Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Cedia 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Cedia 2014 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Anyone else going besides Crabb and me?

I will post here what I see that I think is interesting.
paw

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on being there. Since it's in my backyard.
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What day are you going?

Crabb will be at the iRule booth.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, technically the On Controls booth, but… Yeah. Never mind.

If last year is a guide, I'll have about an hour on Saturday right before the show closes to zig-zag back and forth across the floor at ludicrous speed to try to catch the 10 coolest things. Rolling Eyes

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
Well, technically the On Controls booth, but… Yeah. Never mind.

If last year is a guide, I'll have about an hour on Saturday right before the show closes to zig-zag back and forth across the floor at ludicrous speed to try to catch the 10 coolest things. Rolling Eyes

SC

Ummmm, when did that happen? You move half way across the country and change your business name. What else is going to happen this year? Razz

Seriously, I get in late late Wed and leave late late late Sat. I will drop by your booth first thing Thu.
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say hi to the boys at our booth. Moxtek Inc.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
Ummmm, when did that happen? You move half way across the country and change your business name. What else is going to happen this year? Razz

Didn't change the name. Acquired the brand from a partner to market to the CEDIA channel. iRule is now the DIY product, while On Controls is integrator-only for CEDIA channel. Think of it like Onkyo and Integra or Chamberlain and Liftmaster.

Some integrators just won't sell products that people can easily buy on the open market. We talked until we were blue in the face with integrators that they aren't competing with DIYers… If they're DIYers, they aren't your customers! But, it didn't matter. They wanted a channel-only product, and now they have one.

Spanky Ham wrote:
Seriously, I get in late late Wed and leave late late late Sat. I will drop by your booth first thing Thu.

Cool. Hoping to get away for dinner or beers or something at least one night while you're there… So, Thursday night or Friday night or possibly Saturday night before you head to the airport... Any plans yet? AVS dinner?

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digital,
I will stop by.

Steve,
I understand that. I have read that between the lines when talking to some integrators.

You need a new photo on the web site. You have the look of the paparazzi snapping an unsolicited photo. Shocked

As for dinner, I believe there is a Cedia party Thursday night. Mike Garrett invited me to dinner Friday. Not sure who or how many are going. Nothing going on for Sat or dinner Thursday.

I still only have a plane res. I need to get a hotel and car rental. Just trying to get my head around the monster fees for rental cars.
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am at Cedia.

So far, I was unimpressed with the new Epson laser/led pj that retails for $8k. I can see the potential, but not sure I would pay the premium at this point.

The JVCs look great. This was my first viewing of the latest models. They are rolling over last years models. There may be some new pjs coming out at CES, but that is speculation.

I am going to try to get some Atmos demos in today.

I hung out with Steve till about midnight last night. Man, to quote the Last Crusade "He is giddy as a school boy" about his move to Utah.Smile

I will try to swing by Moxtek today. Paw go by and see Steve at the On Control booth. He is kind of in the northwest corner of the convention if you are looking at it from the front door. He is the only tall guy in the booth.
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
I am at Cedia.

So far, I was unimpressed with the new Epson laser/led pj that retails for $8k. I can see the potential, but not sure I would pay the premium at this point.

The JVCs look great. This was my first viewing of the latest models. They are rolling over last years models. There may be some new pjs coming out at CES, but that is speculation.

I am going to try to get some Atmos demos in today.

I hung out with Steve till about midnight last night. Man, to quote the Last Crusade "He is giddy as a school boy" about his move to Utah.Smile

I will try to swing by Moxtek today. Paw go by and see Steve at the On Control booth. He is kind of in the northwest corner of the convention if you are looking at it from the front door. He is the only tall guy in the booth.

I was told today by sales that they were not sure if CEDIA was going to go this year because the guys that do that show had meetings with NASA all week Now is that our X-Ray division or our Optics division, I do not know. However if they are there, say Andy in IT said to get busy and sell something. Laughing And Utah is a grand place to live. Crab and I will grab lunch some day I am sure....but enjoy CEDIA. FYI....Both JVC and Epson use our polarizers.
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You aren't here unless you are under a different name. I looked for awhile before I gave up.

So far Cedia has been interesting. I did more Atmos demos yesterday. I think Pioneer had the most effective demo. With the Oblivion clip, you could hear the waterfall flowing from the left front of the ceiling. It also created a truly immersive sound stage with just five speakers. I am not sure if the benefit would be that great for those with 7.1.

I didn't look at any more pjs. I do want to see the Epson 6030. A lot of people were saying they were more impressed with that pj demo than the laser/led pj.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post pix!
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No good pics. Steve went around with his dslr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: