Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

nec 6 pg plus ceiling mounting angle screws
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mookee

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: nec 6 pg plus ceiling mounting angle screws Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
hi.

just starting to install my now first time ceiling mounted nec 6pg plus and as i live in a building with 3,7 meter high ceilings i find the picture is quite too high for me. there are those angle screws on the mountig thing, and i guess i could do the lowest possible angle to get the picture deeper. but isnt there a point in the manual that says something like "not higher then 11degree " or something, and as the tubes got 11 degree as far as i know, wouldnt that be a problem--! thoughts ?))

a ja and by the way, i know my projector got some cap issues, (no i didnt solve them yet..Wink but why cant i run it on anything higher than 60hz, when the manual tells me about up to 75 hz. as i said before, after a while on power (means being pluged to power, and being used regulary) the pj start working normal and i can run any resolution without greater issues but never more than 60hz so far. would appriciate thouht to that two Wink)

doing the manual step by step guide right now, so i will be here for a while.. just post please...

lg christoph
mookee

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or in other words, can i compansate the angle the mountig thing actually allows me?.. i would guess so!! but, you know.. help please, am stucked at this issue in my step by step until i know that..

V
mookee

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

realy. can i do the highest angle of the mounting thing and will still get a usefull picture, or not. am stucked without knowing :/
hansilili

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

if you tilt your projector too much you will have geometry and focus issues. It is not a good idea to run the keystone correction maxed out, better stop when you hear a cap humming. Also the focus plane of the lenses and the Scheimpflug adustment will lead to poor focus on either top or bottom of the screen.

What you could do if the projector hangs too high is tilt the screen backwards. But better think of a construction to lower the ceiling mount, e.g. by using some 1 m long truss rods (Schwerlastdübel in die Decke, M6 Gewindestäbe rein und daran die Halteklammer hängen). You can also floor mount the projector.

Use the tilt function of the ceiling bracket only for minor corrections or you will end up with poor alingment/geometry and/or grill the convergence board circuits.

Re the frame rate issue, try reducing the resolution or run an interlaced signal. 1080P at 60Hz is too much for your projector. I mainly run 819 lines at 48 Hz progressive or 1080 interlaced.

Best regards
hansilili

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi h.

thanks for your answer. okay, so i guess i will keep it in the basic angle the mounting bracket offers and will try to help myself in another way.. (still asking myself why there is the option of bigger angles in the bracket anyway..but well..may i try it for the hack of it;)

for the 75hz, i run my pj trough a pc, so i figure it doesnt matter what picture rate (prog. or int.) i feed the pj with, as long as i dont go higher than mentioned 1280x1024 75hz on my pc output... so am not shure what you mean.. or do i miss something here??

thank you very much, i was sitting on fire to go on with the installation procedure..)

lg christoph
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not the resolution you need to stay within, its the max H scan rate. V scan rate can go alot higher than 75Hz if the resolution is low enough.

Best options for that machine are 1280x720p at 60Hz or 72Hz, or 1920x1080i at 60Hz.
If there are alot of bad caps on the DEF board, youll see issues getting it to sync to some resolutions. My 9PG just plain would not do some resolutions with a clear image, it was all scrambled. It would do most fine, and it would do 1600x1200p at 60Hz without issue. Aussie_Al's 9PG on the other hand seemed to have no problems syncing to whatever res i sent it, it was apparently owned by GregSTV and it seems he had put abit of work into it, where as mine had all the pots on the DEF board played with, making it very hard to get it to operate as it should.

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
mookee

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi. why 1280x720? i have choosen 1280x1024 @ 60hz now, as i figured it would be a waste of the 300 horizontal lines otherwise.. bad idea??

btw. i have choosen this resolution because, as my ceiling is very high, i come as deep as can with that 1024 horizontal lines..hmm, not shure if thats true now..;

lg c
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because 1280x1024 is a 5:4 format, movies are generally in 16:9 format.

mookee

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesnt the picture get recalculated automaticaly? .. strange thing also is, that circles are in x 1024 real circles without any adjustments and in x720 some kind of eggs..

Last edited by mookee on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mookee wrote:
doesnt it get recalculated automaticaly?

No.
mookee wrote:
strange thing also is, that circles are in x 1024 real circles without any adjustments and in x720 some kind of eggs..

Adjust the amplitude on the projector to get round circles in x720

View user's photo album (1 photos)
mookee

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i guess when playing from dvd and co. through pc or dvd players i can set up the players to get into propper aspect ratio, and some streamplayer can do the trick two.. but in any other cases it would realy suck to have the wrong ratio. also am asking myself what happens if i hock up a ps3.. can it be set up for different the aspect ratios two?

i could just set a second cannel on my pj for the only in 16:9 aka 720 "exeptions".. there arent in fact that many.. .instead of recalibrating the whole pj to 16:9 ratio on 720 now again. i just allready got the centering done and the astigs for the green lenses, based on 1280x1024 @60hz. guess i have to do this again if i reset the whole pj base to 1280x720@ 60hz.. (or is the allready marked center (the 1280x1024 gave me) a propper clue to center the pj tubes @ any ratio, even with tubes on??)

what do u think please?)
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A memory slot on he NEC is connected to the signal timings, so you need to set up as many memory locations as many resolutions you want to use, but you only have to set up astig and raster centering once as it is a part of the mechanical setup procedure.
I think in the plain PG there is no option to copy convergence data, but in the later models this option makes easier to set up similar resolutions.
Also you can have multiple settings (memory slots) for the same resolution, but the projector will lock automatically whichever is earlier in the list, then you can select the different settings from the input list.

View user's photo album (1 photos)
mookee

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah,. its just because the stepbystep says you should decide which resolution you are going to use mainly, BEFORE you do the setup ..and stay with it then... so i was nervous about it. hmm./

thank you )
mookee

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more or less: "..decide which resolution you are going to use mainly, BEFORE you do the setup" - any additional opinions to that anyway?)
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do whatever you like. There is 100 different inputs. Use them all if you want.

mookee

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good news)

thanks
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries

hansilili

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re CRT optimized screen resolution and refresh rates and supposing you are capable to unterstand german I recommend to read this

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool danke! das kann ich lesen;))
Mr. Green

TV/Projector: Marquee 9501LC / NEC 9PG+

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, get a chief mount ( http://www.chiefmfg.com/ ) for high ceiling install. Look at my picture gallery. I was able to drop the projector from my 12 foot ceilings to a normal ceiling height and it worked beautifully for set up.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=716 Even has model numbers.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=721 Connecting to NEC mount.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=733&mode=next Just a normal piano hanging in the living room. Funnily enough, not many people noticed it right away. Would have loved to have had the Vision 1 case on the marquee hung in there.

Had my 9PG+ and Marquee hung from it.

Current Projector Marquee9501LC with PS3 (BLu-Ray) at 1080P LOVE IT! Screen is an Elunevision 120" 4:3 (2.4 gain - no hotspots). (also own a NEC 9PG+)
View user's photo album (28 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: