see if you could reproduce his result on buying RG6 cables etc. I already warned you about it that it you would never get this result on 1080p60hz with the right pattern and that there would be some kind of mistake somewhere or different test settings. It turned out to be simple, just another pattern. You could have found out yourself as well.

I'm still not as obsessed about 1:1 as you guys are. I'm still convinced about the fact that in real video this high BW is used much. Also I still like narrow spot size from Lug's and very sharp image. Also a very low noise floor. The result of the Eisemann modified boards and the new Moome board come very close to resolve 1:1. At least enough close for my liking as I like different things from Barco split pack as well.

Tjeerd when you are ready and your 9500ultra is running well resolving 1:1 I hope you'll invite me to show it together with the cinemax. we'll have a shootout Thumbs Up

Hope you some day will get to see a CRT who can resolve a 1080P 72hz signal, so you will be able to comment on the difference.

Ill claim that LUG tubes and sharp image is not super important when evaluating PQ.

But if thats all you have to play with its imposible to get other experienses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: