Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Need VCR Connection Help.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
larryp wrote:
Ok Thanks. Got it hooked up. I can play a tape fine. But for some reason when I record now, I don't get any sound when I play it back.
I have audio hooked up to my stereo in video 2 jack. there's sound when I record, just not on playback. Maybe the direct tv box isn't connected right? I need to play with it more.

Do you have a pair of RCA plugs hooked up to the RCA outputs white&red to the Sony switcher? Do you have the switcher's output connected to your receiver for sound?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

switcher isn't connected to my stereo. never tried it that way in the past. I have the vcr going to video output 2 on the receiver. I run the dvd, cd, 3DO etc etc directly into the stereo receiver for sound
I think I need to get audio from the direct tv box into the vcr
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry,

The DirecTV receiver should have two sets of line-level red/white audio outputs. One probably already goes to your AV receive. The other one will go to the VCR audio in (sometimes labeled REC or Record). Then, the the VCR audio out (sometimes labeled PLAY or Playback) will route to your AV receiver to an unused input.

That way, you can get audio from the DirecTV receiver independent of what you're doing with the VCR, but also switch to the VCR.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

larryp wrote:
switcher isn't connected to my stereo. never tried it that way in the past. I have the vcr going to video output 2 on the receiver. I run the dvd, cd, 3DO etc etc directly into the stereo receiver for sound
I think I need to get audio from the direct tv box into the vcr

You need to connect the VCR to the receiver for sound. How do you have it all connected right now?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Larry, by fluke someone is selling a Sony 1271 and switcher with that line doubler in it for $250 locally:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/nvn/ele/4331122608.html

I've emailed him to see if he'll sell the Moome card separately if no one wants the package. Who knows if he'll respond. My guess is that the seller might know me, since he most likely bought that card through my site. Offhand, I don't know who it is though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: