Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Setup for an XG750
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Polarity of sync makes no difference on an NEC.

I know what you were saying, and what i am saying is i allready knew that from discussions weeks ago. You still seem to be missing the point that your sets are 0 series, and mine is a 2 series, hence, not the same. The first 2-3 numbers are totally irrelevant, its the final number that matters.

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
The fact youre getting simular focus on two different tubes means very little, who did the astig? Who did the focus? How was it done? With what was it tested?

And what about my findings? Smile

Your findings are also 100% void, because your XG has obvious problems that so far im led to believe you have not repaired. Until you get that set working as it should be, then how can your findings mean anything at all? You compared a perfectly working 09 tubed XTRA to a problematic 07 tubed XG and found the problematic XG to have considerably less than adequate performance compared to what other XG owners have seen and shown here.

gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Setup for an XG750 Reply with quote

There is no missing the point. It was a bit of information that the XG135 and the XG750 will work with 08 or 07 tubes. This has nothing to do with you or your projector. Where did the 09 tubed EXTRA come from?
As I said in an earlier post the switching off problem was fixed. It was the H deflection board. As for the not accepting 72 or 96, it is a problem with the Moome. The HD Fury works fine, so yes the projector is fixed.
Lets just say that the 07 tubes are better than the 08 tubes.
Greg
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
The fact youre getting simular focus on two different tubes means very little, who did the astig? Who did the focus? How was it done? With what was it tested?

Your findings are also 100% void, because your XG has obvious problems that so far im led to believe you have not repaired. Until you get that set working as it should be, then how can your findings mean anything at all? You compared a perfectly working 09 tubed XTRA to a problematic 07 tubed XG and found the problematic XG to have considerably less than adequate performance compared to what other XG owners have seen and shown here.

But because mine has a bandwidth problem, it should focus fine! You know even a 909 can be sharp even though it lacks on bandwidth side Smile

View user's photo album (1 photos)
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Setup for an XG750 Reply with quote

gregstv wrote:
There is no missing the point. It was a bit of information that the XG135 and the XG750 will work with 08 or 07 tubes. This has nothing to do with you or your projector. Where did the 09 tubed EXTRA come from?
As I said in an earlier post the switching off problem was fixed. It was the H deflection board. As for the not accepting 72 or 96, it is a problem with the Moome. The HD Fury works fine, so yes the projector is fixed.
Lets just say that the 07 tubes are better than the 08 tubes.
Greg
wasnt aimed at you, hence i quoted the person it was aimed at.

When you say "XG135" youre leaving the most important number off. Itll either be 1350, 1351, or 1352.

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
gjaky wrote:

But because mine has a bandwidth problem, it should focus fine! You know even a 909 can be sharp even though it lacks on bandwidth side Smile

Yeah, but how can you compare a perfectly working machine with one that clearly has an issue? My 852 doesnt show the same issues your XG does, so there must be something wrong with it.

Remember the image you posted of someone elses XG doing a pretty near perfect 1080p at 72Hz? If his can, yours should too!!!

gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
gjaky wrote:

Yeah, but how can you compare a perfectly working machine with one that clearly has an issue? My 852 doesnt show the same issues your XG does, so there must be something wrong with it.

Remember the image you posted of someone elses XG doing a pretty near perfect 1080p at 72Hz? If his can, yours should too!!!

Well right now I only know about a bandwidth problem on my XG, but the scanlines are less noticable in 1080i, than it was with the PG Xtra, no matter what I do.. Actually I'm on the fence to return using 720P since rigth now there is nothing my XG do well about 1080i.

Yeah I posted a screeshot from MikeEby's setup at 1080p72Hz, funnily enough I've found an other (earlier) thread where he posted also a screenshot which wasn't nearly as ideal, and he even complained how poor the performance is, but I didn't find any information on what changed between the two shots.

View user's photo album (1 photos)
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be worth you going 1080p and seeing what you can do eh?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: