Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

EXT-FULLHD V3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: EXT-FULLHD V3 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi Guys,
I have been having trouble getting this unit to work. I can get a good picture using 60hz. If I switch to 72hz I get a very dark washed out picture. I tried the reset and shift but no go. I have left it unplugged for a couple of weeks and am now having another go. I can now get a picture on 72hz by pushing the select button with switch 4 in the K position. When I switch back to 60hz and then to 72hz again I need to push the select button again. I have done the memory reset and tried to adjust the shift following the manual. Still every time I switch from 60 to 72 I need to put switch 4 in the K position and push the select button.
The other problem is the convergence changes and needs to be redone when I go from the HD FURY 1 to the MOOME unit.
No sync change in the MOOME will bring the alignment in to match the settings of the projector using the HD FURY 1.
Any ideas?
The MOOME is being fed by a DVDO VP50.
Thanks
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What projector? What resolution?

A darker picture is usually something with the display. The EXT-FULLHD v3 wouldn't do (and can't do) anything to darken the picture.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: EXT-FULLHD V3 Reply with quote

Hi Kal,
The projector is a XG135 AC. resolution is 1080i at 72. Also tried 960 @72 and have the same problem. I only see the problem when I change away from 60hz. Fit the HD FURY 1 or use the MOOME DVI input card and 72hz works well.
Why does the MOOME EXT-FULLHD V3 change all the alignment and come up as unregistered signal?
noos@xp37+

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: EXT-FULLHD V3 Reply with quote

gregstv wrote:
Hi Guys,
I have been having trouble getting this unit to work. I can get a good picture using 60hz. If I switch to 72hz I get a very dark washed out picture. I tried the reset and shift but no go. I have left it unplugged for a couple of weeks and am now having another go. I can now get a picture on 72hz by pushing the select button with switch 4 in the K position. When I switch back to 60hz and then to 72hz again I need to push the select button again. I have done the memory reset and tried to adjust the shift following the manual. Still every time I switch from 60 to 72 I need to put switch 4 in the K position and push the select button.
The other problem is the convergence changes and needs to be redone when I go from the HD FURY 1 to the MOOME unit.
No sync change in the MOOME will bring the alignment in to match the settings of the projector using the HD FURY 1.
Any ideas?
Thanks

I have this bug at my moome too. Somehow when I change so some resolutions, the moome brings the picture to an offset position. On a htpc, a slight change of scan when closing a fullscreen window is enough to activate this. Then I have to push a button on the moome remote to clear to normal....
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm not sure anymore. It's been too long since I've used one. Hopefully someone else has some ideas...

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
moome

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: EXT-FULLHD V3 Reply with quote

gregstv wrote:
Hi Guys,
Any ideas?
Thanks

hi, gregstv,

1. when you bought the EXT V3, it may be old FW on it. you can ship back to us for renew.
2. there maybe a sync polarity different with HD FURY 1. try to adjust the sync polarity refer the manual.

thanks
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: EXT-FULLHD V3 Reply with quote

Hi MOOME,
I have tried all positions with the sync jumper.
I will send it back for review.
What address do I send it to?
Thanks,
Greg
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, if you have the internal for your XG, why did you buy the external???

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: