Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: ChromaPure Video Calibration Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
ChromaPure now supports the retail (boxed) version of the Display 3 meter
July 8, 2013

Fulfilling one of the most often-requested features, ChromaPure now supports the retail (boxed) versions of the X-Rite Display 3 colorimeter (aka i1 Display Pro III). It is available through Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, and other retail locations and includes X-Rite's i1 Profiler software meant for PC/Mac monitor calibration.

Existing ChromaPure users may download the latest 2.4.2 version from our ChromaPure order page here:

http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

Looking for increased accuracy? Consider a Display 3 PRO. We take the standard meter and substantially enhance accuracy by carefully calibrating it for 10+ different display types. Achieve colour and white point accuracy that in most cases exceeds that of the EyeOne Pro spectroradiometer. Existing meters may be recalibrated in our lab or you may purchase the PRO version up front.

When someone needs to choose a single sub-$1000 meter for video calibrations, the Display 3 is the number one choice as it offers professional grade performance at a price affordable to the amateur hobbyist or enthusiast. No other single meter even comes close.

Paired with ChromaPure you have an intuitive, very easy to use package that suits both beginners and professionals alike. ChromaPure came out on top two years in a row now as “Best calibration software” at HomeTheaterHiFi.com.

Support for life is included in all ChromaPure software packages. There are no yearly maintenance or support fees. Our Display 3 meters are not physically altered so they continue to work with any third party software that supports the meter.

The Display 3 is also fast enough to do completely automated calibration using ChromaPure Auto-Calibrate with a Lumagen Radiance video processor. Anyone with little or no training can now calibrate their display to professional standards in just minutes.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.4.3 has been released

Release Date: August 5, 2013

New Features:

- Added support for the 5% grayscale point (12-point grayscale) to the Lumagen Video Processor Control Toolbar. This makes manual adjustment of the sometimes critial 5% grayscale/gamma point much easier.

- Added support for a new version of ChromaPure--ChromaPure Lite. This version of the software offers fewer features than the standard version at a lower price point.

Improvements:

- Selectively adjusted the aggressiveness of the Lumagen auto-cal grayscale routine. Overly aggressive corrections had resulted in unsatisfactory results at the low end of the grayscale.

- Improved the interaction between grayscale and gamma in the Lumagen grayscale auto-calibration corrections.

- Added interactive checks to the Lumens Calculator. This prevents users from attempting to calculate a value without first entering all of the necessary data.

- Added an interactive check to prevent a fatal exception when the user attempts to take a measurement without first initializing a meter.

- Added an interactive check to prevent a fatal exception when the user attempts to take a measurement with signal generator support without first properly setting up a signal generator.

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed problems with the proper implementation of BT.1886 gamma in the ColorChecker Module.

- Fixed a problem with Lumagen auto-cal in which the Echo command would not be turned off prior to the start of the calibration. Failure to disable the Echo feature prior to running auto-cal would produce unsatisfactory results.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.4.4 Release Notes

New Features:

Added support for the Lumagen 729-point gamut calibration. This feature is available for free to existing Advanced Auto-calibrate users. The 729-point calibration is only available on the Lumagen Radiance 20xx series.

Enhancements:

Improved the scaling on the Excel reports and also added support for reporting of BT.1886 gamma.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.4.5 Release Notes

New Features

- The 75% of Rec. 709 gamut is now available throughtout the software, including for reporting.
- We added support for 5% and APL test pattern windows to the Lumagen video processors.
- We have added support for the Video Forge signal generator. To use this you must run the free Proxy software Fiddler (http://fiddler2.com/) in the background.

Enhancements

- We have improved the methods used for Lumagen auto-cal that will especially enhance performance for displays with initial large measured errors.
We added support for Measurement Smoothing in the Meter Correction module.

Bug Fixes

- We have fixed the Measure All macro in the Advanced Color Management module.
- We have improved the stability of the Gamma module when using Continuous mode.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.5 Release Notes

Improvements

- Advanced Auto-Calibrate. We have completely reengineered the Lumagen grayscale/gamma and 125/729-point color auto-calibration capability. The new engine is vastly improved over its predecessor.
- Speed: Before a 729-point color calibration would take about 3 hours. The new engine completes the process in as little as 30 minutes. A 125-point color calibration now requires only about 6 minutes. Grayscale and gamma will now complete in 3-5 minutes. These estimates assume a Display 3 or Display 3 PRO colorimeter. A Klein K-10 will finish even faster.
- Precision: Grayscale now results in dE values below 1.0. The gamma response can often look like it was drawn by a ruler. Color dE values will also typically fall well below 1.0 dE.
- Reliability: The new method is much more reliable and requires less maintenance from us and fewer technical support requests from users.

It is now possible to get a nearly perfect grayscale, gamma, and 3D multipoint color calibration in less than 15 minutes. Current users of ChromaPure Advanced Auto-Calibrate will receive this upgrade free of charge.

This add-on is only available to owners of the Lumagen Radiance line of video processors. The Lumagen Mini 3D supports 125-point color calibration and the 20xx series supports up to 729-point color calibration.

- ColorChecker. We have added support for 14 skin tones from ColorChecker SG and two custom skin tones developed in house. Added to the two skin tones already included in the standard ColorChecker, ChromaPure now offers the ability to measure and evaluate 18 separate skin tones.
- We made some minor improvements to ChromaPure's VideoForge signal generator support.
- We added a Save button to the Lumagen Video Processor Control Toolbar. This makes it easier to save the changes made using the toolbar.

Bug Fixes

- The DVDO Duo Auto-Calibrate routine was not resetting the color points to their default at the beginning even when that option was selected. This has been fixed.
- The Lumagen 8-point color auto-calibration was broken in a previous version. This has been fixed.

To download see here:

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.5.1 Release Notes

New Features

- Added support for the new DVDO TPG 4K Signal Generator.
- Added Support for ColorChecker data to Excel Report.
- Added support for switching PRO corrections and Meter Corrections on/off. Corrections are on by default.

Enhancements

- Made a variety of small UI changes to the auto-cal module.
> To improve speed, measuring post-calibration 125/729 colors is now optional.
> Users are encouraged to use Advanced Color Management and the ColorChecker modules for post-calibration reporting for 125/729 color calibrations.
> Added support for Reset to Lumagen Factory Default.
- Added a couple of additional test patterns to the Video Forge signal generator.
- Improved repeatability for some meter modes at low light levels.

Bug Fixes

- Fixed a variety of problems arising from the support of 75% of Rec. 709 as a Reference Gamut.
- Fixed support for older signal generators that cannot display RGB triplets.
- Fixed a problem with BT.1886 gamma in the auto-cal module. We removed the override checkboxes and replaced this functionality with the existing BT.1886 panel in the Options module.

To download see here:

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.5.3 Release Notes

This is a small maintenance release primarily focused on improving the built-in test patterns.

New Features

- We have added support for the Minolta CS-2000 reference spectroradiometer.

Improvements

- The built-in test patterns now appear without any scaling at a pixel-for-pixel 1920x1080.
- The internal test patterns now will appear automatically on the extended display. Just setup the extended display prior to starting ChromaPure. If you enable the extended display after starting ChromaPure, the test built-in test patterns will appear on the primary display. Just drag onto the extended display, right-click and select Maximize.
- The built-in test patterns will now function in the ColorChecker module like any other test pattern. You no longer have to click twice for the test pattern to appear.

Bug Fixes

- We fixed a problem with the DVDO TPG signal generator not working properly in the Advanced Color Management module.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heads up! ChromaPure Standard now includes two (2) meter licences as part of the base price. Add a second spectroradiometer to keep your workhorse colorimeter accurate (read how/why)...

Kal

Last edited by kal on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Heads up! ChromaPure Standard now includes two (2) meter licences as part of the base price. Add a second spectroradiometer to keep your workhorse colorimeter accurate (read how/why)...

Kal

Thats great news !!!!

Best way to keep your displays looking great!!

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
nhcrew6

TV/Projector: Epson 8700UB, Panasonic 60U54

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased my chromapure standard on june 24, 2014. At that time I only had an id3. If I were to purchase an i1 pro rev d on ebay could that meter be added to my license at no charge. Or is this 2 meter option designed for new software purchases as of 7/21.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nhcrew6 wrote:
I purchased my chromapure standard on june 24, 2014. At that time I only had an id3. If I were to purchase an i1 pro rev d on ebay could that meter be added to my license at no charge. Or is this 2 meter option designed for new software purchases as of 7/21.

I've sent a note off to Tom to confirm this for you.

Cheers,

Kal

TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Existing owners can get support for a second meter at no cost.

TV/Projector: Epson 8700UB, Panasonic 60U54

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt feedback. I look forward to adding a i1pro to my license in the near future.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.5.4 Release Notes

New Features:

- Added support for the Lumagen 17x17x17 (4913 colors) LUT calibration
- Added support for the Colorimetry Research CR-100 professional colorimeter.
- Added support for the Minolta CL-200 colorimeter
- Added a Test Gamut report. This report is available to all ChromaPure Standard users. It measures a broad sample of the gamut (215 colors) and generates a report that describes performance throughout the gamut. Use this to determine whether the display requires an LUT calibration. Running this report only requires an active meter and signal generator. The built-in signal generator may be used.

Improvements:

- Inspired by the need to support the new 17^3 Lumagen LUT, we implemented a much faster method for advanced auto-calibration. The new method reduces the time required to run an advanced auto-calibrate session by more than half. Using an i1Display Pro the time required to cycle through one pass of the color matrix is now approximately:

125 Colors: 6 minutes
729 Colors: 28 minutes
4913 Colors: 194 minutes

When using a Klein K-10a or CR-100 the time required is now:

125 Colors: 3 minutes
729 Colors: 13 minutes
4913 Colors: 90 minutes

- We added support for additional gamma targets in the Gamma module.

Bug Fixes:

- When selecting the 75% of Rec. 709 Reference Gamut, the Advanced Color Management module remains fixed at Rec. 709.

Known Issues:

- If, for whatever reason, you want to run Advanced Auto-cal more than once, we recommend that you close ChromaPure and then re-start between attempts. There is a as-yet-unidentified problem when performing multiple runs of advanced auto-cal during the same calibration session. We are investigating the problem and hope to have a fix in a future release.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.5.5 Release Notes

2.5.5 primarily fixes bugs and refines previously released features.

New Features

- We have added an OLED (White) mode to the list of PRO corrections that are used with the Display 3 PRO and other colorimeters.

Improvements

- We increased the precision of the DVDO TPG video generator by upgrading from percentage values to 16-bit video code values.
- Advanced Auto-calibrate now detects the specific Lumagen model and activates only those color matrix sizes supported by the model.
- The speed of grayscale/gamma calibration in Lumagen auto-cal has been increased.
- We provided a new reset option to Lumagen auto-cal that leaves the grayscale/gamma setting unchanged for those who prefer to do this manually. If you select this option, then grayscale/gamma auto-cal is not available.
- We added an option to the Gamut Test Report that allows use without a signal generator. The user will provide test patterns from a Blu-ray or DVD disc and the application will automatically take measurements at user-defined intervals.
- We added a progress bar to the Gamut Test Report.
- The window size used in the Built-in test patterns was reduced to about 6% to avoid gamma errors near 100%.

Bug Fixes

- We have fixed the initialization problems with the i1Pro 2.
- We have fixed the Front Projection mode initialization problem with the i1D3.
- We have fixed a problem with the AccuPel in which it would freeze after displaying test patterns selected from signal generator toolbar.
- We fixed gamut errors in Advanced Color Management when EBU was selected as the reference gamut.
- We fixed formatting errors in the Advanced auto-cal dE report chart that would show numbers exceeding 100%.
- We fixed the white reference value the in ColorChecker module when using the Built-in test pattern generator.
- We fixed dE errors that appeared when running Advanced Auto-cal with BT.1886 selected as the target gamma.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 3.0 Announced

ChromaPure 2.5.5 will be the last 2.x release. ChromaPure 3.0 will be released in the first quarter of 2015. It will provide the most substantial upgrade in ChromaPure's history.

Starting today (12-18-2014), anyone who purchases a new ChromaPure license will be entitled to a free upgrade to version 3.0 upon release. For existing customers, the normal price to upgrade from ChromaPure 2.x to 3.0 is $79 (our CurtPalme.com discounted price will be $75). Upgrades from ChromaPure 1.x to 3.0 will be $99 (our CurtPalme.com discounted price will be $95). These prices apply to all levels of ChromaPure (Lite, Standard, Pro).

More details forthcoming! Sign up to our newsletter to be notified, or subscribe to this thread.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.5.6 Release Notes

This version of ChromaPure simply fixes a problem with the grayscale component of Lumagen auto-calibrate.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.5.7 Release Notes

Improvements:

We changed the "Reset to Factory Default" option in Lumagen auto-cal to work in the YCbCr mode.

Bug Fixes:

We fixed a problem with the "Reset calibration settings to default" in Lumagen auto-cal that would result in inaccurate pre-calibration values.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.5.8 is now available for download

New Features

Added support for the Colorimetry Research CR-250 spectroradiometer
Added support for the Spyder 5 colorimeter
Added support for the Display 3 II colorimeter*
Added a control panel in the Options module for the Display 3 colorimeter that provides the user with extensive control over the performance of the meter.
Added luminance to the Meter Correction module.

* The Display 3 II is a Rev B of the X-Rite i1D3 colorimeter. This meter includes new hardware/firmware features that support refresh rate synchronization (must use the AIO read mode). This requires the user to point the meter at a 100% test pattern during initialization.

Bug Fixes

Fixed a problem with the DVDO TPG signal generator outputting PC values in some modules.

To download see here:

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Support for displays that light with Quantum Dot technology (what Sony brands as "Triluminous") has been added to the Display 3 PRO. A Samsung SUHD display was used as the test display.

Contrary to some posts you may have on the 'net, the Display 3 has no special difficulty accurately reading a Quantum Dot display, at least of the Samsung variety. Even without the PRO correction the Display 3 errors are not huge (around 0.006, or 2.7 CIE94) when reading an SUHD panel, similar in magnitude to what you get with standard LED displays.

To add Quantum Dot correction to existing Display 3 PRO meters, the meter needs to be recalibrated. The corrections we offer address not only the differences in display technology but also meter-to-meter variation, which is very real. When we add a new correction mode, the user needs three things to take advantage of it: A new license (the older license won't recognize the new mode), the latest build of the software, and a new meter calibration. We have to measure the new display technology using your meter to apply a valid correction.

The normal fee for a full meter recalibration is $175. However, for existing customers who just want the new correction mode and are not interested in a full recalibration, the cost is $50. Email us at ChromaPure@CurtPalme.com if interested.

Quantum dots are different than white LED phosphors and emit in much narrower bandwidths. This can allow for a wider color gamut when the emission peaks are well-aligned with the RGB filters employed in the LCD.

More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_dot_display

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: