Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

OPPO 103D thread.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: OPPO 103D thread. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Just noticed that OPPO have made a new model with Darbee, but most important.. They changed the Qdeo chip, so maybe it can output a native signal with no sharpness or other problems.???

Maybe there is a chance that i can get a new player that will match the old OPPO 83 Smile

OPPO seems to go very discrete with the removal of the Qdeo chip..

OPPO BDP-103D is the first Blu-ray player to feature DarbeeVision. The 103D sees the Marvell Qdeo video chip replaced with an Altera Cyclone IV chip which incorporates the Darbee Visual Presence processing. There is also the addition of a Silicon video chip which features VRS Clear View technology. Aside from these two primary changes, the 103D resembles the 103EU.

http://www.audiocominternational.com/latest-news/2013/09/oppo-103d-blu-ray-player-incorporates-darbee-visual-presence-technology/

Last edited by stridsvognen on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you like the Qdeo Chip? It is in my LG BH 200 and to be honest I like the image a bit better from the LG but the lack of updates made me go to the Oppo, if LG kept doing updates id never had gotten the Oppo.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Why don't you like the Qdeo Chip? It is in my LG BH 200 and to be honest I like the image a bit better from the LG but the lack of updates made me go to the Oppo, if LG kept doing updates id never had gotten the Oppo.

Athanasios

Im not sure its the Qdeo chip, i just find the 93-95 looking hard flat and artificial comparing to the 83, i have not done any serious testing with the 103, but there has been some talk about some isues with the source direct out of the 103

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432162/official-oppo-bdp-103-owners-thread/4680

And wonder why OPPO changes the Qdeo chip so discrete if there is no isues.. Normaly they would print VRS on the front, and writing about it.

Its not mentioned anywhere on OPPO.com that i can see.

I realy wanted to keep the oppo 93 when i bought it.. But it just anoyed me.. And bought both the 95, and the Cambridge to be sure it was not a isue with just 1 player.

The new machines is faster got more fetures, no ventilator.. i realy wish i would like the image.

I have to say, im not sure you will notice the difference on a CRT projector.. I did all the testing when i used my JVC.

Last edited by stridsvognen on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh

ok

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://watershade.net/wmcclain/BDP-103-faq.html
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered the new OPPO 103D today Very Happy

Im exited to see it.

Also got a used Denon DVD A1UD a few weeks ago, not tested it much yet.. Damn its slow, and it will not output 4:2:2
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been playing with my new OPPO 103D for some time now.

Its a nice player, and its the best Netflix streamer i have seen to date, and i tested a few DVD discs, and it looks good.

I have found a few problems, 1 is that it sometimes changes color space to RGB, even i have set it to output 4:2:2.

It can be corrected setting it to RGB in the menu, and then back to 4:2:2.

The other thing is that there is a croma error/ roleoff on HDMI 1 out, HDMI 2 looks perfect to me, im quite sure this can all be fixed with a firmware, as it will make a perfect croma multiburst out of HDMI1 setting it to 4:4:4
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the 103D have a way to turn on and off certain scaling features for each HDMI output individually?

I think it does. Look in the menu and se if you can mess with each HDMI settings individually . Might need to turn something off on the one.

Nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Doesn't the 103D have a way to turn on and off certain scaling features for each HDMI output individually?

I think it does. Look in the menu and se if you can mess with each HDMI settings individually . Might need to turn something off on the one.

Nashou

I did a factory reset, everything is off, and i tested all adjustments to , up Down.

I cant find anything changing the croma burst.

Im quite sure its a firmware bug, also that the color Space output have its free will.

Im in contact with OPPO, lets see what happens.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thing is bloody $900 here in Australia, is it that much better than a pretty good Panasonic Bluray player?

What output options are there at 1080p? Does it have a 72Hz output?

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thats cheep, its like 1100$ here.

Cant coment on the Panasonic player, never had one, but i like the 103D

No it dont do 1080P 72hz, no player do.

It do have a nice picture, a blu ray image is not just a blu ray image, they dont perform the same at all.

Not meaning that a cheep player cant be just as good.

I also installed the OPPOMOD PS in mine.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For $1,500 i could get the 105, but i didnt look to see what is different.

The Panasonic i have was a big step up in image quality over my early model Pioneer, and it loads the discs very quickly. The problem with the Panasonic is there is only one HDMI output and no 3D glasses sync output connector, so i have to run the HDMI via the H/K amp, and use the PC for 3D

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The model without Darbee is $699, and the model with Darbee is $899... Is it worth the extra money for the Darbee model?

ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, you guys get ripped off in Oz. The 103 is $500 here, so with the exchange rate, it should $534 there, or $550 at worst. Why the hell is it $700??!?!?

I have the standard 103, and it's a really nice player. Too damn expensive IMHO, but very nice. As for the Darbee, for my money, I'd rather buy a separate Darblet and put it inline between switcher and projector so I could apply the Darbee processing to any/all sources without routing stuff through the Oppo. Costs an extra $100 that way, but that would be my preference. Plus, if you upgrade BD player in 3-5 years, the standalone Darbee could stay where it is instead of having to spend the money again in a BD player. That's my thought on it, anyway.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not get the 103D for the Darbee, but to get the one with the VRS chip instead of the QDEO, some say the D model do better SD upscaling, dont know why that is. As i belive thats all done in the Mediatek chipset, at least it should not have the problem on HDMI 1 out as the QDEO model, where its not possible to pass a untouched signal.

With the few DVD movies i have seen, ill almost tempted to say that the 103D is better than my Denon DVD A1XVA Lumagen Radiance combination, seems to have smoother deinterlacing and scaling, and better color resolution.

Cant say if it holds all the way, but i for sure was surprised, and very very pleased with it.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Qdeo ever since i first saw it in my LG BH200.

One Smart Dog!!!

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
I love Qdeo ever since i first saw it in my LG BH200.

Lol i hate QDEO ever since i did see it first time in the OPPO 95, and later the 93 and Cambridge BD 651.

I found the picture artificial and flat, kind of over detailed and sharp.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
Man, you guys get ripped off in Oz. The 103 is $500 here, so with the exchange rate, it should $534 there, or $550 at worst. Why the hell is it $700??!?!?

I have the standard 103, and it's a really nice player. Too damn expensive IMHO, but very nice. As for the Darbee, for my money, I'd rather buy a separate Darblet and put it inline between switcher and projector so I could apply the Darbee processing to any/all sources without routing stuff through the Oppo. Costs an extra $100 that way, but that would be my preference. Plus, if you upgrade BD player in 3-5 years, the standalone Darbee could stay where it is instead of having to spend the money again in a BD player. That's my thought on it, anyway.

SC

Well you can apply the Darbee settings to all because its got an HDMI input Wink

The reason it is dearer here is we dont have the same number of consumers willing to pay $500 for a bluray player, the taxes here are different to yours, and import duties are also applied to these items here differently to they are there.

Unless the US model is suitable for use on 230v supply, id require a step down tranny as well, and those arent cheap for a good one.

Im more interested to know if the Darbee will be of benefit to me using it on a CineMAX.

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know how that occured...

Andy_34

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: WiFi Dongle Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

the Oppo 103 comes with a WiFi Dongle. Is it possible to use this in a normal PC as a WiFi Dongle?
Where can i find the right driver for windows xp and vsta?

Greets
Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: