Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

New 100" LASER PROJECTOR by LG 6inch throw distance

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayAllan

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: New 100" LASER PROJECTOR by LG 6inch throw distance Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Have you guys seen this?

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-HECTO-laser-tv?gclid=CL3ZksWawrsCFfPm7Aod_0UAUw

The video presentation is really interesting!

I really wonder about the picture quality! If it is good this will truly be a revolutionary leap in technology.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Looks like it already showed at CES 2013 this past January. I haven't heard anything about it until your post though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv07DM_mFho
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That is some seriously cool technology. The projector sits nearly underneath the screen, only 6" from the screen wall, and projects up at a steep angle. The screen has tiny reflective surfaces that bounce the light coming from below out to the user -- and it rejects light from basically any other angle. Brilliant! They say you can watch it in a fully lit room. Their video even shows watching it with direct sunlight hitting the screen, but that may be advertising hype.

If this really works, it would be a game-changer. This is what big-screen projection TV is supposed to be. It's currently $9k for the projector AND the rocket-science screen -- not at all out of line compared to some of the high-end digital projectors & screens people already use. If that price drops appropriately as the technology matures, it could get affordable for the less-than-wealthy-enthusiast pretty quickly.
HogPilot

TV/Projector: Vizio P702ui-B3, Pioneer Elite Pro-151FD & 111FD

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this in person twice, once in a bright Carrefour, the other time in a dark room. It's DLP-based, so it's what you would expect from a DLP in terms of sharpness, uniformity, and contrast. The projector was about average brightness, so in a normally lit room I think it would work for sports, but not for watching TV shows or movies. I also didn't care for the texture of the screen, which was visible from normal viewing distances. Personally for this amount of money one could get a normal front projector with a DNP Supernova or SI Black Diamond screen and have a much larger and brighter image. I think the only benefits are the incredibly short throw distance, and of course the laser-based light engine that should be very stable over its long life.

He's mad at us for making Hog a moderator. He took his ball and went home.

SC
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that about a year ago when i was researching Laser tech. But VDC has a similar system. Marquee 7000 or something

Here I found it

http://vdcds.com/site/products/product-sub-1/marqueehd-ssl7000/

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
HogPilot

TV/Projector: Vizio P702ui-B3, Pioneer Elite Pro-151FD & 111FD

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VDC system appears to be significantly dimmer at 400 lumens per unit and is LED-based; the LG system claims 150 nits with its laser-light source, which is the equivalent of about 1300 lumens on a 1.0 gain 100" diagonal screen. The former seems to be aimed more at data/office applications whereas the LG is aimed at home installs.

He's mad at us for making Hog a moderator. He took his ball and went home.

SC
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: