Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Eisemann-Theater Simulation Grade Tubes better than VW1000ES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 120, 121, 122  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
If what is in the works comes off here Mike, time permitting, i will be willing to do some mods on my equipment under your guidance, although before i will try this i will have at least one complete spare working machine, which could happen soon.

Ok, I will be willing to work with you if you'll have a second set. And since that will be happening sometime soon, I'll need to send you a few parts to start with. They will be needed to make some general changes, and since i have plenty of them, no concern about cost for them.

Capacitors you would have to get yourself and a few IC's of different part numbers. I'll get you up to speed on all of this later.

I also have a few pictures of one board with the changes already made to it. The two video boards are a competed mod. the only area we'll need to look at making changes to is the neck boards, which I've already done some work to already on the 909
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mike, there is a potential that me and another bloke local to me will obtain 6 more working sets, all 909s, but the deal isnt done yet.

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mike, there is a potential that me and another bloke local to me will obtain 6 more working sets, all 909s, but the deal isnt done yet.

Great, let's make this happen. Let me know when you're ready.

I'm also giving thought on the G90 mods and doing them the same way.
Francisco

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
If what is in the works comes off here Mike, time permitting, i will be willing to do some mods on my equipment under your guidance, although before i will try this i will have at least one complete spare working machine, which could happen soon.

Ok, I will be willing to work with you if you'll have a second set. And since that will be happening sometime soon, I'll need to send you a few parts to start with. They will be needed to make some general changes, and since i have plenty of them, no concern about cost for them.

Capacitors you would have to get yourself and a few IC's of different part numbers. I'll get you up to speed on all of this later.

I also have a few pictures of one board with the changes already made to it. The two video boards are a competed mod. the only area we'll need to look at making changes to is the neck boards, which I've already done some work to already on the 909

Wow, this all is very helpful I hope you guys can work something out together. I know a few people that really know a lot about Barco's on a technical engineers level. Maybe they will accomplish to raise BW and other improvements. But to be honest at this point I'm really not complaining about PQ, and I'm fine as is for now.

@Stridsvognen, the 1:1 pixel mapping option for the crystalio was a very useful tip for 817p@72hz, my adjustments used to be 16:9 with the SMPTE pattern I found out that this was wrong and horizontal lines overlapped. with 1:1 option they are know clearly black and white.

sorry for iPhone pictures Laughing

before

after

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if nothing else, that does look very sharp to me Wink

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:

Great, let's make this happen. Let me know when you're ready.

I'm also giving thought on the G90 mods and doing them the same way.

Will do mate Wink When i know whats going on i will let you know and we can see what we can achieve here Smile

Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should start a new thread. Unfortunately, you are probably better off writing this thing off and buying a digital pj. The JVC is going to take a lot of time and effort to get running. It is more of a hobby project than a set up and forget.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
You should start a new thread. Unfortunately, you are probably better off writing this thing off and buying a digital pj. The JVC is going to take a lot of time and effort to get running. It is more of a hobby project than a set up and forget.

Agreed. This thread is hard enough to follow, so I split the posts about the JVC ILA help off to a new thread for further discussion. Stevenpronovost, you can find your thread here:
JVC ILA-12K EC12K assistance needed...

Cheers,
SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Diddern

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francisco wrote:
mp20748 wrote:

Wow, this all is very helpful I hope you guys can work something out together. I know a few people that really know a lot about Barco's on a technical engineers level. Maybe they will accomplish to raise BW and other improvements. But to be honest at this point I'm really not complaining about PQ, and I'm fine as is for now.

@Stridsvognen, the 1:1 pixel mapping option for the crystalio was a very useful tip for 817p@72hz, my adjustments used to be 16:9 with the SMPTE pattern I found out that this was wrong and horizontal lines overlapped. with 1:1 option they are know clearly black and white.

sorry for iPhone pictures Laughing

before

after

Nice sharpness on your 909 mister.
+1
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HQF900 !

These are superb

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about chromatic aberration on the Sony VW500/600 and VW1000 units which were upgraded to VW1100.

Sample: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/Chromatic_aberration_with_detail.jpg

Anyone seen that too ?

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTopo wrote:
I read about chromatic aberration on the Sony VW500/600 and VW1000 units which were upgraded to VW1100.

Sample: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/Chromatic_aberration_with_detail.jpg

Anyone seen that too ?

Not anything I have heard.
Use the VW1000/VW1100 forum, better than here a CRT related forum. Wink
Diddern

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTopo wrote:

Anyone seen that too ?

There have been some errors after the upgrade. One of the things is this chromatic aberration ,Positive is that you get a 100% new VW1100.
Hope that happens with mine hehe.
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you do the upgrade to the VW1100 ?

Because it's only in a certain time frame ?

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTopo wrote:
Why would you do the upgrade to the VW1100 ?

Because it's only in a certain time frame ?

Sorry late answer mr ElTopo

I do the upgrade because it easier to sell a vw1100 than a vw1000 when that time comes.
Also get the hdmi 2.0 that is req. for full 4K.
And that I want to keep it some time more and enjoy all the new feature that comes with the new upgrade.

And in Norway the upgrade costs 4 times the price in the US. Not fair hehe.

And like you have seen on another forum I think. You also know that I have seen a JVC RS 20 together with a Barco 909.
And the HD feeling in every aspect of the picture on the rs20 was extremely EXTREMELY better at all. So much better on the JVC I was shocked (NB JVC RS 20 Old digital far from the newer digital today even with a new bulb you get it for maybe 1000dollar or less)
Do not go into detail not wort it here.

This tread is just to advertise new tubes/mods for sale with dirty methods. "And even on Curtpalme" And should be reported.

This is my opinion and a correct way would be to compare with a original CRT. Because if you like CRT you want to get it better.
Andreas21

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTopo wrote:

Anyone seen that too ?

How can chromatic abberation change after a main board upgrade? Chromatic abberation is caused by the lens and the lens of the VW1000/1100 is one of the best on the market and has close to zero chromatic abberation. Convergence error can be seen on some VW1000/1100 but all the different units I have seen has very good convergence, but these projectors have covergence adjustment of 0.1 of a pixelwith so you can easily adjust it if there is bad covergence. But we have to think when adjusting convergence as it is not just positive as it can affect sharpness and resolution. A 0.5 adjustment is the worst one can do as this makes the picture slightly softer, so if you have 0.5 pixel convergence error it is best to adjust it to 0.2-0.3 and accept the slight error as it is impossible to see such a small error from a normal seting position.

The VW500 I have seen had bad convergense and could not be adjusted to acceptable levels, but this was a demo unit and it is transported from different testers all the time and is not treated very good.

What I also have seen on the VW1000/110 is that the convergence can be bad when the unit is just started, but this is corrected when the projector is warmed up after about 10-15 minutes.

Some upgraded unit has had some problems, but this is fixed by Sony and most has gotten new units so it is nothing to worry about. My VW1000 is in for the uprgade right now and I will check it very thoroug when it returns and I will not accept anything different from before the upgrade.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the VW1100 / VW300 and the latest JVC today.

My personal opinion: Stay with a high end 9 inch unit or buy one.

Sony cons:

- lack of a good black level
- motion flow looks like a computer game
- costs way too much
- 4K blu-ray specs ready ?

Sony pro:

- bright

JVC pro:

- good black level in comparison to the Sony

JVC cons:

- no native 4K panel.

BR909 pro:

- BLACK LEVEL at its best
- no pixels
- no motionflow
- film like image
- image depth

ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Oh another digital/CRT pissing match!!!! Shocked Twisted Evil

I see you didn't list any cons on the Barco. How about it doesn't do 4k or even pseudo 4k? or calibrated lumens is about 1/3 the JVC and even less compared to the Sony.

Did you compare all three pjs on the same screen?
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i mentioned this is just my personal opinion.

Barco cons:

- big and heavy
- gets louder on higher resolutions
- no plug 'n play
- lack of parts

In the last 5 years two of my digitals died so you can throw them away.

The Barcos are 10+ and still running. That is Performance.

ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTopo wrote:
As i mentioned this is just my personal opinion.

Barco cons:

- big and heavy
- gets louder on higher resolutions
- no plug 'n play
- lack of parts

In the last 5 years two of my digitals died so you can throw them away.

The Barcos are 10+ and still running. That is Performance.

ElTopo

You live so far from reality. But I have no interest of trying to make you change your crt.
What you own is your chose.
And you have no clue about today's new models.
And to say that jvc have about the same black level as a sony lol.
The new jvcs have better shadow detail than any Crt. And any sony.
Have every other aspect possible in a picture faaaaaar better than any crt.
Almost or about the same black that you talk about and the Sony so far from.
But just info to you.
Live in your time. And don't bother writhing things that you think.
I know what I write here and they are 100% fact.
But you never will find that out. Because you are to blind to see.

But you are right on some crt stuff.
Here is the absolute fact.

Positive
Crt fantastic black when no info in picture.
Crt fantastic motion resolution (compared with blueray against any hi end digital today not visible. Even better on some digitals)
but motion resolution and input lag fantastic on crt.

That's about it..... With positive..

Negative on crt:
Unsharp/ soft
Poor debt compared
Poor punch compared
Extreme poor ansi contrast sh*tty
Showing very poor 1080P compared
Poor poor dynamic
Show poor images when bright pictures.

I stop there. No use to continue you need to find this out yourselves when the time is right.

Just proove me wrong.
Sorry my English Norwegian
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 47 of 122
Jump to: