Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Rear Projection TVs tubes

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tschaeikaei

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Rear Projection TVs tubes Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello, I wonder if someone got some info about the tubes in rear projection TVs.
Are there types that can be used in front projectors?
Maybe we start a little data collection, wich type of tube (and if LC/AC, Lens type, color correction..)
is build in various RP TVs.
I'd like to find some replacement tubes for my Marquee 8500, and RP TVs are selling very cheap here.

Hope there are some with EM focus that fit.

Thanks, Julian

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very few RPTV was EM focused, and you can't use ES tubes there. Most of these TVs were equipped with 5"-7" tubes, very few were with true 8"-9" tubes.
For me it seems people don't care about 8" tubes anymore, if you are patient you can get cheap original tubes sooner than later.

View user's photo album (1 photos)
tschaeikaei

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but currently the 8" and 9" are expensive.
Do you know any specific model of rptv that uses 8 or 9" tubes with EMF?

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only RP sets that were EM focus that I know of were retro Barco 808, NEC XG RP and Marquee RP sets. Not many out there , I have used a Barco RP 808 for 12 years now.
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tschaeikaei wrote:
Yes, but currently the 8" and 9" are expensive.
Do you know any specific model of rptv that uses 8 or 9" tubes with EMF?

Ha, Curt, you didn't mentioned the AmPro retro sets Smile

In conventional RPTV I think only some top of the range Toshiba had 9" tubes, but not sure about EMF, and I don't encourage this idea at all. I would think really few RPTV models would meet the requirements, and you'd still have to find one of them in a good condition. It's simply very unlikely, you have better chance on lottery...

Besides I wouldn't say 8" tubes are expensive, some people ask a lot of money for them, but in fact I've seen already a few 7+ condition marquee tubes here in the forum that have been sold for ~20$/tube in the end because the lack of interest, I also remember a recent post where a forum member expressed that he has great 8" tubes for marquee that he would probably toss because probably nobody would want it. You might want to make an ad in the buy and sell section, you may never know your chance Smile

As for Germany I loosely follow the CRT related ads on e-bay.de: half a year ago a high hour marquee 8000 (tube pics showing 8+ condition on all tubes) went around 10€; 7+ condition tube set for NEC XG LC (which is not good for marquee, but actually much harder to find in good condition) with an extra set of C-elements sold for 33€, the expensive 8" tube days are over...

View user's photo album (1 photos)
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you weren't overseas I would give you first dibs to a set of 8inch tubes I am getting
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: