Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Best Universal Remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gumdoc

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Best Universal Remote Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Any suggestions on a good remote to use? I currently have a URC MX-850 which is fine but a bit daunting to program since it was set up by an AV person who is no longer available to me. I've heard good things about the Logitech Harmony, any other suggestions?
HK-Steve

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500, Epson 8100

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Logitech remotes,
Been through 5 different models.

URC are way better at macro's, learning individual IR commands. total customization, with IR and RF control.
The 850 is limited in graphic display, as it is text based, but is simple to use.

Yes, The software takes some time to learn, but once mastered, the sky is the limit.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also iRule. If you already have a tablet, then the cost isn't bad. My brother just gave me a Galaxy Tab 2 that I will use for this purpose when the time comes.
hypergonar

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a proton IR 800 and I'm very pleased with it
beun

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Philips Pronto is an amazing remote, virtually unlimited programming capabilities. Most of them aren't made any more but available used on Ebay.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: HK Steve Reply with quote

Thanks so much for you help! I have another question.... My remote is already programmed with a few of the components. When I use the editor software will it reset the remote or will the current settings remain? I just want to the new projector and Apple TV to the remote but I don't want to lose all the other data. Any advice? Thanks again!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still have the MX850, if so, just make sure you upload your remote to the program, so all of your data is saved, do you have all of the correct cables to do so. I would also check to see if your projector is on the IR data base list, otherwise you will have to manually program every button from your new projector remote to the MX850.

Good Luck Rich
xthunder

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been awhile since I program my MX-850 and I am trying to get the software again from Steve so I can re-program Smile

Yes, what rarcha said is correct the the software is the remote-perspective so, you want to "upload" so the editing software has what your current remote has in it. Then go ahead and make a copy just in case(save as) then go ahead and edit it. Once you are done, you want to "download" then try it out~
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: