Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco Cine9 impressions with internal Moome card
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Ok if you say so, but have calibrated my Marquee's x 2 at least 1000 times and there is nothing you can do to get a flat gamma curve down to 5% white with out raising black. I think I am experienced in this. I did my calibration last night and 5% was at 2.8, 10% at 2.6, 15% at 2.5 , 20% at 2.5 etc etc and 90% at 1.9. With out the radiance or some other gamma correction you can not get a flat gamma curve say at 2.3, 2.4 or what ever. It is the nature of the beast. I do no think there was ever a CRT produced that with out some sort of video processing has got a flat gamma curve.

I have even used a Photo research PR 650 and got the same results. Even with the 03 vim which does not need any line mod fix
it is the same.

Just use the tools given to you in the radiance and be done with with it, your chasing your tail pursuing getting gamma correct in a crt from 0-30. From all my experience over the past 4 years working on my Marquee's I think it is well covered territory.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Ok if you say so, but have calibrated my Marquee's x 2 at least 1000 times and there is nothing you can do to get a flat gamma curve down to 5% white with out raising black. I think I am experienced in this. I did my calibration last night and 5% was at 2.8, 10% at 2.6, 15% at 2.5 , 20% at 2.5 etc etc and 90% at 1.9. With out the radiance or some other gamma correction you can not get a flat gamma curve say at 2.3, 2.4 or what ever. It is the nature of the beast. I do no think there was ever a CRT produced that with out some sort of video processing has got a flat gamma curve.

I have even used a Photo research PR 650 and got the same results. Even with the 03 vim which does not need any line mod fix
it is the same.

Just use the tools given to you in the radiance and be done with with it, your chasing your tail pursuing getting gamma correct in a crt from 0-30. From all my experience over the past 4 years working on my Marquee's I think it is well covered territory.

Athanasios

Well im not chasing it, i did it.. And the 03Vim have a elevated pedestal level like the line moddet 02VIM.. the reason i dont use my 03 VIM, it just messes up the low level gamma curve, WHO can be straight as a arow, with no corection. And keep Black Black as the devils ass. Wink
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The devil's arse is red mate.
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:

Good one case Thumbs Up its true the devil is red Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad not black unless its a alternate universe Shocked but it ain't Very Happy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the big E wrote:

Good one case Thumbs Up its true the devil is red Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad not black unless its a alternate universe Shocked but it ain't Very Happy

LOL.. To me he lives in a place with no light.. meaning that looking at it you will see nothing but darkness .. Embarassed
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire surrounds him, that is a form of light!!
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire surrounds him, that is a form of light!!

You have seen to many movies.. Wink Or my Black is red.. Better stop before i get to the point of no return.. lol..

and keep ass out of it next time i want explain my Black level.. Laughing
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire is the Devil's only friend according to Don Mclean.
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see scanlines with 1920 x 800p @72Hz

I think i will go up to 1920 x 800p @96Hz Mr. Green

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTopo wrote:

try look at a 1:1 vertical resolution, and be sure you can resolve both horisontal and vertical before going up..
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see scanlines at 1920x1080 72Hz too, but with the PC direct in through RGB i can also see scanlines at 1920x1200, which can be seen with the MOOME V3, when you can get it to let that much through.
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTopo wrote:

Just looking at the list of equipment. The Moome won't sync to 800p.

"Oppo BDP-93 (UltimatePlayer) --> Lumagen Radiance XE--> MoomeExt 3 --> The BLEND becomes Barco Reality 909² /w colored C-elements --> Cinemascope screen"
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say ive tried that KM, i run mine straight out of the PC at 817p, although never use it for much yet.
km987654

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say ive tried that KM, i run mine straight out of the PC at 817p, although never use it for much yet.

At the moment I am really learning to dislike Moome cards.
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 817p@72Hz the noise level on the Cine9 is very acceptable. If you watch a movie you'll not notice it after some minutes.

The fan speed (noise) goes up immediately if you switch to 96Hz.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont hear the projector ever. Its not loud enough for me to hear it. Even when the fans go fast i cant hear it from my viewing seat.

km987654 wrote:

Internals are tollerable.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont hear the projector ever. Its not loud enough for me to hear it. Even when the fans go fast i cant hear it from my viewing seat.

km987654 wrote:

From what i understand the time i have been on this site, Moome converters have been the quality must have for CRT.

Now you guys from down under say its garbadge.. Would be nice to know exact what the problems are, and some alternatives that works better.. ??

Maybe there is a reason that Moome never made a Barco Internal card.? Is it possible that Barco projectors is the problem.?
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Craig highly recommends the Sony Moome card. I wonder if he has tested the external unit.
km987654

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:

km987654 wrote:

From what i understand the time i have been on this site, Moome converters have been the quality must have for CRT.

Now you guys from down under say its garbadge.. Would be nice to know exact what the problems are, and some alternatives that works better.. ??

Maybe there is a reason that Moome never made a Barco Internal card.? Is it possible that Barco projectors is the problem.?

My comments are in relation to the Moome EXT Fullhd v3 only

The lack of customization available would be a place I would start. These units are built for CRT yet resolutions like 800p or 720p/72 that are commonly used to maximize bandwidth are not supported and there is no pass through that I can see that would allow me to take advantage of what my Lumagen can do.

Dip switch configuration has long since come and gone in almost any technology I have seen yet its still here in the latest generation of Moome.

I will get back to you on image quality as my first impressions may well be influenced by the initial configuration issues I have had so I will let the dust settle and try a few things before comment. I would add that this is not my first Moome Fullhd and I do have a Mux-Hd that works well.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

km987654 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

km987654 wrote:

My comments are in relation to the Moome EXT Fullhd v3 only

The lack of customization available would be a place I would start. These units are built for CRT yet resolutions like 800p or 720p/72 that are commonly used to maximize bandwidth are not supported and there is no pass through that I can see that would allow me to take advantage of what my Lumagen can do.

Dip switch configuration has long since come and gone in almost any technology I have seen yet its still here in the latest generation of Moome.

I will get back to you on image quality as my first impressions may well be influenced by the initial configuration issues I have had so I will let the dust settle and try a few things before comment. I would add that this is not my first Moome Fullhd and I do have a Mux-Hd that works well.

Now i expect that the EXT moom works as the internal, regarding supporting framerates and resolutions.. maybe not when reading the manual, but think Craig once confirmed it did so.

I can put whatever i want into my Moome.. 800 801 802 803.. whatever comes in my mind whatever framerate i desire, as long its inside the bandwidth.

It have a remote to set color space.. video level.. 20 step gamma.. Whats missing.?

The HDfury3 .. with Dip switsch.. so it looks like thats the way to go these days.

If find a moome EXT ill buy it and test it on one of my Marquee..
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15
Jump to: