Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony DVP-CX777es error code "C32 00"

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
betatester

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Sony DVP-CX777es error code "C32 00" Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Even after making sure the carousel is clean and clear on my DVD Changer, the error code does not go away, and the door opens and closes several times and the unit shuts down. There is no movement of the carousel.

All diagnostics I ran using the service manual all came out cleat, except that "Drive Auto Adjustment" gets stuck. So it seems all I need to do is clear this code.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated... Smile Smile
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you unscrew the cover itself and check? I have the same unit and this only happened when a disc got jammed behind the door, I couldn't see or feel anything at all until I opened it up.

Either theres an obstruction like a disc, or the carousel is getting hung up on something else like the disc mechanism in the back left corner.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy112 wrote:
Did you unscrew the cover itself and check? I have the same unit and this only happened when a disc got jammed behind the door, I couldn't see or feel anything at all until I opened it up.

Either theres an obstruction like a disc, or the carousel is getting hung up on something else like the disc mechanism in the back left corner.

Thanks, jeremy !

Yes, I opened the case and disassembled the carousel. There is no OBVIOUS obstruction I can see. I ran a full diagnostics using the service manual. The electronics side appears OK, but the disk movement gets stuck..

1. Do you know anything about the door switches? The door motor appears to strain a little bit when the door has already closed, like it it still trying to close the door.

2. I read elsewhere, if the carousel is unobstructed, one needs to reset/clear the error code to get things moving. Do you know anyhting about that?

Thanks again.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't fix carousel changers, I tried when they were worth something, but they drove me nuts! One thing to check (if it uses them) is the small belts from the motor to the carriage/carousel. Almost all of them use at least one, and they stretch over time. That might do it.
betatester

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to fix it !! after some reading of the service manual. I could tell the door was the problem from my description in the previous post, as I suspected, since there was no blockage anywhere with the carousel. The door etc. needed to be completely dismantled, and then the "starting" point arrows realigned (this was key), and the teeth meshed with the gears. The door was way almost 1/4 of its way forward (or backward!) from the staring groove. Once reset, this allowed to the door to "signal" it was completely closed via the door switch which seems to be governed by the position of the door driving gear, and hence the carousel moved.

Essentially, the door was never going through to the end of its "closed" state.

Thanks jeremy for your moral support, since you replies did not make me feel alone with my little problem !!!!!!

PS: That's why some reply is better than no reply. It helps !
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem betatester,

Glad you were able to fix it, the DVP-CX777ES series of changers is a good line, really not many issues. The most notable would be the laser lens not reading discs, but that was only one one CX777ES I came across. My personal CX777ES has never had any issues, hopefully it will stay that way.

Enjoy your carousel! Mr. Green

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy112 wrote:
No problem betatester,

Glad you were able to fix it, the DVP-CX777ES series of changers is a good line, really not many issues. The most notable would be the laser lens not reading discs, but that was only one one CX777ES I came across. My personal CX777ES has never had any issues, hopefully it will stay that way.

Enjoy your carousel! Mr. Green

Yes, I can say that the audio via coaxial is quite superb. I am going to use it mostly as a CD player, with a slink-e or Escient (I have both, and cannot decide!!)... I am very partial to vinyl over CD, and original CD over any of the e-portable formats. I swear by vinyl but will compromise on CDs. Wink

I upgraded from a CDP-CX355 so I can sell that !
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spambot above^^^
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHERE?!? Laughing

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
adam7ski

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
adam7ski

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
adam7ski

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: