Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Bias question

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_in_peace_

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Bias question Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi!
I am using a Sony G70 and I wonder what the difference is between increasing the brightness and increasing the three bias values? Will it be the same result on the gamma?
and is there a recommended value for bias like on the gain? (start out with blue gain on max)

Thank's!
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

G2 bias is 400 to 600 volts dc to propel electrons out of the gun, and briteness is a dc level within the video amps driving the guns. Gamma is a low end boost, usually applied to blue, to correct the non-linear response of the blue phosphor. I am sure someone more of an engineer will step in and declare me an idiot Smile
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Bias question Reply with quote

_in_peace_ wrote:
Hi!
I am using a Sony G70 and I wonder what the difference is between increasing the brightness and increasing the three bias values? Will it be the same result on the gamma?
and is there a recommended value for bias like on the gain? (start out with blue gain on max)

Thank's!

Schysta bilder!

Till sist: Trist att matchen blev en förlust, var säker på att vi skulle klara noll-noll. Men icke.

Last edited by thewolfman on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Bias question Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
Schysta bilder!

= make photos?
View user's photo album (25 photos)
winny

TV/Projector: BD808s, BG1209/2

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bias question Reply with quote

barclay66 wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
Schysta bilder!

= make photos?

=nice photos

Oh, and if you need a crash course in Swedish, there is always mastering Swedish. Freakin' hilarious!

[url]
http://www.google.se/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCwQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D66fULfwb2X4&ei=jI-GUr_fNMuZ4gSVqYGQBg&usg=AFQjCNE85PrjKPcqAltx84eepnpl-uXO3A
[/url]

Last edited by winny on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5318&start=940

I meant the photo of the last Swede made Smile
_in_peace_

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micke lätt språk faktis! Very Happy (very easy language in fact)
_in_peace_

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman how is your G70 going? Any scoop setup yet?
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_in_peace_ wrote:
Wolfman how is your G70 going? Any scoop setup yet?

Oh, I have a scoop set up to but currently not running due to a little part needed to be changed to keep the voltage from drifting and ruining the tubes prematurely. I should have that part within the next 2 weeks. But is a marquee though.
_in_peace_

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have problem with the lowest end of the 16-235. When lifting it the image get a foggy look but the lowest dark gray scale is visible. So its a bit of a compromise what to do. 16-235 and foggy image or 26-235 and a super clear image with real depth in it.

Is this a standard phenomenon on CRT projectors?
AFryia

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Bias question Reply with quote

_in_peace_ wrote:
what the difference is between increasing the brightness and increasing the three bias values? Will it be the same result on the gamma?

Same but different, brightness is global to the image BIAS is specific to that color. If you want decent gamma without a VP keep the contrast <70.

_in_peace_ wrote:

You can start at the factory recommend however Bias and Gain are unique to every machine. If I recall right my blue is also less than 255.
View user's photo album (33 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: