Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

OPPO 103D thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Would you mind posting a few images with Darbee activated and without it? I may remember this incorrectly, but can't Oppo show an image with Darbee activated on half the image and the other half without it? If that's the case, I would love to see some screenies with that and your preferred settings.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
Would you mind posting a few images with Darbee activated and without it? I may remember this incorrectly, but can't Oppo show an image with Darbee activated on half the image and the other half without it? If that's the case, I would love to see some screenies with that and your preferred settings.

For that you can go to Darbee home page, i cant take shots like that who will display the stuff your looking for.

My preferred setting is Darbee off, using HDMI 2 out. And all adjustments set to 0. 1080P 24 or 60hz

I think the _Darbee might be handy to gain some of the dynamics in the image you loos if you have a poor bandwidth, and ansi contrast, i just cant find any display here im my house where i prefer it, well did not test on the 8500AC and G90, so ill leave those open.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
thewolfman wrote:

For that you can go to Darbee home page, i cant take shots like that who will display the stuff your looking for.

My preferred setting is Darbee off, using HDMI 2 out. And all adjustments set to 0. 1080P 24 or 60hz

I think the _Darbee might be handy to gain some of the dynamics in the image you loos if you have a poor bandwidth, and ansi contrast, i just cant find any display here im my house where i prefer it, well did not test on the 8500AC and G90, so ill leave those open.

I googled it and found some screenies on the Interweb. Some shots look quite good, while others just look terrible. There's this one shot where the guy aged 40 years with Darbee on. I'm sure is not happy about that.

Oh and I know you prefer Darbee off.. but meant like with a low suddle setting just to amuse me.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:

It does have that yes, but its hardly useful because it just splits the image in half rather than showing the same image on both sides.

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
thewolfman wrote:

It does have that yes, but its hardly useful because it just splits the image in half rather than showing the same image on both sides.

Ok, well it would be good enough for me.

I'm actually contemplating getting an Oppo to, some day, just to have and for those very special movies that really only deserves the very best. For everything else I would still need the PC. 499$, or there about, for an Oppo 103D isn't all that bad.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid $800 AUD for mine delivered to my door.

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
Doesn't the fact the you're in the middle of nowhere have something to do with it, Case? In the US, it's not uncommon at all to have 50-100Mbps (or better) service in metro areas, while many in vast swaths of rural countryside have no access to broadband at all, relegated to good old dial-up or at best, line-of-site wireless like you're using, or perhaps satellite.

SC

Sorry Crabb i missed this post mate, yes it doesnt help, but just 3 months ago my internet was alot faster. Now i cant even watch youtube at 240p, its that bad.

My mobile phone internet is somewhat better, although it too has reduced in performance here lately. I spoke to my provider a couple days ago who claimed it to be over saturation of users in my area, but even now at 2:40am its the same. While they did state there is nothing they can do, they did give me a month free, and also put an extra gig of data on my phone account to compensate, so they have been quite fair about it.

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strids have you ever tried to get the 3D working via the MOOME box? Mine wont even display an image on 3D for some reason, just get a black screen.

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurt, now that you removed Lumagen in the chain and just use Oppo + HD Fury.. how is that even possible? Don't you need custom porches or something from the Lumagen? It's been so long ago I made my custom porches in my PC I forgot why I even have them. The ringing on the left side is shifted out via remote so I know it's not that. Or is it that 72Hz makes custom porches necessary but with Oppo and "just" 60Hz it's not needed? I totally forgot about all this.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Strids have you ever tried to get the 3D working via the MOOME box? Mine wont even display an image on 3D for some reason, just get a black screen.

No sorry never have had any desire for 3D here at home. Even that i have some 3D movies and the different hardware to make it possible.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
Kurt, now that you removed Lumagen in the chain and just use Oppo + HD Fury.. how is that even possible? Don't you need custom porches or something from the Lumagen? It's been so long ago I made my custom porches in my PC I forgot why I even have them. The ringing on the left side is shifted out via remote so I know it's not that. Or is it that 72Hz makes custom porches necessary but with Oppo and "just" 60Hz it's not needed? I totally forgot about all this.

For perfection you will need porch settings to shift out the ringing, but at 1080P 60hz and on the setup as is now, i dont have the desire to mess with it, ill do that when i get it hanging in my HT.

And adding a processor to do the porch settings is always a tradeoff from what i have seen so far.

The best image is for sure running 1080P 60hz HDMI2 out of the oppo, direct into the moome card, putting the Hdfury4 into the chane, give some and take something else.

Using the Radiance takes a lot more than it gives back, so its a bad trade.

I know im not like others, and i focus on something else than most of you, i really hope ill have some luck illustrate the stuff i experienced here at Williams meet, so i can get some other inputs and angles on this project.

The OPPO 103D do what my OPPO 83 did to me regarding blu ray PQ, and then there is the upscaling and streaming bonus, so its here to stay for a long time, that never happened to the OPPO 93/95 or Denon / SONY / Pioneer players i have.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
thewolfman wrote:

For perfection you will need porch settings to shift out the ringing, but at 1080P 60hz and on the setup as is now, i dont have the desire to mess with it, ill do that when i get it hanging in my HT.

And adding a processor to do the porch settings is always a tradeoff from what i have seen so far.

The best image is for sure running 1080P 60hz HDMI2 out of the oppo, direct into the moome card, putting the Hdfury4 into the chane, give some and take something else.

I know im not like others, and i focus on something else than most of you, i really hope ill have some luck illustrate the stuff i experienced here at Williams meet, so i can get some other inputs and angles on this project.

The OPPO 103D do what my OPPO 83 did to me regarding blu ray PQ, and then there is the upscaling and streaming bonus, so its here to stay for a long time, that never happened to the OPPO 93/95 or Denon / SONY / Pioneer players i have.

You sure are dedicated and looking forward to hear the outcome of this.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
thewolfman wrote:

The Barco seems to be good enough with the stock 1080p timings, the NECs don't like them, but the Barco also has inconsistencies down the sides of the raster, and that makes it abit of a pain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: