Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

R.I.P. HDMI0 Port on my Moome XG-Full HD board :-(

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HD-DAVE

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: R.I.P. HDMI0 Port on my Moome XG-Full HD board :-( Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Watching Inception last night on my XG and all of a sudden lost the image - was cabled to the HDMI port 0. LED on the left side lit up in red. Switched over to port 1 and luckily it still works. Today i spent half and hour going over the board with a microscope/20x/30x magnifier and found what look to be two "factory" flaws; first thing i noticed was pcb damage around one of the 8 pin surface mount resistor packs on one side of the board - the fibreglas around the copper pads for the pack are strangely "chewed out"...very weird, but all traces looked ok though. Then I found what was more likely to have killed it...there was a tiny thin curved metal fragment less than 1/8" long that was jammed at one end of the pcb connection to HDMI0...was resting between the end most pin and the metal frame...may have been like that for years since manufacture, or maybe it got ingested into my xg somehow.

Does anyone know a way to interrogate the board so i can find out what the fault is ?

I am a little uncomfortable being down to only one working port - and a potentially compromised/weakened board - has anyone got a spare XG card they would want to part with ?

Thanks,
Dave
HD-DAVE

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG... cancel red alert. HDMI0 is still working after all. For years i had been simply powering on the XG, pressing 4 on the remote and the image from the moome came up abra cadabra style. I had kinda forgotten about the fact that there was a remote for the moome...found it and after switching the cable over to HDMI0 and pressing the 1 and 2 buttons i have an image again.

Whew what a relief !

Thinking back to last night i think i was changing the vol up or down when i lost the image , the IR from my reciever remote may have triggered the moome card by accident...which is weird tho because the moome card is not even in line of sight.

...Dave
winny

TV/Projector: BD808s, BG1209/2

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the IR dilemma. Have you ever had a laptop with IRDA standing in the room and all of the sudden your TV starts to switch channel, turn off, eject your VCR and those kind of things? I though I was haunted or the receiver of an elaborate practical joke before finding out about the laptop.
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had similar issues with the color space being changed on the Sony input cards. A client does something in the room with another remote and all of a sudden the colors on their screen are all wrong.

I would get that small metal fragment off the board though Wink

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: