Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

3D Theater with Marquee 9500LC

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: 3D Theater with Marquee 9500LC Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Is there a valid reason to buy the 3D Theater + over the cheaper version? You guys all run 720p@120hz without hazel on your Marquee 9500LC? What’s this I hear about green P43 tube.. is that a must do make 3D happen for me?

I plan on using 3D Theater via my computer using a 3D compatible software player and wonder if that will work? What 3D software player are you using?

Last edited by thewolfman on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understand that the Theater is designed to accept CE (consumer electronics) scanrates and resolutions, not computer-sourced ones. That means your video card must be able to put out 1080p24 and other resolutions/frequencies the same way a Blu-Ray player would for 3D playback.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolls-Royce wrote:
Understand that the Theater is designed to accept CE (consumer electronics) scanrates and resolutions, not computer-sourced ones. That means your video card must be able to put out 1080p24 and other resolutions/frequencies the same way a Blu-Ray player would for 3D playback.

If I create the resolution 1080p24 on nVidia control board and use PowerDVD 3D as a player that would work just as well, right? And with that also create a separate channel on my pj for 3D. That should work I guess, if it doesn't I will buy a real player as they are not so expensive these days.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why bother make your marquee do 3D.?

The PT22 tubes will make it imposible to get a good 2D image, messed up green color and gamma run. And very low light output.

If i was you i would look for the best BENQ DLP you can aford that can do 3D, it will deliver much more light, and its plug and play.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Why bother make your marquee do 3D.?

The PT22 tubes will make it imposible to get a good 2D image, messed up green color and gamma run. And very low light output.

If i was you i would look for the best BENQ DLP you can aford that can do 3D, it will deliver much more light, and its plug and play.

I read basically only good things about Marquee making good 3D.. but I also read about the PT22. My old green was a PT22 and the new is a P19LCP HKA VDC march 2011. No good?

Well, maybe a DLP in the future. If I could stand the grey looks of it..
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never experimented with 3D here on my Marquee, but i guess you will get gosting with your P19LCP.

And i doubt that you have enough light on 1 CRT to make a fair 3D image, And you will Invest in a 3D Theater, plus other stuff to start up 3D, im sure you can buy a used 3D DLP for the same Price.

And i doubt Black will be the thing you need to worry about with 3D.. Corect colors light Gamma and so on..

you have a 1st class 2D projector.

i would not spend my Money and tubes on trying to have 3D on my Marquee, not even if i get a stack up running.. And i already have a Radiance XS+ 3D.

But thats just my opinion.. Embarassed
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your opinion. Will dig deeper with whats out there in terms of 3D DLP these days. Maybe they are good enough for me. I only wish I had true colors in 2D to call the case closed.

Thanks.
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
Rolls-Royce wrote:

If I create the resolution 1080p24 on nVidia control board and use PowerDVD 3D as a player that would work just as well, right? And with that also create a separate channel on my pj for 3D. That should work I guess, if it doesn't I will buy a real player as they are not so expensive these days.

I use PowerDVD13 on my HDMI-equipped laptop. When experimenting with 3D output, it forced my laptop's onboard Intel video into the correct mode that worked fine with my Theater. I didn't have to change any settings on the video card at all.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, good to know. And thanks for contributing on the matter. What pj do you have?
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
Ok, good to know. And thanks for contributing on the matter. What pj do you have?

I don't. It's a 2001 Mitsubishi CRT RPTV that's being fed HDMI sources-including from my Theater+-through a Moome EXT-FULLHD box. Since my RPTV can't accept 720 or 1080p, I have to use a scaler to change the Theater's output to 1080i. Currently I'm doing this with a Radiance Mini 3D.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: