Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

LC9500 sometimes my top and bottom bow settings are off

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronaldus

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: LC9500 sometimes my top and bottom bow settings are off Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi everybody,

After having done alll the maintenance mods on my marquee and having done a "reset everything"

I have now and then that my top and bottom bow settings are off. I didnt use any recall memory for the moment and nothing is locked.

suggestions anybody?

Regards,

Ron.
View user's photo album (7 photos)
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

A small mod to your control board may be indicated, have a look here:

http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/ElectrohomeMarqueeTechnicalBulletin_TB97-04.pdf
ronaldus

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your advice but I've done that one already.

It's not that the settings snap back into place. I really have to readjust them (as if they were at default again)

Before all my mods I never had that problem (although I kept the bow settings on default until now)

I'll read the manual again to see if i have done something wrong.

Before the mods I had two recall memories one for a cold projector and one for a hot projector to compensate for the drift of the convergence.

Now this is not needed anymore.

I have checked the CMOS batterie and it should be ok.

regards,

Ron.
barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

My Marquee will do the same when I switch it on too early. I always have to wait some seconds until the signal source (in my case the first selected source is an HD cable receiver) is fully stable.
If I'm too fast and get a picture with curved top and bottom, I just shut it off with the remote again, wait for five seconds and then switch it back on. Then the picture is always normal again.
It seems to be some kind of initialization error that can happen if the sync signals aren't fully stable at startup. Maybe this behaviour is different on different Firmware versions (I have 5.0 in use).
I'm using channel presets on the Marquee as I don't use any scaler (just a 4-to-1 HDMI switcher). So I have different settings for the different sources:

- HD cable receiver: 720p/50, long retrace
- BR Player: 1080p/60, short retrace
- Computer: 1080p/60, short retrace, other geometry settings
- Apple TV: 1080p/60, short retrace

Regards,
barclay66
View user's photo album (25 photos)
ronaldus

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barclay,

This could well be the case. I'll have a try when it happens again.

My projector is connected to a set top box and although i switch that one on first it can happen that it reboots to do a firmware upgrade and then signals could be unstable.

Thanks again everybody.

regards,

Ron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: