Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco Cine9 impressions with internal Moome card
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronaldus

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi Again,

I ignore your remarks about my computer because that was not my question anyway.

About the moome: I thought it was based on the internal one for the marquee (with modifications suggested by MP).

It would be nice if I could get that test pattern so that i can check my own projector.

Regards,

Ron.
View user's photo album (7 photos)
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronaldus wrote:
Hi Stridsvognen,

Where do you get that test pattern from.

I would like to test my 9500lc too to see how far I'm off because is till need to do some mods and I think my sharpness is not as good as yours The smallest lines are one pixel of on in a 1080 screen?

Mike
I have a moome V3 ext so if i understand this one has also not the best bandwidth? I compared it with a direct vga output of my macbook pro (2007 model) and the moome was sharper.

Regards

Ron.

I don't have any experience with any of the "EXT" Moome devices, so I'm not aware of their bandwidth performance.

The Moome should do better than any video out from PC or Mac. The reason being the filters on the PC card that I mentioned earlier a few post back, so I can understand the Moome being sharper. The V3 version of the Moome could have my modification and that would explain why you see the difference.

1920X1080P requires a "specific" filter in its reconstruction network in order to properly pass both bandwidth and speed for 1920X1080P one pixel test. A PC card that would be able to get this right every time would need to have a tunable filter that would change for every change of the resolution. Especially when doing the higher resolutions.
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronaldus wrote:
Hi Again,

I ignore your remarks about my computer because that was not my question anyway.

About the moome: I thought it was based on the internal one for the marquee (with modifications suggested by MP).

It would be nice if I could get that test pattern so that i can check my own projector.

Regards,

Ron.

I was told that the EXT also had the same filters the internals used.

Use the SMPTE RP 133 pattern in Digital Video Essentials.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronaldus wrote:
Hi Stridsvognen,

Where do you get that test pattern from.

I would like to test my 9500lc too to see how far I'm off because is till need to do some mods and I think my sharpness is not as good as yours The smallest lines are one pixel of on in a 1080 screen?

Regards

Ron.

Im using the testpatterns from DVE HD BASICS.

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Video-Essentials-Basics-Blu-ray/dp/B00ADJG56Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1381650001&sr=8-3&keywords=hd+basics

The small lines are 1:1 pixel on of running 1080P with custom timings in my Radiance, to do 72hz
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comment about the Ext MOOME being as good as the Internal MOOME is one that is possibly true if you own a low end machine, but you own a 9500LC and although its only a Marquee, its still a bloody good machine, and will easily show you the limitations of having too many stops along the way in your video chain.

ronaldus wrote:
Hi Again,

Ron.

You might ignore it, but its a fact. Ask any computer hardware techs. There is two of them here:

AnalogRocks wrote:

Steve in 3....2....1...

High 5! Mr. Green

Laughing

km987654 wrote:
CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Macbooks are kid's toys at best, PC is an acronym for "proper computer"...

+1 Laughing Thumbs Up

...and they know exactly why i say it Wink

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comment about the Ext MOOME being as good as the Internal MOOME is one that is possibly true if you own a low end machine, but you own a 9500LC and although its only a Marquee, its still a bloody good machine, and will easily show you the limitations of having too many stops along the way in your video chain.

Whats your experience with Marquee 9500LC.? And running it via EXT mome, VS int moome.?
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None, my experience is with internal Vs External MOOME. We have been through this a few times already, and from the shots posted by Mike its quite clear how capable the 9500LC is. It is clearly a good enough projector to show the difference. Or do you want to tell me its not really that good?

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None, my experience is with internal Vs External MOOME. We have been through this a few times already, and from the shots posted by Mike its quite clear how capable the 9500LC is. It is clearly a good enough projector to show the difference. Or do you want to tell me its not really that good?

""The comment about the Ext MOOME being as good as the Internal MOOME is one that is possibly true if you own a low end machine, but you own a 9500LC and although its only a Marquee""

Just wonder how you can make a coment like this not having any experience with what your talking about.

I think you should concentrate about showing us the difference in your reference source chain, VS the EXT moome, so we can see if its a bandwidth thing or something else.

But first you need a projector with bandwidth.. Wink
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wake up!! I just said its a good machine and youre arguing the fact!!! Unless you want to tell me its a s*** projector then what's your problem???

How many friken times do i have to state how and what i tested? How many times do i have to test the internal Vs External MOOME before you will consider my experience valid?

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of talking to an ex of mine, could say it 5 times and she still didnt get it!! Laughing

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wake up!! I just said its a good machine and youre arguing the fact!!! Unless you want to tell me its a s*** projector then what's your problem???

How many friken times do i have to state how and what i tested? How many times do i have to test the internal Vs External MOOME before you will consider my experience valid?

Sharpness is many things in a image, and i miss to find out if its a calibration isue, bandwidth isue.. Doubt that, or just noise.

I think its a bit more complex then just you saying it is so.

And regarding the Marquee, i dont think your the right one to coment about how good or bad it may be, if you never had your hands on one.. Your just guessing.. Let people knowing about it handle that.

Whats interesting in this thread is a guy with a Barco that cant even get cloce to resolve 1080P. And seems to know about everything about everything. And coment on all posible combinations of gear he never even know about.

Not to be rude, its just how it looks from over here..
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made som testing here, i tested HDFURY 2 and 3. Crystalio 3800. Calibre Vantage HD2 using the RGBHV input on my Marquee..

None of them was able to resolve 1080P 60hz when douing the DA convertion.

Only thing that did the job was the radiance and moome int. running 1080P 72hz

I used a cheep 25$ HDMI splitter, to strip HDCP, it performed fine, not able to see any difference when using it.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant get close to resolve it? What pics are you looking at? I took mine with an iPhone, not a proper camera. Im also using a rough painted wall and not a proper screen....

Ive been here on this forum for a number of years, seen a number of well respected people state how good a 9500LC is, seen countless people post lots of high quality pics, i think that makes me a little more than "just guessing"...

Since you own two of them im really amazed youd be this keen to argue with me about me saying they are good, if i said they were terrible i could completely understand, but im not.

And further more, HOW MANY F***EN TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS!!!! THE INTERNAL MOOME CARD IS GREAT!!! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD AND READ WHAT IM SAYING!!!

Im not going to bother replying to you any more until you can understand what is being said. We go through it god knows how many times and you STILL cant follow....

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sorry for not following you.. im not arguing agains that the marquee is great, and not against the INT moome being great, im doubding that the EXT is being as sh*tty as you claim, and wondering if its just your setup, or your skills setting up the moome who is failing.

Can you post the picture again and explain me what you see, and how that show your Barco can resolve 1080P?

But keep up reading on the forum so you in the future can keep on guiding marquee users.. Then ill read some more Barco stuff telling you how and what to use it with. Wink
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, how could you not figure out if i can make it BETTER with an internal MOOME or with RGB straight up on TWO DIFFERENT MACHINES, that maybe its not just me??

Another guy a week or more ago came and posted he saw simular results between internal and external MOOMEs on his G90, is he incompetent too?

Im not guiding a Marquee user in any way about his projector, i know zero about them and have no interest. Im guiding him on him selection in HDMI to RGB converters. Thats all. Id say the same thing to anyone else that has the option of a BETTER solution for their machine.

Im not posting the same pics again and again to tell you the same info ive allready posted no less than 5 times that you clearly dont understand in the first place. Im sure youre not really this stupid, so it must be a language barrier of some sort.

Look at the green images i posted. I can clearly see a row of vertical green bars almost as wide as the picture of 1 on 1 off that can be clearly seen as defined, even in the blury picture taken with my old shakey hands using an iPhone. That is 1920x1080p @72Hz. Get me a tripod and a proper camera if you want to see more pics.

Ill also add that to be called incompetent by someone that measures contrast ratio in a lit room with white walls then states his 8500 is basically just as good as his 9500LC is pretty rich. Its very rich.

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the light level of the vertical lines VS the horisontal lines on a Barco have nothing to do with resolving/ bandwidth.?

For me its quite important that the pixel/ dot hits the right color and level, its not enought that its just there.

Try look this pattern on a Digital projector, and you will know why its so important for color reproduction, and ansi contrast in fine details.

What was the pixel clock on the picture below.?

Last edited by stridsvognen on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:17 am; edited 3 times in total
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:

Whats your experience with Marquee 9500LC.? And running it via EXT mome, VS int moome.?

I would doubt that the brand of projector would matter at the high end. Case is correct the external moome does not perform to the level you might expect. It is certainly my experience that it produces a softer image that can be achieved other ways. I would hope the internal version is better but I don't have any way of testing that version. Posting images is probably a waste of time as they rarely ever look like the actual image. You should test and satisfy yourself with your own eyes.
fragzero

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

km987654 wrote:

Posting images is probably a waste of time as they rarely ever look like the actual image. You should test and satisfy yourself with your own eyes.

Someone has to send MP an external Moome to MP so he can compare the external <-> internal on his marquee

He has the proper setup + camera techniques and will be able to make an accurate comparison!
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Port3 HDMI card will hopefully be here this week and i can test it out.

Directly from the Oppo 93 without any other stuff in the video chain.

If i have the time i will also test it directly from a pc (analog) putting 1080p out.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTopo wrote:
The Port3 HDMI card will hopefully be here this week and i can test it out.

Directly from the Oppo 93 without any other stuff in the video chain.

If i have the time i will also test it directly from a pc (analog) putting 1080p out.

That will be interesting.. Can you make some before and after shots of the SMPTE 1:1 from green tube.?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15
Jump to: