Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

High output HT PJ formerly: sprotscar that will tow a boat

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPHSystems

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: High output HT PJ formerly: sprotscar that will tow a boat Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Yes, I know, high output PJ for a HT. Its' for a customer that has never had a PJ before.. It's for a multipurpose room (game room) He wants to watch the game with friends some times and use it for HT other times. I tried to explain to him that if I use the high gain screen that he read about, he would have a bright silver bar across the middle of it..... Part of me is thinking that I should just give him a presentation PJ then tell him how wonderful it looks and just hope he believes me after watching it. my budget would probably top out at $3,500.

Last edited by MPHSystems on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MPHSystems

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Projector central says this meets my requirements, any thoughts?

http://www.projectorcentral.com/epson_3020e_home_video_projector_review.htm

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What requirements? All you've indicated is that "He wants to watch the game with friends some times and use it for HT other times.".

Any projector will do that.

P.S. You may want to change your thread title - the only reason I read this thread is because I thought it was a SPAM post (as it has nothing to do with digital projectors).

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
beun

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWWkysK7FGo

I bet a boat would work too

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
What requirements? All you've indicated is that "He wants to watch the game with friends some times and use it for HT other times.".

Any projector will do that.

I understand that, I am looking for something that will do both at least moderately well. I have a benQ 777 that I am going to loan him for a week (coffee table setup} just to gauge his expectations.

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a benQ 777 that I am going to loan him for a week (coffee table setup} just to gauge his expectations.

That's probably the best idea. Since you don't know what his expectations are to begin with, it's hard for you to have any concrete requirements, so it's impossible for anyone to make suggestions.

We also have no idea what his room is like.

If he wants to watch with some lights on then it all depends on the room. It's all about judicial light placement to avoid light (other than the projector) hitting the screen. Having darker walls helps too. I have what's considered a fairly low light output digital and can have a good picture with many ceiling pot lights on because the room is tuned for this (dark walls, indirect lighting, etc.)

Depends on how you define "high light output" too.

you haven't given screen gain, or screen size either making suggestions difficult.

So besides what he deems a "good quality" image, it really depends on many things that haven't been provided yet.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
MPHSystems

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't decided on the screen probably a grey plus 1.3 db. I need to get a copy of the prints since the last revision because I think the room has grown.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the problem has been solved. We have decided to install an 80" LCD with a 119" motorized post tension screen in front of it we are going to use compas control over raidioRA lighting and shade control, I will program it so that it wont even let him run the pj without the room darkened. I start rough prewire today and have 14 days to compleat it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: