Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Will Moome Build More for Marquee

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aspec2

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Will Moome Build More for Marquee Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello....Been away a long time. Some bad things have happend like no left leg, missed Cliff's last meet. The worst was when my cable provider activated HDCP in their new STBs. I now have an old Moto watching live but no time shift. I have sent an email to Moome but have no response. Any info?

Walt
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I think Curt is literally throwing out the older version moome DVI boards for Marquees and NECs, those should be HDCP compliant, you just need a HDMI-DVI adaptor, and while they are not the latest and fanciest design but should be enough for cable.
Also, you might want to make an ad in the buy&sell section.

View user's photo album (1 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a DVI card left at $50 plus $5-15 shipping depending on where you are.
aspec2

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an HDMI to DVI-I adapter and a DVI-I to RGBHV converter. It is what quit. Curt, is the card you have HDCP compliant?
JBosch

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine last week from his website and it came yesterday. I wasn't sure if it would actually go through because it shows sold out here.
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well didn't he say this would be his last batch?
moome

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to make a last batch, how many people need?
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see this until now but will respond accordingly.

As you know, my moome V3 might be faulty with not getting a vertical sync with the projector (with the modded MP VIM 03 card) unless I reinsert VIM countless times and for as long as 30 minutes before getting a connection and an image, and sometimes with reinserting the moome itself and not the VIM.

As you know, I already sent both cards to Mike Parker and have him test both cards with his Marquee, and the result is more or less the same.

But, the uncertainty of what he said, and what's actually at fault, your card or his, I need to make an interest to buy yet another card from you. This is because you might not be able to fix the card I have here - if it's got an issue at all that is.

I know you offered to fix my V3 for free (very nice initiative of you) if that indeed was the problem, but we can't know that for sure now can we. Bottom line, spare me one and count me in for one more, if I indeed had to buy another.

Look, if there's a significant up grade to your upcoming V3, I will buy it regardless of my current one. Call it a V4..

And lastly, there is this gnawing feeling that my PC might have something to do with this.. but my 817p@72hz does work with my stock VIM 02 + an early, but not the very first, moome V1. Never ever has it started with a "no vertical connection"..

Thanks! Smile
barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
Look, if there's a significant up grade to your upcoming V3, I will buy it regardless of my current one. Call it a V4..

Hi,

Me too. I would be in for two cards if they were a step up compared to the V3...

Regards,
barclay66
View user's photo album (25 photos)
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:

As you know, my moome V3 might be faulty with not getting a vertical sync with the projector (with the modded MP VIM 03 card) unless I reinsert VIM countless times and for as long as 30 minutes before getting a connection and an image, and sometimes with reinserting the moome itself and not the VIM.

As you know, I already sent both cards to Mike Parker and have him test both cards with his Marquee, and the result is more or less the same.

But, the uncertainty of what he said, and what's actually at fault, your card or his, I need to make an interest to buy yet another card from you. This is because you might not be able to fix the card I have here - if it's got an issue at all that is.

I know you offered to fix my V3 for free (very nice initiative of you) if that indeed was the problem, but we can't know that for sure now can we. Bottom line, spare me one and count me in for one more, if I indeed had to buy another.

And lastly, there is this gnawing feeling that my PC might have something to do with this.. but my 817p@72hz does work with my stock VIM 02 + an early, but not the very first, moome V1. Never ever has it started with a "no vertical connection"..

Thanks! Smile

I have 3 of those Moome Marquee VIM Cards, and 1 of them have the sync issue, its related to noise in the gren channel, another card have a problem with the bit dept on the gren, guess its a digital issue related to the processor.

The last Card is perfect, and there is not much more to wish for regarding picture quality and function.

So ill recommend to get the cart you have fixed.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
thewolfman wrote:

Thanks! Smile

I have 3 of those Moome Marquee VIM Cards, and 1 of them have the sync issue, its related to noise in the gren channel, another card have a problem with the bit dept on the gren, guess its a digital issue related to the processor.

The last Card is perfect, and there is not much more to wish for regarding picture quality and function.

Shipping is about 60$ back and forth to have it fixed, so I will send it back to him. It wont be doing any good here not working anyway. The cards are not here though, but when they are I'll do it.

But, I will buy another card also because I need a spare, and from a marketing standpoint it would be better of for him with an enhanced version like a V4 could be. It doesn't even have to be very upgraded, just a little something something would do.

However, if it gets to be the very last batch of V3, than that works for me to.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
thewolfman wrote:

Thanks! Smile

Shipping is about 60$ back and forth to have it fixed, so I will send it back to him. It wont be doing any good here not working anyway. The cards are not here though, but when they are I'll do it.

But, I will buy another card also because I need a spare, and from a marketing standpoint it would be better of for him with an enhanced version like a V4 could be.

However, if it gets to be the very last batch of V3, than that works for me to. It doesn't even have to be very upgraded, just a little something something would do. But I'll take whatever he comes up with.

Im building a adaptor to put the Sony card in my marquee, and see how that looks, but dont expect it to be possible to make a better card than the one you got when working right.

With the right filters it will pass 200Mhz very very well, and there is nothing else out there i know about douing that.

New model is not always better.. But almost for sure different. Wink
haireez

TV/Projector: Vidikron Vision 1 - Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the new HDMI card support 4K, then count me in even though I'm not sure whether this is possible for Marquee 9500.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might want 2

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
moome

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for everyone's feedback, since I only have G90, I need more feedback for currently V3 HDMI card, so i can know which need to improve.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SONY V3 card works fine in the Marquee, if you do the latest filtering, and remove the gamma part.

I just built a adaptor to test it, and i just had 45min to play with it, but it looks promesing, might even look a bit more dynamic.

It passes a very nice croma signal, and have perfect bit dept, looking on a gray ramp.

So that design seems fine for a new Marquee card.
barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moome wrote:
I need more feedback for currently V3 HDMI card, so i can know which need to improve.

Hi,

Maybe this is asking too much, but here it goes:

- Some kind of simple Color Management System (would require an OSD menu)
- HDMI 2.0 capability
- 3D passive mode (ability to display left or right eye picture only)

Regards,
barclay66
View user's photo album (25 photos)
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like one for Marquee. Hope there is enough interest to make a new badge!
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My preference would be to have it like Stridsvognen writes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: