Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

JVC DLA-RS10, so hard to find!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melifluonze

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: JVC DLA-RS10, so hard to find! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I see a bunch of JVC projectors around, but not the RS10. I have one, and I'd like to find a second one (for the right price), but they seem to have vaporized!

Are they like, amazing, or something? Were they unreliable, and just failed?

I thought they were the bottom of the pile in terms of specs so everyone would want to upgrade and we'd be floating in them in the used market (relatively, of course)...

- Melifluonze

We STILL don't need no stinkin' 7.1!
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been reading about some panel problem on that series of JVC projectors.. Seems like they dident last forever.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom of the pile? Not at all. The RS10/HD350 is a nice evolutionary improvement over the earlier RS1 and RS2. Good machine.

I haven't heard of any particular panel issues with that generation projector - at least nothing beyond the typical issues with every generation.

I think the reason you don't see them used is because they're still a pretty good projector. I know several guys that are still very happy with their RS2-generation machines, and don't see the point in upgrading. When they do go up for sale, resale is still typically pretty good with the RS1/RS2-gen machines being in the $700-900 ballpark, and the RS10/RS20 generation a grand to $1250.

I think I could get close to two-grand for my RS45, and I didn't pay a lot more than that for it.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: