Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

My theater is killing me!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: My theater is killing me! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I was supposed to have the wall coverings on by now and I have not even dry-walled! I have been busy patching my roof and coating it in white rubber. 100% pure silicone is damn expensive. But I guess I have to pick my roof right now for my time and expenses if I want to keep the future theater dry. I am so f*cking sunburned!!!
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your roof is killing you, not your theater!

Did you mean that it's killing you that you can't work on your theater?

Winter is coming… In a month, you'll have a lot more time indoors. Wink

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Mr. Green

TV/Projector: Marquee 9501LC / NEC 9PG+

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You definitely don't want any water in your new space, but I get the frustration. If everything would just stop so you could get one weekend in there...

Hope nothing new crops up and you can get it done.

Current Projector Marquee9501LC with PS3 (BLu-Ray) at 1080P LOVE IT! Screen is an Elunevision 120" 4:3 (2.4 gain - no hotspots). (also own a NEC 9PG+)
View user's photo album (28 photos)
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Crabb........that is what I meant.....I want to work on it but am Prepping for Winter...and oh it gets better.....after the roof I have to tackle the moisture. They are predicting a el nino type winter this year. So I need to prep the basement too with a sump pump. That is next paycheck....guess by late October I will be able to hammer at the theater room. FYI Crabb....it gets cold right around Halloween time......maybe a few days before or right at halloween we end up with a snow storm. So be ready sir.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winter right around Halloween, you say? That will be nothing new! We've had several inches of snow a week before Halloween in Iowa. Of course, we also had little sun to warm it back up, and often a healthy dose of wind to make the tolerable temps truly intolerable. We've had plenty of Halloweens where you couldn't see the kids' costumes because they were covered up by winter coats.

Very much looking forward to seeing how we like the winter. If we really get our fill of the winter weather, it's only a four-hour drive to St. George, or worst-case, a short plane ride to Phoenix. Wink

SC
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys further north than Toronto?

We've had hurricanes on Halloween, 70 deg tems, snow, and icy rain. It's a crap shoot. We always hold it though. Thumbs Up

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
Winter right around Halloween, you say? That will be nothing new! We've had several inches of snow a week before Halloween in Iowa. Of course, we also had little sun to warm it back up, and often a healthy dose of wind to make the tolerable temps truly intolerable. We've had plenty of Halloweens where you couldn't see the kids' costumes because they were covered up by winter coats.

Very much looking forward to seeing how we like the winter. If we really get our fill of the winter weather, it's only a four-hour drive to St. George, or worst-case, a short plane ride to Phoenix. Wink

SC

You GOLF?....I make several winter trips to St George a year.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't golf. Definitely another expensive hobby I don't need. For whatever reason, I've never had the interest. Maybe when I'm retired or get a little older. Or not. Wink

SC
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am trying to get more roofing done before winter. Saturday is shot....got tickets to the BYU Vs Virginia game. Should be done by mid October with the whole thing. Slopping on the rubber is not the problem. It's the prep work of gravel removal, scrubbing, and pressure washing that takes a lot of time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: