Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

IFB-FULLHD v3: Sony HDMI 1.4 Input Card REMOTE QUESTIONS and

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanjesq

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: IFB-FULLHD v3: Sony HDMI 1.4 Input Card REMOTE QUESTIONS and Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Can anyone explain how the following work on the Moome Remote for the following:

The "D" button: I know that the D button switches something. Is it the link or input on the card? If so are there just two setting for the corresponding HDMI inputs?

The #4 button: I know it is "color space". How many color spaces are within the card?

And, while not a Remote question, my experience with the card is that it does not hold its settings on the input and the color space, i.e. the "D" and #4. Has anyone found a fix for this or is this just a quirk of the HDMI and the card.

I am using same on a Sony GL 70. Once I manually do the switching, everything is great. Am I to anticipate going through the switching as long as the system is using the IFB-FULLHD v3: Sony HDMI 1.4 Input Card
??

Thanks
alanjesq
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should read the manual.

http://www.moomecard.com/moome-old/images/stories/moome/IFB-FULLHD/ifb_fhd_v121.pdf

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
alanjesq

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reading the manual Reply with quote

If I told you how many times I have read the manual, you would not believe me. Perhaps you would be kind enough to point me to where the "D" and "4" keys are answered specifically to my questions. This old man would be very grateful to you for so doing.

Looking forward to your response, I remain
alanjesq
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at page 7 of this manual. It shows what all the functional buttons do on the remote. The D button does not do anything.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/files/moome_sony_fullhd_ifb_207.pdf

craigr

Moome Sony FULLHD-IFB.PDF
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Moome Sony FULLHD-IFB.PDF
 Filesize:  629.46 KB
 Downloaded:  522 Time(s)

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
alanjesq

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
Look at page 7 of this manual. It shows what all the functional buttons do on the remote. The D button does not do anything.

craigr

I can tell you for sure that the "D" does something. I believe it changes the "links" or "inputs" on the card, but I am not sure. My assumption is that the D key has two settings, since the card allows for two HDMI inputs, but again not 100% certain.

Similarly, the explanation in the manual for the #4 key does not say how many "color space" settings there are and that is the thrust of my inquiry.

With respect, my questions are very specific. I do hope some other forum members may be able to answer my questions listed above. I do thank you for taking your time to respond.

alanjesq
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure to look at the most recent version of manual, available on our order page here:

http://www.curtpalme.com/IFB-FULLHD.shtm

It says the "D" key function is "Output sync process on/off" with the following note:

When yellow LED on, you can use
display key to adjust output sync
polarity

Which manual to use would depend on which card you have I would imagine.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanjesq wrote:
CIR Engineering wrote:

craigr

I can tell you for sure that the "D" does something. I believe it changes the "links" or "inputs" on the card, but I am not sure. My assumption is that the D key has two settings, since the card allows for two HDMI inputs, but again not 100% certain.

Similarly, the explanation in the manual for the #4 key does not say how many "color space" settings there are and that is the thrust of my inquiry.

With respect, my questions are very specific. I do hope some other forum members may be able to answer my questions listed above. I do thank you for taking your time to respond.

alanjesq

I don't think you understand what color space is. There are three standards for color space in HDMI; RGB, YCbCr 444, and YCbCr 422. Those are your choices. Button 4 will automatically select the correct color space based on the HDMI info frame coming in on the HDMI video cable. Buttons 5, 6, and 7 force the card into one of the three color spaces in case the card can't read the info frame correctly from the HDMI source. Buttons 4, 5, 6, and 7 were added to the card specifically because I told Moome that it was a feature I needed for my clients. On earlier revisions of the cards those buttons don't do anything.

What do you think button D is doing? What happens to the image when you press D?

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter

Last edited by CIR Engineering on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I thought he had the older version of the IFB before the 3D sync output was added...

I posted the wrong manuals for you because I thought you were using an older version!

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
alanjesq

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the explanation. I am concerned that if my Remote goes down, I will be SOL. I very often have to use the "D" key and the #4 key to get a picture. I have asked Mr. Moome about purchasing a second remote as a spare, but he has not replied as of yet. Do you happen to know if the Sony itself has a key on its remote for color space, or is that a function of the card exclusively??? I can manually click on the Card for what I think is the "D" key, but I am not sure of that either. I sure would like to have a second remote as a spare.

Again Thanks
alanjesq
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The D key is for the 3D output on your card and shouldn't do anything for your picture.

I also don't understand why you are having to repress the 4 key. It should be press once and forget it.

I suggest that after you set the card the next time that you cover the IR sensor on the card with electric tape. You might have another remote or IR source in the room that is changing settings on the card. Either that, or the card might have a problem and need to be sent back to Moome.

I also have spare new Moome remotes here if you do need one... but you really shouldn't.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
alanjesq

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great suggestion. When I went home for lunch, I taped over the IR receiver and turned on the set. The picture came through very well with no adjustments necessary, except for switching to and from the U verse box to get a good handshake. I thank you very much and will see how it goes. I do have lots of emitters in my video room which are activated by my Crestron Controller for various functions.

Thanks much. I have read several posts about errant IR signals, but did not think to cover the IR.

alanjesq
PS: Will think about the spare remote. Curious as to what they would cost me????
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanjesq wrote:
Great suggestion. When I went home for lunch, I taped over the IR receiver and turned on the set. The picture came through very well with no adjustments necessary, except for switching to and from the U verse box to get a good handshake. I thank you very much and will see how it goes. I do have lots of emitters in my video room which are activated by my Crestron Controller for various functions.

Thanks much. I have read several posts about errant IR signals, but did not think to cover the IR.

alanjesq
PS: Will think about the spare remote. Curious as to what they would cost me????

Glad I could help.

Remotes are $15 plus shipping (shipping isn't much USPS if you are in the USA).

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
alanjesq

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to buy a remote from you. Please give me purchase instructions. The tape over the IR trick did not last for long. I am going to need a remote for as long as the Sony has life.

alanjesq
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: