Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

ColourHCFR doesn't see my i1 Display meter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pm

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: ColourHCFR doesn't see my i1 Display meter. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
As per the title, even though I definitely have the onedisplay DLL and the colourHCFR exe file in the same directly.

I believe the meter is supported and it works OK with its own software. Am i missing something else?

Any help gratefully received please!

Cheers,

Paul
pm

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody???

Puleese?
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it this meter.?

http://www.xrite.com/i1display-pro

Then i have it working with the latest HCFR.. Plug and play on my laptop, no messing around.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hcfr/
pm

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. ...

No, it's the original i1 Display. I also have the later i1 Display 2 as well. Neither show up in HCFR.

Did you have to move DLL files around at all?

Cheers,

Paul.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm wrote:
Thanks for replying. ...

No, it's the original i1 Display. I also have the later i1 Display 2 as well. Neither show up in HCFR.

Cheers,

Paul.

With Those tri stimulus meters they have to be no older than a year and even then they may not be accurate.

It is best to also have a Spectroradiometer like the i1 Pro or Color Munki Spectro ( not the Color munki tri stimulus).

Older used one can be found for as little as a couple hundred dollars on ebay. And that is cheap compared to 1200 new!!! Also they hardly ever drift so you can profile your i1D to the i1 Pro and use it as they are faster than spectro's.

Athansios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm wrote:
Thanks for replying. ...

Cheers,

Paul.

No dont move any files anywhere, i had to do that with the original HCFT and the spyder probes.
pm

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys,

Though I still don't know why HCFR cannot see my i1 Display !!

I took on board previous comments about these cheaper ones drifting quickly to the point of uselessness. I think that's what happened with my original Display meter.

I took a gamble on a newer Display2 and that seems to be giving me sensible(?)results.

It shows up OK in X-Rite software and in the free CalMAN Studio Colorchecker software, so why not HCFR??

Arghhhhh!!!!
pm

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Answered my own question.... Reply with quote

Sorted now...

Found the answer in the wiki for the program....

It was slightly more involved than dropping a DLL in the right directory, but still quite simple when led by the hand!

A more expensive meter sounds like the ideal candidate for a group buy when you have enough enthusiasts needing one in a given area.... I suppose there's not enough peeps interested these days though.... hey ho..

Paul
Arcsaber

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Answered my own question.... Reply with quote

pm wrote:
Sorted now...

Found the answer in the wiki for the program....

It was slightly more involved than dropping a DLL in the right directory, but still quite simple when led by the hand!

A more expensive meter sounds like the ideal candidate for a group buy when you have enough enthusiasts needing one in a given area.... I suppose there's not enough peeps interested these days though.... hey ho..

Paul

For those who can't be bothered with the wiki, here is the procedure (which I just tried successfully):

1. With the i1 connected, uninstall it and delete the drivers - this is important, because if you don't, the next time the i1 is plugged in it might revert to the older drivers.

2. Install the latest HCFR version (3.2.2 as of writing).

3. Plug the i1 in and point the OS to the "HCFR Calibration/Drivers" folder for the drivers.

The i1 should now work with the latest HCFR.

My i1 is now listed as "GreytagMacBeth i1 Display 2" in HCFR, rather than simply "Eye-One", and appears as an Argyll device in Windows, rather than X-Rite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio & Video Calibration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: